ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone lost that "tingly" feeling? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th August 2006 01:33 PM
jb I now many here feel the same as I do, but do not want to state it....I understand as it hurts to see the thing you love so much be viewed, by and large, as totally irrelevaznt . They don't even make most people's top 10 bands of all time and are not even in the same league anymore as U2. This is pure hell, but they did it themselves by wasting the 80's and never really getting back on course ever since....the output the last 20 yrs has been nothing short of freshly laid manure.
As one posted opined, do you think when they wrote Exile they even dreamed of recording songs like "How can I stop"???LOL!!!
[Edited by jb]
8th August 2006 01:35 PM
glencar Any thinking person who doesn't place the Stones in a Top Ten Bands of All Time list should be forced to live in some 3rd world hellhole...like Bolivia!
8th August 2006 01:36 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Any thinking person who doesn't place the Stones in a Top Ten Bands of All Time list should be forced to live in some 3rd world hellhole...like Bolivia!

Agreed...they should be #1 on every poll, but tragically, often times they don't even show. Why Glencar, why?>
8th August 2006 01:37 PM
glencar People don't know their history like they used to. Someone posted a SPIN poll that was so bad it was outrageous.
8th August 2006 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
People don't know their history like they used to. Someone posted a SPIN poll that was so bad it was outrageous.

Kids, by and large, are stupid today. We were much smarter growing up woth rock and roll..we are better than todays loser kids.
8th August 2006 01:40 PM
glencar I think kids are smarter today than back "in the day" but they just don't ahve the music we had. It hurts to think howe warped their personalities will be because of this. Joshy, you MUST come to Chicago.
8th August 2006 01:43 PM
Saint Sway kids cant afford $500 tickets. Teenagers & College students have been priced out of Stones tix for over a decade now. They've priced them out of the market. Kids arent going to follow or bother to get into a band that costs over $100 to see. Hence, they're just a greedy nostalgia act in their eyes.
8th August 2006 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think kids are smarter today than back "in the day" but they just don't ahve the music we had. It hurts to think howe warped their personalities will be because of this. Joshy, you MUST come to Chicago.

We fought the good fight, and sacrificed for their future, and the thanks we receive is U2 being the #1 band with James Blunt closely behind.............a lost generation.
8th August 2006 01:47 PM
glencar Less than half the answer. The Stones aren't on the radio. They don't penetrate the public consciousness. People spend fortunes for tix to hip hop losers. They'd spend $60 on a stadium ticket if they knew who the Stones were.
8th August 2006 01:47 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

We fought the good fight, and sacrificed for their future, and the thanks we receive is U2 being the #1 band with James Blunt closely behind.............a lost generation.

Maybe our Dads thought that about Sinatra?
8th August 2006 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe our Dads thought that about Sinatra?

My dad liked Benny Goodman and "swing" music. He died at 42....
8th August 2006 02:34 PM
CraigP I still got it. My almost 18-yr-old g/f got me tix to Gillette. ONLY beacuse of the $62 Ticket price. So all you old fuckers, including Jagger (see:Kanye West) who say/think that kids don't like the Stones...piss somewhere else. I think that there are more under 20's who like the Stones than the now-25-30 yr-olds. Too bad we need a dad with a wallet and a good taste in music to be able to get a ticket. I think that the there will be a drastic lowering in ticket prices if they do want to continue.

The "tingly" feeling, which is actually a natural high, is still running thru my body here and the sometimes. I'll always get that from the Stones.

The feeling is being a bit stifled, tho, by this consensus of RO'ers (maybe a fact, still) that the Foxboro(Gillette) Stadium will be half full. I don't care if my neighbor doesn't like them , but the actual concert location!?
And being a Bostonian, I know there are (most likely) more fans in this part of the State than in the rest of America.
Yeah, yeah, we all know, it's the ticket prices and shitty album ABB.

I've seen the Stones 6 times but never in a football(American) Stadium, only Fenway Park baseball field.
8th August 2006 02:36 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

That was taking care of yesterday with some fine photos posted here.

Here's some tingle, JB. I added the tattoo for your viewing
pleasure.

8th August 2006 02:54 PM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Here's some tingle, JB. I added the tattoo for your viewing
pleasure.

Eva , unlike the Stones, alwasy makes me tingle....great things come in small packages...she is a hot, smart, and seemingly cool lady.
8th August 2006 02:55 PM
glencar Oh was that Eva? I didn't catch the face...
8th August 2006 02:59 PM
jb
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I still got it. My almost 18-yr-old g/f got me tix to Gillette. ONLY beacuse of the $62 Ticket price. So all you old fuckers, including Jagger (see:Kanye West) who say/think that kids don't like the Stones...piss somewhere else. I think that there are more under 20's who like the Stones than the now-25-30 yr-olds. Too bad we need a dad with a wallet and a good taste in music to be able to get a ticket. I think that the there will be a drastic lowering in ticket prices if they do want to continue.

The "tingly" feeling, which is actually a natural high, is still running thru my body here and the sometimes. I'll always get that from the Stones.

The feeling is being a bit stifled, tho, by this consensus of RO'ers (maybe a fact, still) that the Foxboro(Gillette) Stadium will be half full. I don't care if my neighbor doesn't like them , but the actual concert location!?
And being a Bostonian, I know there are (most likely) more fans in this part of the State than in the rest of America.
Yeah, yeah, we all know, it's the ticket prices and shitty album ABB.

I've seen the Stones 6 times but never in a football(American) Stadium, only Fenway Park baseball field.

Absent major papering, Boston and the Stones will be humiliated by this slow selling opener.....it is alwasy one of the worst experiences to see your favorite band playing to empty chairs.....but this will happen in many venues absent major papering....I know I do not stand alone in saying that it is a total downer being at a veneu wide open...I know I will not go to such shows as they feel shallow and the band cans them in..
8th August 2006 03:17 PM
glencar Still, isn't there a lil tingle Joshy?
8th August 2006 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Still, isn't there a lil tingle Joshy?

I'm not feeling it right now....it's been a great run, and we did it right this past tour, but absent some changes, what is really to look forward to-another embarassing RW solo, Keith's "it;s good to be here", Charlie's total boredom/ disdain for everybody, and Mick's purple silk shirts????
8th August 2006 03:24 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
jb wrote:
what is really to look forward to-another embarassing RW solo, Keith's "it;s good to be here", Charlie's total boredom/ disdain for everybody, and Mick's purple silk shirts????

Wow, I just realized how utterly predictable They actually are.
8th August 2006 03:26 PM
jb
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

Wow, I just realized how utterly predictable They actually are.

Sad, but true.....it's time for the band to decide if they want to be the Beachboys or the once mighty Rolling Stones..
8th August 2006 03:29 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
jb wrote:

Sad, but true.....it's time for the band to decide if they want to be the Beachboys or the once mighty Rolling Stones..

Well they better make up their minds quickly, before they lose too many fans.
8th August 2006 03:32 PM
glencar Ti-i-i-ime is on my side....
8th August 2006 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ti-i-i-ime is on my side....

I am not impressed with many of todays young scarlettes...I enjoy many of the beautiful latinas on Telemundo!!!
8th August 2006 03:35 PM
glencar I never watch that channel. I have a hard time with ancient languages.
8th August 2006 03:36 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I never watch that channel. I have a hard time with ancient languages.

Hottest babes on TV.........
8th August 2006 03:36 PM
glencar I got to check it out!
8th August 2006 03:38 PM
glencar I don't get it. I get Univision & Galavision. Not so hot.
8th August 2006 03:39 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I got to check it out!

Go Joe!!!!
8th August 2006 03:43 PM
glencar Joementum's run its course. 18 yrs is long enough.
8th August 2006 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joementum's run its course. 18 yrs is long enough.

He was a great Senator who is being defeated by the extreme left in my party. Anti-War freaks like Cindy Shehan(also very anti-Israel). I am ashamed to be a democrat at times.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)