ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Between Steel Wheels & Urban Jungle 1989 ~ 1990
Paul Natkin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Last Night's Rehearsals 7/31 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-02-02 07:30 PM
tumblingdice Not to stir up shit or anything, but I hope they play Winter and could do without hearing Miss U.
But they could play just turd on the run and I'll be glad to be there and hear it.
Tell you what when I get to see the show I am set up for I will be glad to post info for you, free of charge folks!
Could care less if you credit me or not.
08-02-02 07:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Winter..LOL!

Did YOU think I was serious?

Bwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
08-02-02 07:54 PM
winter ah, um, of course not,

by the way if do stay in Woburn, you might want to avoid drinking the water,

!!!!!!M-U-E-H-P-R-O

wintah
08-02-02 08:53 PM
Miss U. You'll most likely hear Miss You, they've rehearsed it.

Dear Sir Stonesalot:

>>>>That's great for you, and those of you around Toronto. So because of our geographic location, you don't want to share with us?<<<<<<

Quite the opposite. If I didn't want to share, I wouldn't have made my site, and shared my stories, or my photos, would I? I've said before, guess I have to keep sayin it, ALL Stones fans are welcome!
I didn't create the site for all this nastiness, and I don't want to argue. I'm aware Ken uses the info on his site, but since he credits our site I'm not bitching about it.
I created the site because I love the Stones, because someone on here suggested starting an email list for us, and I thought it's about time Canuck Stones fans have a site where they can all get together....a place for people to make friends out of a common love for the Stones. It's not just about rehearsals. I find it insulting people are trying to attribute the worst possible motives to me. I'm not doing it to have the largest club on Yahoo. I don't give a rat's ass about that. And I'm not doing it for money.

The club is a permanent site, it's not temporary. Yes it's a small club. I realize alot of people are only there for a short time, that's fine. I see no reason to "close shop" after they leave.
It's not much different than any other email list--people need to subscribe to join. An email list is great for "lazy" people who want info fast, because it goes directly to your email without having to surf the web.

>>>>>>>Only people from Toronto are allowed to be privy to that.<<<<<<<<<<<

Where did you get that idea? Like I said, all Stones fans are welcome...anyone can join, who is coming to Toronto or wants to know what's happening. If people lurk only, that's fine, as long as they are respectful. I've even posted that on the main page of the site. I'm not excluding anyone.
Like undercover, if people want to join, they join. If they don't want to, fine.

>>>>And by the way...I steal Voodoo's pics all the time. It takes about 2 seconds to crop the "Rocks Off" from the header pics. And I don't really care if he doesn't like it.<<<<

There's a difference between downloading a photo to keep personally versus taking a stamped photo, cropping it then putting it on another website without crediting the original source....the latter is what I was using as an example to illustrate what I was trying to say. That's a big no-no. Of course people can do these kinds of things & they will do what they want. You can't force people to be considerate. But when it's found out it just makes them look very bad.

YOu'll notice all the photos on StonesToronto are public, and not stamped, so anyone can take them. I don't care. The news articles are also public to everyone, not just members.
If I'm so selfish I wouldn't have done that.
08-02-02 09:08 PM
Prodigal Son The Leafs really do suck... and I say that being born in Toronto (moved to Calgary three years ago where no Stones go but Dylan is in a few weeks!). 35 years, no cup and a throng of desperate diehard fans similar to the Cubs fans who cheer for a longtime loser, same with the Bosox. Leafs get all the attention in Canada which is why the rest of the country that isn't a Leaf fan hates them and the city. It's like everyone in the Eastern U.S.A. hating New York, if the Yankees were without world series.The Bruins. Great teams since the last cup win, but evil management that let the team suck again in the off-season. The Flyers. Same thing but too many big millionaires with bigger egos. The Rangers suck too. HABS RULE and will be the cup champs again in the next decade sometime!
08-02-02 09:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, yeah, that's all well and good.

But why do I have to join your site, when it has absolutely nothing to do with me, just to get access to that info. There is no good reason for me to join your site. I'm not from Toronto. Why can't you post the most interesting stuff here too. I thought you were still a member of this community. You are short changing us.

I'm not mad or anything...the crack about the Leafs was just a joke...

08-02-02 09:30 PM
sirmoonie Hockey is a game for white guys who are too spastic and/or gay to play basketball.
08-02-02 09:45 PM
Scot Rocks Get that padding off and go and play the only real sport soccer!!!!lol

The season starts tomorrow here, "c'mon the Celts!!!"

"Hail Hail..."

Mark
08-02-02 10:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Rangers will make Celtic their bitch....again.
08-02-02 10:45 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Rangers will make Celtic their bitch....again.

Thanks for the friday night humour, SS,

As we all know it will be 3 titles in a row for the hoops this year.

"Truth is stranger than fiction..."

Mark
08-03-02 01:26 AM
Ken
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
You'll most likely hear Miss You, they've rehearsed it.

Dear Sir Stonesalot:

>>>>That's great for you, and those of you around Toronto. So because of our geographic location, you don't want to share with us?<<<<<<

I'm aware Ken uses the info on his site, but since he credits our site I'm not bitching about it.

Let's back up right here.
I don't get the information on my website from your website.
I get it emailed to me from Toronto Tom. Frank Stirpe also gave me permission to us his information. Tom also gave me permission to use his pictures and anything he post as ''his'' on Doug's board.

You see Brenda these folks want all the fans to know whats going on, not just the ones in TorontoStones@yahoogroups

And one more thing people aren't going to my website for this sort of information. At least I don't think they are.
There coming here and Doug's board and IORR and Stones Toronto ect.....

But a year from now when people feel like reminiscing it's going to right there for them all nice an accurate, no thanks to you.

My website is mostly for the gatherings, and when people doing searches hit my site they might find some interesting stuff they didn't know existed on the web, including all the afore mentioned sites and more. I encourage people to seek out other Stones sites.

Ken
08-05-02 08:57 AM
Jumacfly I agree with you Scott Rocks, there s only soccer!!!

an ex player from my team (Montpellier) plays, but for the Celtic i guess...do yo know Didier agate??

best wishes for your team, the championship has also began
in France, very nice to go back to the stadium...
SOCCER RULES!!!!

Cheers, and no more Miss you on stage please....
08-05-02 10:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot You know, I'll bet we could field a pretty good team from all of the regular's here.

08-05-02 11:12 AM
Jumacfly yes, it would be nice to play a tournament between us, with stones team!!

imagine:
the Bitches/ the brown sugars
Miss You FC /Jumping jack united

good idea Sir.

Cheers
08-05-02 11:25 AM
Sir Stonesalot We could call ourselves the "FC Midnight Ramblers".
08-05-02 11:46 AM
Jumacfly yes , SS, very good....

FC MIDNIGHT RAMBLER RULES!!!

we need 11 players, cause next week we got a very impotant game against the Miss You United....
08-05-02 11:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot I got dibs on Keeper.
08-05-02 01:20 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I agree with you Scott Rocks, there s only soccer!!!

an ex player from my team (Montpellier) plays, but for the Celtic i guess...do yo know Didier agate??

best wishes for your team, the championship has also began
in France, very nice to go back to the stadium...
SOCCER RULES!!!!

Cheers, and no more Miss you on stage please....

Yes Jumacfly, I know him well, he plays right wing back for us, kinda like a right winger and he is an important player as he is very fast and strong and has good skill. He has created a lot of goals for us, I think he had a bad time at Montpellier, because he was injured quite a lot but he has been a revalation at Celtic and we bought him for only �50,000!!!. We also have another Frenchman called Bobo Balde, I think he was at Toulouse before, he is like a tank!!!Good luck with Montpellier this season too.

oh btw we started with a 2-1 win!!!

Mark
08-05-02 06:31 PM
Gazza >Get that padding off and go and play the only real sport soccer!!!!lol

Shame on you as a European for using the 's' word instead of the 'f' word!
08-05-02 06:56 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Get that padding off and go and play the only real sport soccer!!!!lol

Shame on you as a European for using the 's' word instead of the 'f' word!

lol Gazza, I know it is a sin, however, well it's not my fault that more folks across the Atlantic appreciate the Stones more than us, here. It was for their benifit, or I might have been getting some posts such as "footballers wear padding dumbass!!!!."

I am ashamed!!!!!

lol

Mark

btw Midnight Ramblers FC sounds great!!!!scare the oppostion shitless, as the team runs out we could have the YaYa's version blasting out the sound system, they would be pissing themselves!!!! lol

oh and that no.7 shirt has my name written on it already!!

Cheers

Mark
08-05-02 07:46 PM
steel driving hammer Jeez! Lets try to stay on Topic Thread Head pLUUEEZE.

Now,

Just read in the paper today, China has 7.2 Million people with the last name Won. Yes Won. So, when I go see the Stones in China from a guy I know there whom's last name IS Won, but if I look his name up in the Yellow Page, I'm more than likely to get the Won number!!!
08-05-02 07:52 PM
Gazza actually theres NO telephones in China....

the reason is that as theres so many Wings and so many Wongs, you might Wing the Wong number......
08-05-02 07:56 PM
Gazza >lol Gazza, I know it is a sin, however, well it's not my fault that more folks across the Atlantic appreciate the Stones more than us, here. It was for their benifit, or I might have been getting some posts such as "footballers wear padding dumbass!!!!."

thats their problem for being out of step...actually i'd guess maybe most people who use this board live outside north america...its hard to tell,though..lol

btw Mark - Rangers were here last week for a friendly. I was working at the game and got pics with Amoruso and Ferguson..I'll send them on to ya for your bedroom wall..lol
08-06-02 05:10 AM
Jumacfly Mark: i know Bald�, he s a real tank!!
yes D.Agate had no luck in france, i m verry happy for him , he s now considered as a good player, nice.

btw we won 1/0 against Rennes.

MIDNIGHT RAMBLERS FC RULES!!

now let s speak about the stones , the Miss you United is gonna bash us!!

cheers
08-06-02 04:24 PM
Miss U. Ken, you've already posted that you post things from my site on undercover & credit the StonesToronto site (which I appreciate), but not me for some sort of bitter reasons only you can understand.

No matter. I am not angry about that or what you've done with your site.

However....if you have absolutely nothing to gain from my site, and are so publicly ungrateful & bitter about it, then why do you join? It might be nice for you to contribute to the site for the benefit of everyone there, instead of only certain sites, if you're so concerned about spreading the word to everyone, as you say.

One thing I won't put up with on my site is rudeness & disrespect. If you dislike my site so much, feel free to unsubscribe at any time. It's about love for the Stones & friendliness.

Like Undercover, it's an email list which means people must subscribe. It's also not much different than any club on Yahoo. Take it or leave it. But don't be so ungrateful.

As for Sir Stonesalot, I'll do that...I've just been very busy lately. I've also emailed Voodoo extending an offer as he's been a good friend & I support this site.
08-06-02 05:29 PM
winter As the original poster of this thread, I'd like to rename it to "The Thread That Won't Die". I just don't know how to do it.

Blimpie, Blimp, Blimp, my Blimpie pooh,

wintah
08-06-02 05:38 PM
Joey "Just read in the paper today, China has 7.2 Million people with the last name Won. Yes Won. So, when I go see the Stones in China from a guy I know there whom's last name IS Won, but if I look his name up in the Yellow Page, I'm more than likely to get the Won number!!!"

Vietnam has 20.5 million people with the last name Nguyen ( pronounced WHEN ) So , it's not IF the Stones play Hanoi , it's WHEN !!!!!!!!

" Help Me Ronnie "

Jo Jo

08-06-02 08:46 PM
Miss U. One last comment...
....as you can see from some of the above posts...although I am a member of this "community" there are clearly a few people here who enjoy slandering me on this message board, and slandering me again when I respond to their crap in my defense.
Although we've clearly discussed this on my site until I was blue in the face & my board turned into a bitchfest of ingratitude, some people have insisted on continuing the slander abroad.

It's a no-win situation here, isn't it? No matter what I do, there are certain people & their zillion pseudonyms here on a mission to cause trouble for me & try to twist things around to make me look as bad as possible. I've never stopped Ken from doing what he wants; he made it clear at the start he was going to do it whether I gave permission or not. I might not like it, but as long as people give credit I'm not bitching about it.

One of the reasons my site is for members is to discourage flaming, and because it's more personal than a "news only" site.

Out of loyalty to Voodoo, I'll occasionally post some news here, but I don't have the time to do that every day. Nor do I see the point in busting my ass doing it every day for the benefit of certain assholes here.

As for SS, I'm not begging you to join. Do whatever you decide. Your choice. I've made it clear you're welcome, as are all STones fans from Toronto or not.

I've made it very clear on my site my point of view for anyone thinking of joining.

I can't please everyone. Enough!
I've been very patient, but there is a limit.
Thank god there's a Stones place for Canadians; we hate rude people.
08-06-02 10:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
winter wrote:
As the original poster of this thread, I'd like to rename it to "The Thread That Won't Die". I just don't know how to do it.

Seconded - any one of the Unholies want to take it up?

Oh, Miss U and co.? Where might be one of these glorious sites where I can read what the Stones are playing and not have to listen to all y'all bitch about credit and so forth? Sorry if anyone feels slighted for me saying so, but I'm in it to learn what they played - what the fuck's it matter who found out? I'm ready and rearin' to go for this tour - I want to know what they're playing and the hystrionics about credit can go fuck themselves - it's the Stones that're playing the stuff, not you! Those of you who are busting your asses to let us know, thank you very much, we all owe you - but don't get all hissy when people who are so grateful for what you do feel the need to generously pass it on, with or without credit. They might not even remember where they heard it from!

So, where where where where *where*, illustrious denizens, might I find these suckers?

-tSYX --- Help me Ronnie, help help me Ronnie, help me Ronnie yeah, Taylor outta my heart!
08-06-02 10:55 PM
gypsy Miss U wrote:
"I'm not bitching about it."

Could've fooled me!

Page: 1 2 3

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road