ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thanks Euro fans Return to archive
8th August 2006 01:24 PM
jb Although the sales were not as strong as in the past, by and large, the Euro audiences managed to fill up or come close thereto at most venues. The crowds have averaged over 50k, and thus, far better attendance than the current NA stadium sales.
8th August 2006 01:38 PM
glencar Remember the Euro sales generally started slowly & over here, Boise & some place in Canada sold out very quickly!
8th August 2006 01:39 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Remember the Euro sales generally started slowly & over here, Boise & some place in Canada sold out very quickly!

Has AC gone on sale? I am in for that one.
8th August 2006 01:41 PM
glencar Not yet. I don't think I wanna botehr. It's Beacon or bust. Oh, and Chicago & Beantown for me.
8th August 2006 01:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Although the sales were not as strong as in the past, by and large, the Euro audiences managed to fill up or come close thereto at most venues. The crowds have averaged over 50k, and thus, far better attendance than the current NA stadium sales.

The real thanks goes to young Jacob for papering! and to the fall mini tour for allowing dreadful selling/potentially dangerous shows (except for Sweeden!) to be cancelled.
8th August 2006 01:43 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not yet. I don't think I wanna botehr. It's Beacon or bust. Oh, and Chicago & Beantown for me.

I will probably do Boston and skip Chicago....then AC, Louisville, maybe Austin, and maybe Vegas.(Beacon of course).
8th August 2006 01:43 PM
glencar Project Runway is a pretty gay show!
8th August 2006 01:44 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I will probably do Boston and skip Chicago....then AC, Louisville, maybe Austin, and maybe Vegas.(Beacon of course).

You have my cell #. I will just drive up to Boston & back on the same night. I'm not in the mood to party unless we have a few people there.
8th August 2006 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
You have my cell #. I will just drive up to Boston & back on the same night. I'm not in the mood to party unless we have a few people there.

Agreed..,plus I will have family and must behave.
8th August 2006 01:59 PM
throbby I'm looking forward to the Boston show. I'm sort of like Saint Sway. Currently I'm a little put off by certain aspects of the Fall tour, but once I get there I'm sure I'll be like a little kid all crazed and excited. I'll never lose that feeling when seeing the Stones live. Unless, of course, too much wine. Must be careful, no fun watching them play with a nasty headache.

This time I hear Nellcote will be entertaining the faithful..
8th August 2006 02:07 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I'm looking forward to the Boston show. I'm sort of like Saint Sway. Currently I'm a little put off by certain aspects of the Fall tour, but once I get there I'm sure I'll be like a little kid all crazed and excited. I'll never lose that feeling when seeing the Stones live. Unless, of course, too much wine. Must be careful, no fun watching them play with a nasty headache.

This time I hear Nellcote will be entertaining the faithful..

True Throbby...I have secured a 2k room at the 4 Seasons and trust I will be on the same level as Blondie/Bernard/Lisa. I look forward to many single malt scotch shots at the Bristol and then being whisked away by towncar to Foxboro, with a quick wave to all the great people in the parking lot.
8th August 2006 02:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

True Throbby...I have secured a 2k room at the 4 Seasons and trust I will be on the same level as Blondie/Bernard/Lisa. I look forward to many single malt scotch shots at the Bristol and then being whisked away by towncar to Foxboro, with a quick wave to all the great people in the parking lot.

GREAT POSTING, YOUR REWARD:

8th August 2006 02:14 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

GREAT POSTING, YOUR REWARD:

Thank you...17-0......perfection
8th August 2006 02:16 PM
throbby Did I ever tell you the time I overheard Lisa rehearsing the "Love Train" chorus through the wall in my hotel room?

It was at the Philadelphia Four Seasons during the Licks tour. The day of the arena show.

Somehow I ended up on the same floor as her and Ronald Wood.

She had the "do not disturb" card taped to her door. I think she was coming down with something since she missed the club show that Sunday.

I'm thinking that "2K" will place you above the Stones floors this time around.
8th August 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Did I ever tell you the time I overheard Lisa rehearsing the "Love Train" chorus through the wall in my hotel room?

It was at the Philadelphia Four Seasons during the Licks tour. The day of the arena show.

Somehow I ended up on the same floor as her and Ronald Wood.

She had the "do not disturb" card taped to her door. I think she was coming down with something since she missed the club show that Sunday.

I'm thinking that "2K" will place you above the Stones floors this time around.

Great story...as you know I bumped into Mick at the Four Seasons this tour, as well as Woody. Lisa was also on my floor, and had the same do not disturb sign on. The opener was great as so many of their family and friends were at the hotel...a great time indeed.
8th August 2006 02:26 PM
throbby I "bumped" into Sir Micheal at the MTV show "Live At The Ten Spot" in '97. I prefer the animated "onstage" persona. He was in a rather dour mood as he lingered by the satellite trailer. Thankfully Bobby Keys was in a better mood.
8th August 2006 02:28 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I "bumped" into Sir Micheal at the MTV show "Live At The Ten Spot" in '97. I prefer the animated "onstage" persona. He was in a rather dour mood as he lingered by the satellite trailer. Thankfully Bobby Keys was in a better mood.

Yep..it's alwasy a bit disappointing seeing your heroes in a less than favorable light. Ronnie was all smiles, but Mick rushed back into his room with a watchful security guy giving me the stare down.
8th August 2006 02:37 PM
throbby It's tough being a male groupie, I mean fan. In Hershey Keith gave me a wink and one of his lecherous tongue curls at the B stage. He and Ronnie had a good laugh about it.
8th August 2006 02:50 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
It's tough being a male groupie, I mean fan. In Hershey Keith gave me a wink and one of his lecherous tongue curls at the B stage. He and Ronnie had a good laugh about it.

Joey claimed Keith frowned at him in Omaha!!!!! He really did!!!
8th August 2006 02:54 PM
glencar Keith gave me a wicked smile at a B-stage somewhere. Mick always looks like he's looking over/through the crwod like he just can't focus on any indivual person.
8th August 2006 02:56 PM
throbby Was he taking his picture from the front row?

8th August 2006 03:00 PM
throbby glencar wrote:
Mick always looks like he's looking over/through the crwod like he just can't focus on any indivual person.

I think Mick scopes the girls. Likes to see what he's still pulling.
8th August 2006 03:01 PM
glencar I saw the Aerosmith guy doing that. Hot blondes everywhere. No wonder his wife left him!
8th August 2006 03:02 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
glencar wrote:
Mick always looks like he's looking over/through the crwod like he just can't focus on any indivual person.

I think Mick scopes the girls. Likes to see what he's still pulling.

What does Mick think of the 60 yr old grannies screaming at him?
8th August 2006 03:05 PM
throbby I think Mick is most likely in denial about that. I know I am.

One of those bleached blonde "grannies" tried to pick me up by the Albany B stage.
8th August 2006 03:07 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I think Mick is most likely in denial about that. I know I am.

One of those bleached blonde "grannies" tried to pick me up by the Albany B stage.

It's lonely at the top!
8th August 2006 03:07 PM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
I think Mick is most likely in denial about that. I know I am.

Does she post on Shidobeeee?
8th August 2006 03:10 PM
throbby She looked about sixty, sixty five maybe. Hungry like wolf.
8th August 2006 03:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:
It's tough being a male groupie, I mean fan. In Hershey Keith gave me a wink and one of his lecherous tongue curls at the B stage. He and Ronnie had a good laugh about it.

LOL! I never really thought about it like that. Well, at least Keith has a sense of humor about it...but then, he has a sense of humor about most everything, bless his soul.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)