ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Reading "FYG,WY?" in the telepromter
Stade Olympique de la Pontaise, Lausanne 11th August 2007
© mrhipfl, thanks a lot!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Handles / nicknames Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
3rd August 2007 10:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The Jeep Appreciation thread got me to thinking. I got to wondering why he/she chose that one....what the inspiration was. Was it Popeye? Or the car??? That led me to wondering what inspired the other handles/nicknames, some are straightforward. TTM was inspired from the Two Hundred Motels Zappa movie....but I got the number wrong. Mother baby was from "Have You Seen You're Mother baby standing in the shadows." meant to reflect the "outsider looking in" syndrome. Smedley, an old handle was a nick name I picked up in High School. Noone calls me that nowadays except some old high school buddies. Bleeding Volcano which I used for a short time was meant to reflect my Aries nature. At any rate now that I've bored you tell about YOURS. LOL.
3rd August 2007 10:23 AM
Jumacfly Mine is from my name, Julien, and from my mates gang, called the"Mc Fly".

pretty simple, hu??
3rd August 2007 10:31 AM
fanfucker I suppose you don't need explications.
I thought 10000 motels was a conccurent of Paris Hilton.
Otherwise, i like 200 motels (F.Z.). I discover Varèse and Stravinsky and others.
3rd August 2007 10:32 AM
egon it's the name my parents gave me...
3rd August 2007 10:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
it's the name my parents gave me...

I thought your real name was "the Star of Lyon"
3rd August 2007 10:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
fanfucker wrote:
I thought 10000 motels was a conccurent of Paris Hilton.

That's just one of the 10,000.
3rd August 2007 10:41 AM
Factory Girl Great Question--

Factory Girl is one of my fave RS songs. Its just a simple little charming country song that conveys a lot of emotion.

I think it suits me---I wear scarves instead of hats and I take buses everywhere.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
3rd August 2007 11:06 AM
mrhipfl My last name is Hipfl. Therefore Mr. Hipfl = mrhipfl.

lame...I'd change it, but I like my post count.
3rd August 2007 11:09 AM
Bitch

BITCH is my favorite song, it always has been since the first time I heard it! Every time it plays, I get into a good mood instantly, I just love that song. I thought it was a cool name, and I like it when people say 'Hey Bitch', it suits me. In reality I'm not a Bitch, I wont be anybody's Bitch, which is precisely why I am a Bitch! It's funny and it's tough!

3rd August 2007 11:09 AM
GhostofBrianJones I use hellsrollingthunder sometimes because the Viet Nam veterans have a
motorcycle group called Rolling Thunder and I worked for the VA for almost
25 years. I put the Hells before it because of going to war is like going to Hell.
There are hundreds of VN vets in this motorcycle group and they come to
various events around the country such as the Wall to honor all vets who have
served and died in wars and on active dury, retired, and who have served our
country.
3rd August 2007 12:56 PM
Gazza Gazza is a common nickname in the UK for anyone whose name begins with 'Ga'. Both my first and last names fit the bill and it was the first and most obvious nickname I could think of.

It had nothing to do with Gazza, the footballer. I'd been called that before I'd ever heard of him.
3rd August 2007 01:04 PM
JaggerLips Jagger because he's m favourite singer of all time and Lips well simply because he's got the best lips in the music industry, unusual for a white man to have such thick lips.

JaggerLips sorta has a ring to it.
3rd August 2007 01:08 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Gazza is a common nickname in the UK for anyone whose name begins with 'Ga'. Both my first and last names fit the bill and it was the first and most obvious nickname I could think of.

It had nothing to do with Gazza, the footballer. I'd been called that before I'd ever heard of him.

And here all along I thought you were a stripper from the middle east?
3rd August 2007 01:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG Had to have something "Jagger" being a Mick chick and all..
Party Doll is one of my favorite Mick songs and the name sorta suits me. MEG-initials of my real name
3rd August 2007 01:15 PM
nankerphelge Probably goes without saying, but nanker/phelge is the pen name the Stones used on some of their early (and best) work.

I figured if it worked for them, it could work for me!

The best part was the avatar.
When I moved over here from Keno's site, I needed an avatar. There were so many to choose from - album covers, shots of the band, shots of each member, tongues of all shapes and sizes. But I wanted something that really captured my nature.

The smiling devil came to mind and Voodoo made it happen.

3rd August 2007 01:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Jeep Appreciation thread got me to thinking. I got to wondering why he/she chose that one....what the inspiration was. Was it Popeye? Or the car??? That led me to wondering what inspired the other handles/nicknames, some are straightforward. TTM was inspired from the Two Hundred Motels Zappa movie....but I got the number wrong. Mother baby was from "Have You Seen You're Mother baby standing in the shadows." meant to reflect the "outsider looking in" syndrome. Smedley, an old handle was a nick name I picked up in High School. Noone calls me that nowadays except some old high school buddies. Bleeding Volcano which I used for a short time was meant to reflect my Aries nature. At any rate now that I've bored you tell about YOURS. LOL.

I was thinking of using either the handle of " Joey " or " Anal Leakage " .

I chose Joey .

However , right now at this moment I have a serious , SERIOUS case of Anal Leakage .

Why ?!

WHY ?!

3rd August 2007 01:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Gazza is a common nickname in the UK for anyone whose name begins with 'Ga'. Both my first and last names fit the bill and it was the first and most obvious nickname I could think of.

Brazen Head tonight ?!

www.BRAZENHEADPUB.com

3rd August 2007 01:19 PM
Jeep
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Jeep Appreciation thread got me to thinking. I got to wondering why he/she chose that one....what the inspiration was. Was it Popeye? Or the car???

Just answered in my 15 minutes of fame thread :
http://novogate.com/board/968/238127-1.html
3rd August 2007 01:22 PM
Lazy Bones ...it's backwards for "senobyzal"
3rd August 2007 01:33 PM
pdog The p is for my first name; paul. and the dog is a play on my last name.
It was a nickname I had as a kid ad couldn't think of anything else.
3rd August 2007 01:41 PM
LadyJane Lady Jane is one of my favorite Stones songs as it's very romantic and harkens back to days of Princes and Castles.

I'm a hopeless romantic, an English Literature nut and I always try to behave like a lady, until I lose my temper in a political thread.

Good thread.

LJ.

3rd August 2007 01:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Party Doll is one of my favorite Mick songs and the name sorta suits me.

You mean you're like Keith?
3rd August 2007 01:43 PM
Joey
quote:

LadyJane wrote:
I'm a hopeless romantic

I'm a hopeless drunk
3rd August 2007 01:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Brazen Head tonight ?!

www.BRAZENHEADPUB.com

From my casa to your casa

http://www.themerchanthotel.com/html/bars/clothear.html
3rd August 2007 01:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You mean you're like Keith?

Ha Ha Ha

In the literal meaning..not in the "hidden" meaning of the song, Wise Arse!!!!
3rd August 2007 01:48 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

3rd August 2007 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

From my casa to your casa

http://www.themerchanthotel.com/html/bars/clothear.html

" The Cloth Ear is The Merchant Hotel’s comfortable public bar. The warm and welcoming interior provides the ideal environment to relax and enjoy oneself in style. Combining both modern and traditional elements with a healthy dose of the eccentric! For example, the many unique items of vintage and antique clothing, the wooden moose and deer heads and the classic 1930’s – 1950’s sheet music that adorn the walls.

An all day menu featuring the very best of homemade “comfort” food, from Macaroni cheese with field mushrooms to garlic prawns on toasted soda bread, is available every day from 10.30am – 9pm Monday to Thursday and from 10.30am to 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Sunday Dining from Sunday 1.00 - 7.00pm

• Click here to view a sample menu

As well as an excellent selection of wines, spirits and non alcoholic drinks, The Cloth Ear features a superb range of speciality beers. Ranging from refreshing wheat beer - Hoegaarden to the exotic Bellevue Framboise, as well as a wide range of premium bottled and draught beers"

I am not to keen on " Macaroni Cheese with Shrooms "

The " Exotic Bellevue Framboise " sounds interesting though .........

3rd August 2007 05:51 PM
lotsajizz I'm copious.
3rd August 2007 05:53 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'm copious.

Hi Jizzy .............. !!!!!!
3rd August 2007 06:03 PM
fireontheplatter i went for a nice dinner one time with a gal and our entree came to the table on fire....i was like wtf?

some people think i got the lyrics wrong.

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)