ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Reading "FYG,WY?" in the telepromter
Stade Olympique de la Pontaise, Lausanne 11th August 2007
© mrhipfl, thanks a lot!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Handles / nicknames Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
3rd August 2007 06:04 PM
Saint Sway I chose "Saint Sway" because "VoodooChileInWOnderland" was taken.
3rd August 2007 06:07 PM
glencar I started off as Blue at Stonesworld & then went through a couple of other boards with that moniker but I think it was taken when I tried registering the same handle here. Glencar is a waterfall in western Ireland that is down the road apiece from where some of my ancestors lived.
3rd August 2007 06:16 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I started off as Blue at Stonesworld & then went through a couple of other boards with that moniker but I think it was taken when I tried registering the same handle here. Glencar is a waterfall in western Ireland that is down the road apiece from where some of my ancestors lived.

I am mostly Irish Myself !!!!

Remember my Brother , it is the Irish that saved civilization ( see : The Great Ronald Reagan [ Liberal Democrat the first fifty - five years of his life ] ) .

H.R. Puffin Joe !
3rd August 2007 06:17 PM
glencar And then he grew up & started thinking for himself!
3rd August 2007 06:20 PM
Joey " And then he grew up & started thinking for himself! "

3rd August 2007 06:21 PM
glencar Man, she'd be good!
3rd August 2007 06:28 PM
lotsajizz Hey Joey!! It's good to see the Celtic contribution to Civilization so well understood! Which means I guess I'll do the Bushmills tonight!! No hard stuff 'till 10 PM though...it's a West Coast road trip and I must pace myself.
3rd August 2007 06:51 PM
chris girard Chris is my real first name and Girard is the name of street I lived on when I was a kid.
3rd August 2007 07:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am mostly Irish Myself !!!!

Well, your arse certainly is. It seems to live in a bog...
3rd August 2007 07:57 PM
jostorm Nice thread, TTM !

Mine's simply an abbreviation of my name: Johanna Storm.

But , what would really interest me to know is WHY some people feel the need of a nickname or a handle and some don't??? What's the philosophy behind it???

The urge for some type of anonimity??
Gives you the opportunity to impersonate (away from your usual life, therefore escape)??
Defensiveness?? (previous bad experiences? God only knows this place can be extremely vitriolic at times...)
Insecurity??
Romanticism???
Just curiosity born from insomnia, hope I'm not offending anyone by asking...
3rd August 2007 08:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG Jo..you killing me here...1:45 am and you can't sleep...
So you get all philosophical?....
I can think of better things to do ..

Need to ask all the people on this board with several aliases how they keep them straight..that would be interesting if they would answer. (Bucky, Feej, Pdog, where are you?)
3rd August 2007 08:55 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Jo..you killing me here...1:45 am and you can't sleep...
So you get all philosophical?....
I can think of better things to do ..

Need to ask all the people on this board with several aliases how they keep them straight..that would be interesting if they would answer. (Bucky, Feej, Pdog, where are you?)

I'm here... This is the first time I've been accused of having an alias. I'm shocked and slightly offended...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
3rd August 2007 08:55 PM
Bitch
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i went for a nice dinner one time with a gal and our entree came to the table on fire....i was like wtf?

some people think i got the lyrics wrong.

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

owwwwwwwwwwwwww
Do you mean it isn't a take off from pile it high on the platter from Shattered?
3rd August 2007 08:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Bitch wrote:

owwwwwwwwwwwwww
Do you mean it isn't a take off from pile it high on the platter from Shattered?

You do know he's like 45 and rides a BMX bike to get malt liquor from 7-11?
3rd August 2007 09:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm here... This is the first time I've been accused of having an alias. I'm shocked and slightly offended...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I ain't accusing, and don't be offended, my friend...
and since you took the bait..you ain't gonna tell even if you did.

Ya see.. I get confused posting photos and such as myself..can't imagine my "alias" trying to answer my posts and not copying and pasting the wrong photo selected. Or using all small case letters and forgetting to capitalize them as myself. It really does take talent. (Just made Bucky's night...)

3rd August 2007 09:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:

You do know he's like 45 and rides a BMX bike to get malt liquor from 7-11?

you got some sort of problem with that?
3rd August 2007 09:22 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bitch wrote:

owwwwwwwwwwwwww

no...i told you i was out for a nice dinner with a gal and this is how our meal was presented. it came in flames.

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
3rd August 2007 09:30 PM
Daethgod mine is Daethgod as i mis-spelt Deathgod when i first signed in

can be farked changing

geez for awhile on XBox LIVE my handle was ozdaethgod

3rd August 2007 09:33 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I ain't accusing, and don't be offended, my friend...
and since you took the bait..you ain't gonna tell even if you did.

Ya see.. I get confused posting photos and such as myself..can't imagine my "alias" trying to answer my posts and not copying and pasting the wrong photo selected. Or using all small case letters and forgetting to capitalize them as myself. It really does take talent. (Just made Bucky's night...)

I'm not offended, I'm jealous of anyone who can create an alias and create that sort of alter ego...
That boy (bucky) has talent...
3rd August 2007 09:33 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
mine is Daethgod as i mis-spelt Deathgod when i first signed in

can be farked changing

geez for awhile on XBox LIVE my handle was ozdaethgod

the only thing better than your name is your avatar...is that your baby?

3rd August 2007 09:35 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

you got some sort of problem with that?

NO, not at all. I'm just really grateful and I'm laughing with you, really, I'm laughing near you, I'm laughing my ass off...
I'm not really convinced however about your story concerning your nick/ handle. There's no way in hell you ever went out with a girl...
3rd August 2007 09:37 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh P..I just spit out my toothpaste.....
You are a marvel!!LMAO!!!!
3rd August 2007 09:39 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh P..I just spit out my toothpaste.....
You are a marvel!!LMAO!!!!

And I love you too, my Chocolate Rain loving ,melting in my mouth not in my hands, ROCC Doll.
3rd August 2007 09:49 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:

NO, not at all. I'm just really grateful and I'm laughing with you, really, I'm laughing near you, I'm laughing my ass off...
I'm not really convinced however about your story concerning your nick/ handle. There's no way in hell you ever went out with a girl...

i really do think it is best that we avoid each other...it is obvious that you do not like me, and i am not all that fond of you.

lets leave it at that.....it was working for about two weeks just fine.

i can see that your vacation did shit to relax that smack head brain of yours.........

you say there is no way i went out with a girl.....JUST WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

please stay the freak away from me
3rd August 2007 09:58 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i really do think it is best that we avoid each other...it is obvious that you do not like me, and i am not all that fond of you.

lets leave it at that.....it was working for about two weeks just fine.

i can see that your vacation did shit to relax that smack head brain of yours.........

you say there is no way i went out with a girl.....JUST WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

please stay the freak away from me

Ummm, last time you asked that, you went after me... so take your own advice... and btw, if you can't take a little joke, that you don't fit in here, plain and simple.
And don't forget this, you showed up here at our party. You don't get the right to tell us how to have that party, so either fit in or leave. I was here first and whether you like it or not, i made alot of friends here. We are very tight and very forgiving, everyone has a bad day or week. You seem to have had a rough time. When I offered my olive branch regarding your loss of your mother you rejected it. You know that and i know that. So either play the game or like I said, take your own advice. You're the one not making friends here. I already have a ton of friends here and don't really need one more, but the option for you has been there, you just keep missing it.
3rd August 2007 10:18 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
And then he grew up & started thinking for himself!

Actually, it was the first sign of his Alzheimer's.

As for my handle, I've often wondered just what a "Brainbell Jangler" is; haven't you? Besides, a handle that can be shortened to "Brainy" fits the self-mocking parody of swell-headedness with which I enjoy duping the credulous (Feej?).
4th August 2007 04:48 AM
nankerphelge Actually, the first sign of Alzheimers is the purchasing of multiple boxes of Jello and toothpaste, followed (in order) by confusion as to where you put them, asking the same question repeatedly over a short period of time, and an incessant need to eat humburgers.

I know, because my mom is in the advanced stages.
The once vibrant and playful woman has been reduced in 7 short years to a totally unresponsive shell of her former self. Whereas she once remebered things from her childhood, all short-term memory totally gone, she now sits in a room and feels her facial features.

It is a truly horrible disease.
Nearly as bad as liberal elitist arrogance.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
4th August 2007 05:17 AM
glencar BJ is a fucking douchebag. That is all.
4th August 2007 08:29 AM
lotsajizz Glencar's an asshole!
4th August 2007 11:12 AM
nankerphelge Glass houses...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)