ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone lost that "tingly" feeling? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th August 2006 03:50 PM
glencar Lamont is kind of a johnny-one-note. This could hurt teh Dems more than they realize.
8th August 2006 03:57 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lamont is kind of a johnny-one-note. This could hurt teh Dems more than they realize.

Agreed,,we are a pathetic party with no ideas whereas the republicans are a pathetic party with scary ideas.
8th August 2006 03:57 PM
Nellcote JB, all of these threads about poor sales, etc. Oye Vey, enough!
You are in danger of not being greeted!
8th August 2006 03:58 PM
Nellcote Lieberman misjudged his hot factor in his home state badly.
Call it the Al Gore syndrome, he who lost his home state in '00.
Al has the gift which keeps on giving.
8th August 2006 04:00 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, all of these threads about poor sales, etc. Oye Vey, enough!
You are in danger of not being greeted!

I'm concerned!!!!
8th August 2006 04:03 PM
Nellcote You should be advising Nick Saban, which is more of a concern. 'Phins are in for a another non playoff year.
8th August 2006 04:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm concerned!!!!

why???? Who cares how many tix they sell??

you should be more concerned with why they sound like a cheap cover band on songs like SMU, BS and IORR.

F! Ticket sales! All I wanna know is where's that raunchy Stones guitar sound??????
8th August 2006 04:08 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You should be advising Nick Saban, which is more of a concern. 'Phins are in for a another non playoff year.

Yes I think so too....watch out for Chiefs this year....Ty Law and defence may finally keep up with the offence....The AFC will be a huge dogfight with many great teams....oh and the Bills too!
8th August 2006 04:13 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You should be advising Nick Saban, which is more of a concern. 'Phins are in for a another non playoff year.

Ticket sales are what excites me...we are not doing well now and Boston can be in jeopardy.
8th August 2006 04:16 PM
Nellcote "Yes I think so too....watch out for Chiefs this year....Ty Law and defence may finally keep up with the offence....The AFC will be a huge dogfight with many great teams....oh and the Bills too!"

We could go 5-1 in division play this year!
As long as Brady is playing, bet the house.

8th August 2006 04:18 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
"Yes I think so too....watch out for Chiefs this year....Ty Law and defence may finally keep up with the offence....The AFC will be a huge dogfight with many great teams....oh and the Bills too!"

We could go 5-1 in division play this year!
As long as Brady is playing, bet the house.

Brady. like Aikman, works well w/in the system, but iun no way is a true QB like Marino, Farve, Elway...the guy is a slightly better Trent Dilford with better hair.
8th August 2006 04:28 PM
Nellcote Best 2 minute QB you have ever seen.
Go find Super Bowl 36 with 1.24 left, who
brings the ball to the goalpost better.
That tub of lard Madden said Pats should have kicked,
what a loaf!
8th August 2006 04:30 PM
TampabayStone I am looking for the Bucs to do some real nice things this year. Our schedule is very tough, but I think we can still make the playoffs--then look out.
8th August 2006 05:56 PM
IrelandCalling4 Good and valid points by all,and,I can certainly see why some may have been losing just a wee bit of that tingly feeling.

But -- some of us,as diehard fans as anyone here on this board -- haven't had the luxury of seeing the band multiple times,and,for me anyway,the thought of seeing THE rolling stones in 2 weeks time is absolutely thrilling!! I saw them twice on the Voodoo Tour,twice on the Babylon tour,and three glorious times on the LICKS tour,so,I am very thirsty to be in attendance,to be in the same stadium as the Rolling stones one more time* (Well,three more times actually^ London twice & Glasgow)

I think a very fair point would be that seeing ANY band multiple times will lead to overkill,and a certain ammount of that jaded "Seen it all before" feeling. For those of us who only have the oppurtunity to see the band once or twice every few years though,the anticipation for a stones gig is the the best feeling in town!

Even 'Streets of Love' -- I'm actually looking forward to hearing it Live^ There have been many and varied comments on the stagnation of the set-list,but,the fact remains that the vast majority of the people at most gigs are one-timers. People who will only see that one show,unlike the big fans who'd travel to see a few shows,or that precious section of the fanbase who'd attend,or try and attend,a whole gosh-darnit leg of the tour^! The majority though will see only one stones show this tour,casual fans,and with the exorbitant prices,I'm not surprised. I'll be seeing just three shows,and,with the set-lists as they are recently,am stoked and excited to just be able to see the band,and of the 20 songs they'll probably play,only one or two don't fill me with the passion that the other 18 do!

So,roll on Twickers and Glasgow,the tingles are still here!!
8th August 2006 07:50 PM
glencar Nice post, my friend! I will be at the 2nd London show & the first if I can get 3 tix. Too bad Dublin fell through.
8th August 2006 08:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I was sitting at a local watering hole this week and I thought about Chicago and every hair on my body stood up.

Nope -- haven't lost the tingles yet.

Not sure if I ever will...

i'm so excited i just can't hide it
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)