ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone lost that "tingly" feeling? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th August 2006 10:35 AM
jb At this point, I just don't feel all that excited about the upcomming "min-tour". I would have preferred that they had taken some time off, released something more prolific than ABB, and then embark on what some have mentioned, extended stays in a few major venues. I am in no way trying to diminish those who are still bursting with anticipation, but it's been a long time since my heart was racing, anxiously awaiting a new release or even the rush we all feel as the lights dim and they hit the stage. I think it's a case of seeing them so many times, the fact ABB was a huge disappointment, as well as the venues they have chosen this time around.
I imagine come Sept 20th, I'll be a little more "pumped" sitting up front at Gillette(assuming sales pick up and I attend), but for now, this is the first time I really could not attend a show a be alright with my decision.
[Edited by jb]
8th August 2006 10:41 AM
telecaster jb I was hoping this thread was about Eva Longoria
8th August 2006 10:43 AM
GotToRollMe No!
8th August 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
jb I was hoping this thread was about Eva Longoria

That was taking care of yesterday with some fine photos posted here.
8th August 2006 10:48 AM
Nellcote No, no, a thousand times no.
Stop this whining, get on with life.
We should be so lucky they are still performing.
Besides, when you come to Gillette you can witness
where Champions are made, not dreamt of.
8th August 2006 10:49 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
No, no, a thousand times no.

I am concerned about the "Big Dig" and my drive from Boylston to Foxboro.
8th August 2006 11:01 AM
Nellcote Your drive on that route does not travel via the Big Dig.
You will take Mass Pike to 95 to Rt 1
Have no fear, Mitt is here.
He will save us all!
8th August 2006 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Your drive on that route does not travel via the Big Dig.
You will take Mass Pike to 95 to Rt 1
Have no fear, Mitt is here.
He will save us all!

Good to know.....I am waiting till it fills up a bit, then will make my move for front row, at hopefully only $1500 a tciket.
8th August 2006 11:11 AM
pdog I'm going back and forth between somewhat excited and cautious.
8th August 2006 11:11 AM
polytoxic I hear ya.
8th August 2006 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm going back and forth between somewhat excited and cautious.

I am about as excited as a eunuch in a whorehouse..........
8th August 2006 11:18 AM
pdog At this point looks like I'm staying out west. LA and Seatlle shows both are easy for me to get to, and hotels are very nice.
I can't travel east to see a Stadium gig.
8th August 2006 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
At this point looks like I'm staying out west. LA and Seatlle shows both are easy for me to get to, and hotels are very nice.
I can't travel east to see a Stadium gig.

You shall be missed....I am considering Vegas, but may skip entire tour unless venues fill up and set-lists really show some creativity. The idea of sitting through another version of "NightTime" offends me, as well as the horrific concept of being at a rock concert and hearing the Stones play SOL...just not my thing.
8th August 2006 11:22 AM
Steel Wheels I am still eagerly awaiting the Atlantic City show, their performance, and future records and gigs.
8th August 2006 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I am still eagerly awaiting the Atlantic City show, their performance, and future records and gigs.

That seems to be the most intriging show b/c of venue size.
8th August 2006 11:28 AM
Maxlugar Presently, the right side feels "Tingly", I feel nothing on the left side however. Keep going. Work it in some more and lets see...yeah like that...mmmmmm...

8th August 2006 11:30 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

You shall be missed....I am considering Vegas, but may skip entire tour unless venues fill up and set-lists really show some creativity. The idea of sitting through another version of "NightTime" offends me, as well as the horrific concept of being at a rock concert and hearing the Stones play SOL...just not my thing.

It just sucks Chicago fell on a family holiday. I will celebrate your birthday in style with my Mouseketeer friends.
Boston is a maybe at this point. I can use miles to fly and jump on a fan asylum, or just grab a ticket last minute. I'm not worried about a hotel. The stadium gig, and seeing the same show I just saw last year hold little appeal. If they had done something announced something to make this different, I would be all over this shit!
I just read on Keno's that the two Beacon shows are maybes, they want to film video there.
8th August 2006 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

It just sucks Chicago fell on a family holiday. I will celebrate your birthday in style with my Mouseketeer friends.
Boston is a maybe at this point. I can use miles to fly and jump on a fan asylum, or just grab a ticket last minute. I'm not worried about a hotel. The stadium gig, and seeing the same show I just saw last year hold little appeal. If they had done something announced something to make this different, I would be all over this shit!
I just read on Keno's that the two Beacon shows are maybes, they want to film video there.

Beacon I do as that is a unique experience....I doubr it will happen unless Giants sells out....I will probably skip Chicago(even though I am booked) as it appears to be a remakably poor seller at this time. I like Pug and the rest of the gang, but I am not going to ruin my birthday in a 1/2-3/4 filled stadium in Chicago of all places.
8th August 2006 11:36 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Beacon I do as that is a unique experience....I doubr it will happen unless Giants sells out....I will probably skip Chicago(even though I am booked) as it appears to be a remakably poor seller at this time. I like Pug and the rest of the gang, but I am not going to ruin my birthday in a 1/2-3/4 filled stadium in Chicago of all places.

I know what you mean... Seriously, I KNOW!
I just wish I was going to be there!
8th August 2006 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

I know what you mean... Seriously, I KNOW!
I just wish I was going to be there!

Don't feel bad, I'm sure they can call you at the pre-party summitt or at the executive office space. Is the great Maxlugar going to Chicago?
8th August 2006 11:42 AM
LadyJane As you might expect, I have not lost the "tingle".

I really didn't think I'd get another chance to see MY band.

To be planning on seeing the Stones again, with all my great friends in Chicago......sweet!!!

One of these days it's gonna be all over. Think about that.

LJ.
8th August 2006 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
As you might expect, I have not lost the "tingle".

I really didn't think I'd get another chance to see MY band.

To be planning on seeing the Stones again, with all my great friends in Chicago......sweet!!!

One of these days it's gonna be all over. Think about that.

LJ.

It's been over for quite some time.....they are my band as well, but I can no longer pretend to be excited over a product so far removed from what I grew up with, that only their name remains the same.
[Edited by jb]
8th August 2006 11:47 AM
Dan I lost that feeling years ago.
8th August 2006 11:48 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
I lost that feeling years ago.

I understand ..I am not as diverse as you seem to be in musical tastes, and I remain a ardent supporter against any "outside " attacks, but it would be disingenuous to say that I have the same feeling I did for them even up till 97....
[Edited by jb]
8th August 2006 11:52 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
At this point, I just don't feel all that excited about the upcomming "min-tour". I would have preferred that they had taken some time off, released something more prolific than ABB, and then embark on what some have mentioned, extended stays in a few major venues. I am in no way trying to diminish those who are still bursting with anticipation, but it's been a long time since my heart was racing, anxiously awaiting a new release or even the rush we all feel as the lights dim and they hit the stage. I think it's a case of seeing them so many times, the fact ABB was a huge disappointment, as well as the venues they have chosen this time around.
I imagine come Sept 20th, I'll be a little more "pumped" sitting up front at Gillette(assuming sales pick up and I attend), but for now, this is the first time I really could not attend a show a be alright with my decision.
[Edited by jb]

every once in awhile my carpal tunnel acts up and i do get that "tingly" feeling... trouble as my entire arm from neck to finger tipp will be dead numb.
8th August 2006 11:53 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
No, no, a thousand times no.

the last part is blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th August 2006 11:54 AM
Saint Sway as much as I am disheartened by the current state of the band/shows, I still get child-like excited when I'm in the venue and they're about to come on. And always fully enjoy the shows.

I've just spent so much $$$$$$ on this band in the last few years and seen so much of the same stuff over and over that I just cant see the point in going again unless its something unique - like a very special venue where they *might* slip in some different tunes
8th August 2006 11:58 AM
glencar Joshy, please check your use of "prolific" in the first post. And no, I'm not as tingly as I was in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005. They ahve played a lot & I've seen them an awful lot. But I love ABB & I look forward to hearing Streets Of Love 2 weeks & 4 hours from now. The countdown begins!
8th August 2006 12:14 PM
Some Guy For jb-

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
And there's no tenderness like before in your finger tips
You're trying hard not to show it (baby)
But baby, baby I know it
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
Oh that Lovin' Feeling
Now it's gone gone gone oh oh oh

There's no welcome look in your eyes when I reach for you
And girl you're starting to criticize little things I do
Ooh, it makes me just feel like crying (baby)
'Cause baby something beautiful's dying
Oh that Lovin' Feeling
Not it's gone gone gone oh oh oh

Baby baby I get down on my knees for you
(Get down on my knees)
If you would only love me like you used to
(If you would only love me love me)
We had a love, a love that you don't find everyday
(A love you don't find)
So don't don't don't let it slip away (away)
I said baby
Baby
Baby
Baby
(I'm beggin you please) I'm begging you please
I need your love (I need your love)
I need your love
So bring it on back (bring it on back)
Now bring it on back
Now bring it on back

You've got to bring back that lovin' feeling
Oh that lovin' feeling
Bring back that lovin' feeling 'cause it's gone gone gone
And I can't go on oh oh oh

Bring back that lovin' feeling
Oh that lovin' feeling
Oh that lovin' feeling
Oh that lovin' feeling
8th August 2006 12:56 PM
nankerphelge I was sitting at a local watering hole this week and I thought about Chicago and every hair on my body stood up.

Nope -- haven't lost the tingles yet.

Not sure if I ever will...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)