ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Between Steel Wheels & Urban Jungle 1989 ~ 1990
Paul Natkin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SPIV Return to archive
08-05-02 01:27 PM
sirmoonie Are we still all SPIVed up and sloppy? I hope so. Bunch of C10s plus other Stonesians going mobile through Manhattan. Looking forward to that almost as much as the shows. Yins is the best! Even you gay ones!

"SPIV me silly, Ronnie! Silly, I tell you!"
08-05-02 01:52 PM
nankerphelge I think the SPIV is dead in the water. But we should still get some wheels and have our own little Mighty Mobile!! I'm all for it!
08-05-02 02:02 PM
sirmoonie Is it really dead? I think Maxy said 20 goons to cover his cc nut.

Sirmoonie, Nanky, Maxy, SS, FPM, Maxmeister, Riffie, uh.....uh.....Gazza? Alex? There's several more, I just can't think straight when I'm drinking vodka this early. Anyway, thats min of 7.

08-05-02 02:03 PM
sirmoonie Oh yeah, Dandelion! I get to sit next to her.

Thats 8 and possibly 10, and I'm sure there is more.

08-05-02 02:17 PM
Jaxx i'm there even tho i'm staying walking distance from "the garden". SPIV or no SPIV i'll be partying heavily and anyone who wants to join me is most welcome
08-05-02 02:22 PM
sirmoonie Yes! Two Unholys! How can this not become a reality?

Thats 10 and maybe Alex.

08-05-02 02:31 PM
Maxlugar Oh I knew I forgot to mention something! The SPIV money.

Folks, in the mail the other day, I received something so shocking and uplifting that I nearly soiled my Stones thong.

In an innocent looking little white envelope, with handwriting that looked like it was scribbled by an over excited child writing to Santa Clause, was a short letter and $60 bucks hard cash.

The sender?

Moonlight Mile, C10.

The reason?

He wants to ride the SPIV. Even after I cancelled it. He simply wants to ride the SPIV.

It is with shaking hands I type this....

And through teary eyes I shout this....

SPIV-ON YOU BASTARDS!!!!

LET'S DO IT!!!

If 20 people sign up right here and right now I'll put the fucker on my credit card. I'm adding Scope to the list in case he doesn't see this.

Moonie, I'm not sure you fully realize what you've done...

RAGUL-XAM!!!!

08-05-02 02:33 PM
nankerphelge In -- I'll send the check forthwith.
08-05-02 04:16 PM
Riffhard Yes!A million times YES!!!It is going to be soooo great!Hell it's gonna be so good that the Stones will be talking about it after the show!We need to get the details worked out.What kind of SPIV are we talking about?Are we gonna have a driver?Who's bringing the chiba?Or more to the point,who's not bringing the chiba?Beer,wine,spirits,all three?Is there a back door that I can puke out of?The devil is in the details!!!!

Riffhard

08-05-02 04:56 PM
Joey Don't forget that as said driver of such vehicle , your Uncle Joey gets 20 percent of all of that money they are sending you Maxy plus all the free beer ( Imports only ) and Chiba young Joey can consume . Also , I will need my airfare , hotel accommodations and ticket ( Main floor ) all paid for ...and in addition one thousand dollars spending money .

Remember , this is no social crisis , just another Tricky Day ......for you !!!!!!!!

" What do you want for nothing ????? Rubber Biscuit Ronnie "

Joeykins
08-05-02 06:08 PM
Gazza I'm in...Maxy,send me your home address and I'll forward the cash to you
08-05-02 07:48 PM
Dandelion* FPM and I are in. I think.
08-05-02 08:38 PM
nankerphelge No thinking allowed.
That's Rule # 1.

Just get in SPIV!

Perhaps the most interesting ride in the history of mankind.

08-05-02 10:04 PM
Dandelion* Therefore I'm SPIVed?

I don't know - the big white pimp mobile still sounds so....so.....so.....more....spivy....the big SPIV looks like it's morphing into a soccer mom mobile... and that's just weird.

My absolute fave is the Hall drawn carriage thingy...how many do you think would fit into that?

08-05-02 10:57 PM
Maxmeister

SPIV-ON YOU BASTARDS!!!!

LET'S DO IT!!!

If 20 people sign up right here and right now I'll put the fucker on my credit card. I'm adding Scope to the list in case he doesn't see this.

Moonie, I'm not sure you fully realize what you've done...

RAGUL-XAM!!!!

Maxy email me your addy and I'll have the $ to you immediately. I've had the same thoughts as Sir Moonie, this will be "almost" as cool as the show. The icing on what will be a grand Stonesilicious evening.
I know everyone appreciates what you're doing to front this operation.
LET'S DO IT, INDEED!!!

Rick

08-05-02 11:13 PM
Mickjagger1963 I feel so dumb but whats SPIV stand for /?
??
08-06-02 12:21 AM
sirmoonie Stones Party Inebriation Vehicle. Pre-MSG combustion bash.

60 chits. You in?

Here's your potential colleagues so far:

1. Maxwell
2. Nanky
3. Maxmeister
4. Sir Stonesalot
5. FPM
6. Riffie
7. Gazza
8. Jaxx
9. Dandelion
10. Sirmoonie (next to Dandelion)

Who wouldn't want to party with that set?

Need more, need more. PERKS, you going to MSG? We can rumble in the SPIV. 60 bones contrib and you can take first swing.

Alex, will you be in NYC that Thursday? Please answer, if you can. I'll chisel in your 60 because you're a guest and flying a long ass way.

08-06-02 07:59 AM
Maxlugar 1. Maxwell
2. Nanky
3. Maxmeister
4. Sir Stonesalot
5. FPM
6. Riffie
7. Gazza
8. Jaxx
9. Dandelion
10. Sirmoonie (next to Dandelion)
11. Scope - You forgot Scope! He's seen the damn thing with his own eyes!

So that's 11. Need more. Need more.

Maxlugar, SPIV 11.
08-06-02 07:59 AM
Mickjagger1963 not going to MSG show, but Ill be at Giants Stad.
08-06-02 08:59 AM
scope I'm in, along with the misses. That'll make it 12. As for the liquid refreshments, I'll be glad to pick up whatever we need. Based on the earlier plans, I will be picked up first from home by the SPIV, so I can load 'er up with coolers of brew and anything else you desire. Let me know what you want. This rounds on me!
[Edited by scope]
08-06-02 09:33 AM
nankerphelge If we don't get 20, Dandy's point about getting a smaller vehicle is well-taken -- we won't be able to break-dance and shit, but it will be more intimate. I know Moonie digs that!!
08-06-02 11:13 AM
Joey The money is flowing in and that is very very good news ...............for everyone ! Why ??????

Remember :

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bunny Joey

08-06-02 11:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey!

You forgot Marko the Crazy Bastard...assuming he isn't dead. Haven't heard from him in about a month and a half. So I can't say for 100% sure he's still coming to the US. But I think so.

What about VoodooChile? You gonna get to NYC or what? Jaxxypoo and Gaz are in...you bringing Wonderland to the SPIV or what?
08-07-02 07:59 AM
Maxlugar So what is that, like 12 people?

We may need an I-SPIV (Intimate SPIV)

Scope what where the sizes and prices again?

If we got a SPIV it would be more people and less money each. But an I-SPIV might be more fun. I don't know but we need to put a cutoff date for funds so I know what I'm doing. Hows about August 30th?

Maxy
08-07-02 12:29 PM
scope
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
We may need an I-SPIV (Intimate SPIV)

Scope what where the sizes and prices again?

When I visited, I didn't get a quote on anything smaller. It was the same price for the bus or the stretched out SUV, which both held about the same amount. From their website (1800limonow.com) it looks like the next size down is a limo for 10. I wonder if these sizes are standard in the business. If it is, we're stuck Between a Rock......
08-07-02 04:22 PM
Gazza >Alex, will you be in NYC that Thursday? Please answer, if you can. I'll chisel in your 60 because you're a guest and flying a long ass way.

So am I you bastard! (plane to london,then another to New York)

I think Alex is only going to Giants Stadium,so I dont think hes arriving until Friday

If Maxy or you are puttin the money up front,let me know your address

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road