ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Reading "FYG,WY?" in the telepromter
Stade Olympique de la Pontaise, Lausanne 11th August 2007
© mrhipfl, thanks a lot!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bucky are you cool in Minn. my brother? Bridge collapse. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
1st August 2007 07:52 PM
Riffhard A major bridge collapse in Minneapolis,Minn.

Good luck to all.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_st..._213191448.html

Riffy
1st August 2007 08:04 PM
nankerphelge Moonie??

Bucky??

Wow -- frightening!
1st August 2007 08:06 PM
robpop Moonie, Starbuck.

I hope all is ok with you and your families. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
1st August 2007 08:11 PM
Riffhard Oh damn right. I forgot that Moonie is a Minnisotan as well. Give us a word brothers. What a surreal scene it is to see that huge ass bridge collapsed like that. Word is that hundreds of cars were on the bridge when it fell.

Riffy
1st August 2007 08:12 PM
Fiji Joe No crap...be safe y'all...I think Bucky took me over that bridge a few weeks back...that sux...
1st August 2007 08:15 PM
LadyJane Phone home you guys!!
First two peeps who came to mind when I saw this horror.

LJ.
1st August 2007 08:21 PM
Fiji Joe Damn!...that is the bridge I drove across...God bless those people caught in the wreckage
1st August 2007 08:28 PM
pdog fuckin crazy...
1st August 2007 09:40 PM
Starbuck this could be the worst disaster to hit this city since the tornados that hit st paul's northern suburbs back in the early 80s...that bridge was the interstate running into minneapolis, and it was loaded with cars on the tail end of rush hour, so you do the math. i've been across it hundreds of times...then again, it could be a smaller number of fatalities, as large portions of the bridge stayed in tact when it hit the river.

thus far only three confirmed dead, but the number will rise, no doubt. there were a couple of semis, one a fuel truck, i believe, and a school bus with about 60 kids on it. amazingly enough, no one on the bus was hurt!

they've called off the twins game tonight and tomorrow, so we won't be able to continue our shellacking of the hapless royals. some of the victims were undoubtedly going down to the craptrodome, as the bridge was only a mile away or so.

hug your families! there is plenty of that going on around here tonight!
1st August 2007 09:42 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
they've called off the twins game tonight and tomorrow, so we won't be able to continue our shellacking of the hapless royals.

God smiled on your city...imagine the traffic on that bridge if a real team had been in town...alas..the game tonight has not been cancelled...2-2 in the 5th
1st August 2007 09:45 PM
Riffhard Well thank God you and yours are safe Bucky! Had us worried here. Any word from Moonie? Hope he and his family are safe as well. Thanks for checking in. I too have crossed tha bridge countless times as a kid. My grandfather lived in St. Paul and I spent quite a few summers up there back in the early 70's. My Mom was from St. Paul,and my Dad is from Minniapolis.

Riffy
1st August 2007 09:49 PM
sirmoonie Thanks. Me and mine are alive. Waiting to hear about friends, co-workers, as that was the only way north to the suburbs from downtown.

Like Starbuck, been over that bridge thousands of times for work and weekends out of town, including yesterday.

Terrible tragedy for the Cities.
1st August 2007 09:52 PM
SweetVirginia Thanks for checking in Moonie & Bucky.
So glad that you and yours are OK.

SV

1st August 2007 10:00 PM
Starbuck our george guy lives about a mile away from there and has not checked in...and we have a gig tomorrow night!

brady has built a stack of books in the living room, with diapers leading to and from the books to act as the road..."daddy! quick!" he is hollering from the other room. "the bridge is about to collapse!"
1st August 2007 10:00 PM
LadyJane Relief our friends are safe!
thanks for checking in.
Feeling sadness for your city.
Love you guys!

LJ.
1st August 2007 10:01 PM
pdog i'm glad you guys are okay...
1st August 2007 10:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for checking in Bucky and Moonie. So glad you both are OK!!
1st August 2007 10:26 PM
Starbuck moonie actually lives in a southeastern suburb in a 'hood that is as white as feej's ass...

i, however, have a ton of people of color in my area....a gaggle of the kids ride around and graffiti up the neighborhood from time to time...some of them lit off fireworks pointed towards all the houses in the neighborhood on the 4th, including a roman candle on my front goddamn doorstep...one of the missles landed in my windowsill and started a small fire...it's a tough neighborhood.
1st August 2007 11:28 PM
nankerphelge glad all is well with you two.
1st August 2007 11:30 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
moonie actually lives in a southeastern suburb in a 'hood that is as white as feej's ass...

i, however, have a ton of people of color in my area....a gaggle of the kids ride around and graffiti up the neighborhood from time to time...some of them lit off fireworks pointed towards all the houses in the neighborhood on the 4th, including a roman candle on my front goddamn doorstep...one of the missles landed in my windowsill and started a small fire...it's a tough neighborhood.

A young girl from Sf who drums in a band lost a finger on the 4th. Some asshole made a bomb using a whippet and M80's and threw itin a crowd at a park. Bunch of fucking assholes...
2nd August 2007 09:43 AM
Starbuck updates....

i just heard jim oberstar on the radio this morning. oberstar has reepresented MN's 8th district for years...outstate MN...he's the chair of the infrastructure/transportation committee. he said that there are some 575,000 bridges across the country similar to the bridge that collapsed here (age, size, traffic patterns, etc). of all of those bridges, 25% of them have been classified as structurally deficient.

the death toll is down to four, but that will rise as soon as the dive teams pull the bodies out of the cars that weren't lucky enough to land on top of the parts that stayed somewhat in tact when they landed in the water below. officially, about 20 people are still missing.

however, matt lauer is broadcasting live from the scene! somehow, that makes this all easier to swallow...
2nd August 2007 09:53 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Terrible tragedy for the Cities.

Too horrible for words .

My heart and prayers goes out to the victims , their families and the entire Twin Cities Area .

" So Much for the Brand New Baseball Stadium Ronnie --- The Official ' Groundbreaking Ceremony ' was scheduled for this evening !!! "

J.
2nd August 2007 09:54 AM
gimmekeef Glad you guys are okay...Hopefully others will be too....What a scary thought all those other bridges getting worn out.The northern winters really take a toll on concrete and steel cables....
2nd August 2007 10:01 AM
Factory Girl Dear Sirmoonie & Starbucky,

Glad to hear you and your families are ok, thanks for checking in.

awful tragedy...my prayers are with you and the rest of the folks.
2nd August 2007 10:17 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The northern winters really take a toll on concrete and steel cables....

What is really sad is that the United States of America can spend trillions and trillions of dollars over in Iraq whilst our own country's infrastructure deteriorates to the point of collapse .

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

" Time to get ' Domestic ' Ronnie ! "

J. " Paging Hillary ' Puss Puss ' Clinton " Fly !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
2nd August 2007 12:04 PM
GotToRollMe Glad to hear you guys are ok.
2nd August 2007 12:07 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

What is really sad is that the United States of America can spend trillions and trillions of dollars over in Iraq whilst our own country's infrastructure deteriorates to the point of collapse .

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

" Time to get ' Domestic ' Ronnie ! "

J. " Paging Hillary ' Puss Puss ' Clinton " Fly !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]

Don't be such a wussy, Joey. We a big country. We can do it all. We're not Belize.
2nd August 2007 12:12 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Don't be such a wussy, Joey. We a big country. We can do it all. We're not Belize.

well, we can't stop the commies from planting a flag 4000 feet under the north pole!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/01/wpole101.xml
2nd August 2007 12:16 PM
glencar They're not commies anymore; they're fascists!

BTW I'm glad you're safe. Shame about yer Twins though.
2nd August 2007 01:55 PM
Factory Girl [quote]glencar wrote:
They're not commies anymore; they're fascists!

??????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????

???? ????? ????? ????? ????? ?????

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)