ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame Votes.... Return to archive
8th August 2006 01:27 PM
RollingstonesUSA The Plain Dealer reports that KISS fans pounded the computer keyboards and the pavement this weekend to make the argument that their favorite band belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

While the KISS Army rallied Saturday outside the Rock Hall, KISS got the most votes in an online poll at www.cleveland.com. Readers were asked to vote on whether 20 artists are worthy of induction and to write in their own nominees.

Close behind KISS (175 votes) were GENESIS with 162 tallies and VAN HALEN at 147. (No distinction was made between GENESIS with Peter Gabriel and GENESIS with Phil Collins or the David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar versions of VAN HALEN.)

CHICAGO and the MOODY BLUES (each 138), YES (129), ALICE COOPER (128), ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA (116), NEIL DIAMOND (103) and THE CARS (95) rounded out the top 10.

German electronic pioneers KRAFTWERK were voted least worthy with only 18 votes.

Fans took the time to write in nominations for dozens of bands. Homeboys the RASPBERRIES led with 59 write-in votes, just ahead of RUSH with 57. Among the others getting at least one vote: CARLY SIMON, TED NUGENT, BARRY MANILOW, DOOBIE BROTHERS, HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS, TOTO, B-52S, MOTÖRHEAD, PHISH, THE SMITHS and ZZ TOP.

See the complete results at www.cleveland.com/rockhall.
8th August 2006 01:32 PM
glencar Wow, I'd have a tough time voting...just like this November!
8th August 2006 01:33 PM
RollingstonesUSA Alice needs to be in!
8th August 2006 01:35 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
and ZZ TOP.

I guess their fans forgot that they are already in or maybe their fans want another presenter this time.
8th August 2006 01:41 PM
doo doo doo Dude Van Halen (w/ Roth) should definitly be inducted. Sammy Hagar should not be invited as his stint in the band was horrendous.

And Kiss should not even be considered.
8th August 2006 01:41 PM
glencar KISS stinks.
8th August 2006 02:10 PM
Nellcote GC, the reality show last night with Gene Simmons & his smokin hot wife was Wicked Pissah. Shannon Tweed still brings it!
8th August 2006 02:19 PM
Maxlugar Alice Cooper, Genesis, Yes and Van Halen belong in the Hall.
8th August 2006 02:46 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Alice Cooper belongs in the Hall.

I love you....
8th August 2006 02:49 PM
RollingstonesUSA Should Ted Nugent be in....
8th August 2006 07:31 PM
Soldatti Can't stand Kiss, one of the worst bands ever.
8th August 2006 07:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
GC, the reality show last night with Gene Simmons & his smokin hot wife was Wicked Pissah. Shannon Tweed still brings it!

Nellie, you know that show's all about getting Nick Simmons's career going. I actually am starting to hate all these has-beens who are starring in these basic cable shows. And I'm a fan of some reality TV.
8th August 2006 07:52 PM
Nellcote These kids are a better lot than Ozzy's or Hulkster's any day. Spoiled, but smart. Mamma didn't raise no fools, from what I see to date. Good luck to 'em. But, the kid was mortified when Gene took him to the industry show in LA to show him around. That dog Simmons was intro'ing him to all these hot babes, the kid could not handle it. Funny shit...
On another front, PMSNBC is already writing Jomentum's obit right now....
8th August 2006 07:56 PM
glencar For real? The polls haven't actually closed yet, ahve they? My sister lives up there but she's not a Dem.
8th August 2006 07:57 PM
Nellcote 3 minutes.
Ghost of Al Gore strikes again
8th August 2006 08:03 PM
glencar Nothing on the news yet...
8th August 2006 08:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
3 minutes.
Ghost of Al Gore strikes again

I must say that this whole Lieberman sitch is very strange. He is a good man who deserves better than the voters in Connecticut are giving him. He has a solid Dem voting record and yet the "hate Bush" crowd is alive and well in that state. In a way I am happy to see what is happening up there. Make no mistake that if Joe Lieberman looses his seat that will spell the beggining of the end of the Democrat Party as we have known it.

This whole affair only confirms the notion that the Dems have been taken over by the looney far left. That this gang of mental midgits might derail the entire Dem Party from any chance of National contention in 2008 is fun to watch! How is Hillary going to pretend to be a centrist now?

Riffy
8th August 2006 08:16 PM
glencar She will have to mooooove way left to help herself.
8th August 2006 08:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
She will have to mooooove way left to help herself.

And therein lies the rub. She will have to move to the left which will kill any chance of winning any Red states. The Dems,in there insane unhinged hatered of Bush,are killing their chances of appealing to anyone other than their crazy fringe base.

I don't feel a damned bit sorry for them either. They have offered up no ideas other than Bush is bad. This primary in Conetticut is a perfect example of that. I have never seen anything like it. This guy Lamont has run on nothing but his hatered of Bush. He is about to win the primary!! Insane! The Dems are too stupid to see what is happening to their party. Or else they have no way of stopping the insane morons that are killing their party.

Riffy
8th August 2006 08:36 PM
glencar I must confess I have more motionally invested in seeing hot Janelle save herself from Big Brother All-Stars eviction than in Joementum saving himself. He's just another pol. Interesting story though.
8th August 2006 08:44 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, I'd have a tough time voting...just like this November!

The primaries are more fun for me!
8th August 2006 08:45 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Can't stand Kiss, one of the worst bands ever.

I feel the same way...
9th August 2006 05:28 PM
MrPleasant That Hall is shit.
9th August 2006 05:35 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
That Hall is shit.

Mr Pitifull! you have the words...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)