ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Between Steel Wheels & Urban Jungle 1989 ~ 1990
Paul Natkin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tongue defression Return to archive
08-07-02 01:03 PM
Nasty Habits This seems like pretty small 'taters in the grand scheme of Stones infighting and horrible tour news and omens - and now that I think about it, this may be an omen in itself.

BUT

This morning when I got into my car to come to work, my Rolling Stones air freshener, which has graced four different cars over the last 15 (FIFTEEN!) years had fallen on the floor. It had rotted off its string.

The situation has left me confused. I know they retire flags once they get to a certain state of decripitude. It's considered "disrespectful" to the institution to fly tattered colors, right?

Should I repair my Stones tongue air freshener, and take the opportunity to give it a brand new coat of red and black, or should I put the thing out to pasture once and for all?

I'd take a new one, even though my car would stink for months like fake strawberries, but I don't think they're manufactured anymore.

I can't drive a car with no tongue hanging from the rear view mirror.

Help!

Nasty
08-07-02 01:14 PM
Maxlugar If you wait about three days, Ronnie's liver will available.

Imagine how cool that thing's gonna look dangling from your rear view mirror!

Tasty!

And the smell!

Do you like the smell of Vodka, Schnapps, Gin, Rum, Guinness, Sotuhern Comfort and wine?

Mmmmmmmmmmm!

08-07-02 01:23 PM
Joey "I'd take a new one, even though my car would stink for months like fake strawberries ......"

My senior year in High School I dated this really hot Mexican chick and my car used to stink so bad that my friends absolutely HATED to ride in the damn thing .

I really didn't want to break up with her but either she had to go or my car did !!!!!

" Splash Splash Splash Me Ronnie "

Joeykins

08-07-02 03:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot So the Mexichick smelled like fake strawberries?

Shit, that's a hell of a lot better than smelling like a tuna!
08-07-02 04:48 PM
Cant Catch Me Man, bummer, as a once proud owner of a groovy Stones tongue air freshener of my own, dangling provocatively from my own rear view mirror, I sympathize with you.
Mine's long gone now, since I foolishly got rid of it when it got jaded and faded. Somehow, I managed to survive, but driving's certainly not as much fun without the Stones logo displayed conspicuously. (It's rebellious, kind of like driving around with your arm out the window, giving everybody the finger, don't you think?)
So I wouldn't recommend trashing yours, even if it's seen much better days ... (keep it "as long as the guitar plays" even.) But I wouldn't try to repaint it or anything, it'll only end up looking doctored and inauthentic. So maybe it's a little faded, but that's okay since it is a relic, in the same way a Stones fan, even a young one, is a relic, an anachronism, a throw back to an earlier time.
(I still scan the displays in the auto parts store for another one whenever I'm there, however, hoping that amid the Yo Amo Jesuses, the Yosemite Sams and the Tazmanian Devils and whatever else they've got there's another middle-finger-to-the-world impish bright red lips and tongue air freshener.)
08-07-02 05:57 PM
Nasty Habits It took my Stones air freshener 14 years to rot. How long would it take Ronnie's liver to rot, once it's out of Ronnie? Maybe it's pickled, preserved and can't decay no more, but I bet it'd fall off its string real quick.

I decided my world would be infinitely unhappier without the Stones tongue dangling from my rearview. It's repaired and back up in my car, redder than its been in years and looking pretty damn authentic (Like most of you, I'm sure, I can draw the Stones tongue in my sleep, so it was pretty easy to "restore".)

Problem, problem solved!
08-07-02 06:01 PM
parmeda I for one, am happy for you Nasty.

I was getting worried that you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight! Make sure you tied the string tight...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road