ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: they're going to retire after this tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th August 2006 03:00 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

Never even listned to it other than the songs in concert....a waste of time...(I also do not own an ipod-not into those things).

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Let Me Down Real Slow or Dangerous Beauty
7th August 2006 03:02 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Let Me Down Real Slow or Dangerous Beauty

What happened was that I heard the so called best songs like ONNYA, RJ, and decided this was not very good for an album 8 yrs in the making. I was disappointed, but not surprised...did you expect something better?
7th August 2006 03:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

What happened was that I heard the so called best songs like ONNYA, RJ, and decided this was not very good for an album 8 yrs in the making. I was disappointed, but not surprised...did you expect something better?

I see what you mean. But personally I think aspects of it are ok. They realistically just recorded it so as to avoid touring without any record behind it as promo.
7th August 2006 03:09 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I see what you mean. But personally I think aspects of it are ok. They realistically just recorded it so as to avoid touring without any record behind it as promo.

Agreed...I think SS was 100% correct...if some of this other older acts can come out with great new stuff, why nit the greatest band of all time?
7th August 2006 03:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed...I think SS was 100% correct...if some of this other older acts can come out with great new stuff, why nit the greatest band of all time?

I think that it is the fact that the Stones' creative content was compressed into a short period of time; there's only so much great music a band can produce, if you see what I mean.
7th August 2006 03:12 PM
Nellcote All of this dissapointment talk will not mean a touchdown at Joe Robbie when they are gone.
All of you will be Jonesin for anything Stones related.
Face it, you like 'em or you don't, there's no grey.
I've got ABB on right now at the Fantasy Fufillment Palace, it gets the Wicked Pissah on my side.
JB, ready to see those Champion banners fly on 09/20?
7th August 2006 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
All of this dissapointment talk will not mean a touchdown at Joe Robbie when they are gone.
All of you will be Jonesin for anything Stones related.
Face it, you like 'em or you don't, there's no grey.
I've got ABB on right now at the Fantasy Fufillment Palace, it gets the Wicked Pissah on my side.
JB, ready to see those Champion banners fly on 09/20?

What the hell is with the horrendous sales Nellcote? I have never seen it this open in every price range this late ???? Sorry about Sox folding, but Yankees are true champions.
[Edited by jb]
7th August 2006 03:21 PM
Nellcote It's summa in the city.
Local radio has not hit it yet, fans will turn out.
Yanks have as much chance as winning as 'Phins.
We stunk in Tampa all year, 4-9 record there.
Who would you want Schilling or Johnson?
Ortiz or Payrod?
Manny or Abreu?
That's right, I knew your answer.
Remember head to head with Yanks we are 5-5.
Have no fear, Ortiz is here!
Bob Kraft is warming his helipad for you @ Gillette!
7th August 2006 03:29 PM
jb Are you predicting a sell-out? I have a very expensive room(2k) and will cancel if you think it will remain wide open....I understand the market is saturated, but do they stand a chance of getting 50k?
[Edited by jb]
7th August 2006 03:33 PM
Nellcote Is there a reason they have started their
tours in Bahston so many times?
Who would not want to come here?
7th August 2006 03:35 PM
RollingstonesUSA Next album needs to be ala "Tattoo You" with some songs already recorded....
7th August 2006 03:38 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Is there a reason they have started their
tours in Bahston so many times?
Who would not want to come here?

True, but they may have gone to the well too often based on initial sales reports...I trust they can unload 10-15k with the corporations to fill it in ...
7th August 2006 03:53 PM
pdog I'm retiring from Stones tours!

7th August 2006 04:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Next album needs to be ala "Tattoo You" with some songs already recorded....

get real!
7th August 2006 04:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm retiring from Stones tours!

Me too!
7th August 2006 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Me too!

You are the sexiest "retiree" on the board...enjoy your retirement...
7th August 2006 04:23 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

You are the sexiest "retiree" on the board...enjoy your retirement...

you haven't seen me yet

are u going to Wembley?
7th August 2006 04:26 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

you haven't seen me yet

are u going to Wembley?

Sadly no.....we are going to Europe next summer. I have met Gazza, and you have some pretty stiff competition. have a great time at the show(s).
7th August 2006 04:27 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly no.....we are going to Europe next summer. I have met Gazza, and you have some pretty stiff competition. have a great time at the show(s).

thanks, are there going to be shows next summer for definite then?
7th August 2006 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

thanks, are there going to be shows next summer for definite then?

No...we are just vacationing in Europe next summer....I am unaware of any Stones shows, but that would be great.
7th August 2006 04:30 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

No...we are just vacationing in Europe next summer....I am unaware of any Stones shows, but that would be great.

well, enjoy the vacation. I would advise Seville in Spain as a must visit, some great architecture and great nightlife; there is a cool sangria/flamenco bar called Carboneria. But depends what you're after I guess.
7th August 2006 04:37 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

well, enjoy the vacation. I would advise Seville in Spain as a must visit, some great architecture and great nightlife; there is a cool sangria/flamenco bar called Carboneria. But depends what you're after I guess.

Stayed at palace in Madrid last time and also a lovely hotel in Costa del sol....near the port city.. I think we are doinf only England, France, and Whales.....
7th August 2006 05:02 PM
danielharris627 Urgh, I really hope it isn't the last tour. I'd like to see them more than once, because the time I will see them may be the first and last.
I hope not.
Did that make sense?:S
7th August 2006 05:05 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

get real!

I love you....
7th August 2006 05:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot I may be done with Stones tours...but I will never be done with Gypsy.
7th August 2006 06:57 PM
throbby jb wrote:

I mean just look at the sales in major markets....if they can't fill 60k at Giants, what makes anyone think they can play 6-8 shows at MSG? I don't see it....

I don't know JB. How much promotion has been done for the U.S. Fall leg? Does the average concert goer even know they're returning.

I'm thinking, a couple years off, 8-12K venues, a creative setlist. Sell outs no problem. It's up to the Stones, if they want it. Could be a pipe dream on my part. Meanwhile I live in hope.
7th August 2006 07:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Bingo! SS, the 1st thing I thought when I listened to the new Dolls album was: "this is what ABB should of been!"

I dont expect them to remake Exile, but they should definately be able to put out a record like this one or a Some Girls pt II-type record. Just fun, packed with plenty of attitude and strut worthy tunes.

Cool!

When did the "New York Dolls" sell out Soldier Field?

Or even a neighborhood bar in Chicago?

They couldn't sellout my garage, even if I didn't charge a cover

Yet The Stones have and will fill 101% of seats at Soldier Field and the other stadiums around the US of A

But I am sure that there will be 100 bands playing in Chicago you can see that same night on Oct 11 for about $5

Enjoy

7th August 2006 07:51 PM
time is on my side The only reason the STONES are having trouble filling in stadiums in such cities as Boston, NYC, and Chicago at their ridiculous price levels is simply a matter of complete and total oversatuaration in these very same markets. Some folks even go as far to call it goold old fashioned greed.

You see the STONES have already filled up, sold out stadiums at these very same cities about a year ago if memory serves me correctly. In addition, they had double arena shows in January again at these very same cities (all at the same ridiculous price levels).

Going back to the original question. I see Charlie definitely retiring after this tour but I think you'll see a form of the STONES with Mick and Keith for years to come but on a much smaller scale than these world tours. They'll get over the idea of Charlie's retirement and carry on with the show.
7th August 2006 08:01 PM
Bob Tamp working on new material? I guess ABB live is on the way.
Oh joy!
7th August 2006 08:04 PM
telecaster
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
"The only reason the STONES are having trouble filling in stadiums in such cities as Boston, NYC, and Chicago at their ridiculous price levels is simply a matter of complete and total oversatuaration in these very same markets. Some folks even go as far to call it goold old fashioned greed."

Trouble? So tell us why 100% of the seats will be filled at show time. Please

Tell us

"You see the STONES have already filled up, sold out stadiums at these very same cities about a year ago if memory serves me correctly. In addition, they had double arena shows in January again at these very same cities (all at the same ridiculous price levels)."

But yet they will be filled again. Please explain your ignorance.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)