ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: they're going to retire after this tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th August 2006 06:56 PM
speedfreakjive I challenge anyone to disagree with me!
the odds are in favour of this happening
6th August 2006 07:30 PM
Jair Come on!!! Mick will NEVER stop. Maybe they change the format of the concerts, maybe play seating, as the Eagles (and like Charlie) but...stop? Never!

What they could do now/next yrs? I can't imagine Keith living a quiet and calm life in the US countryside or wherever...

Ronnie will die first, but Mick will live 100 years and die fucking and/or singing &/or dancing. Long life to our heroes!!!

7th August 2006 08:20 AM
Bitch MICK said at the May 20, 2005 NY Press Conference that this is NOT the final tour, they will never have a final tour because they dont believe in farewell tours and it's a publicity stunt to try and sell more tickets. MICK said the RS will NEVER stop playing their music. KEEF said he will play until he drops dead on the stage, and I believe they will play till someone dies that cant be replaced. So who knows how much longer it will be until the unthinkable really does happen? No one knows this answer.
7th August 2006 08:39 AM
corgi37 Well, i think its out of their hands.
1. Getting on a bit.
2. There will be no new record. Ever.
3. Ticket prices probably will not be tolerated next tour.

Ok, all the above are pretty standard, but think about it. Say, 3 years from now. Charlie smacking ino 70. Ronnie probably dead. Keith's fingers bent double.

Then, what about another cd? Dont bank on it! Thats if they even have a contract.

They can simply NOT reduce ticket prices. Or, should i say, they wont. And, its gonna bite them real hard if there's a next time. 3 years from now, i doubt there will be anyone doing stadium shows. U2 included. I cant see them even 1/2 filling 30,000+ stadiums in the U.S. if they play 80% of songs they played this tour. Think about it. Anything from ABB will not be there, so if, if, if there is new music, you'll get 2-3 new tracks and the rest will be the same stuff they play now. Also, doubtful they'll have the ticker to do 20 songs.

Oh, and dont believe the shit that Keith could never give up music. Up to ABB, what did the lazy prick do for nigh on 8 years? Actually, nearly 9 years. Did he even write one frigging song? He guested on other people's shit, but did nothing himself!

I think they should just announce a farewell series of shows, not a full blown tour.
7th August 2006 08:47 AM
Martha They've priced themselves out of the market.
7th August 2006 09:10 AM
Nellcote Did Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Chuck Berry retire?
7th August 2006 09:36 AM
egon
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Did Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Chuck Berry retire?

did they charge a billion dollars for a ticket?
7th August 2006 09:48 AM
Nellcote Egon my friend!
Remember, The Stones have many mouths to feed!
7th August 2006 09:48 AM
egon so do i!
(well at least 1)
7th August 2006 09:53 AM
throbby IMHO they will never retire from playing music. What's left for them once they retire? Almost like saying "I'm too old now, I guess I'll just sit around and get even older." Playing helps to keep them young, both in mind and body. Compare them to your average 60 year old, not even close.
7th August 2006 10:36 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:
IMHO they will never retire from playing music. What's left for them once they retire? Almost like saying "I'm too old now, I guess I'll just sit around and get even older." Playing helps to keep them young, both in mind and body. Compare them to your average 60 year old, not even close.

Ya stepped right in the middle of it there, Throbby.
For awhile there I thought this might be the last tour too, but now I tend to doubt it. They'll play till they drop.
7th August 2006 11:02 AM
Some Guy Charlie is done, so the Stones are done. I see concerts released on dvd and a vault type album released in the future.
7th August 2006 11:05 AM
glencar Even if they're not done, I might be. Of course, I said same after Licks & here am I leaving for London next week...
7th August 2006 11:12 AM
Nellcote Have a Wicked Pissah time GC.
See you @ Gillette, no?
7th August 2006 12:07 PM
the good
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Did Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Chuck Berry retire?

The bluesman analogy doesn't apply. I know the Stones use it, but it just doesn't. There is no way Mick will be able to maintain the caliber of his stage performance when he is 70 or 75. In know people have said this before, but there is a big difference bewteen being 50, 60, or even 65 and 75. Time isn't on their side at this point. They will have to hang it up soon. They may do some smaller shows 10 years from now, laid back blues and country stuff, but Mick will not be strutting across the stage singing brown sugar when he is 70.
7th August 2006 12:09 PM
Kilroy It's up to Mr. Watts. No Watts No Tour, No Nothing. He is the keystone. Mick will forever sing and so will Keith play. Charlie is the key to the Rolling Stones as we know and love them. Rock n Roll FOREVER. The Sunshine bores the DAYLIGHTS out of ME!
I'm sorry to say "IT"S OVER VERY SOON"
THere will be another album but no TOUR. In my opinion.............Hope I'm Wrong.
[Edited by Kilroy]
7th August 2006 12:45 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Well, i think its out of their hands.
2. There will be no new record. Ever.

This is not true...I've already heard one of the songs off the new record...rocks!

http://www.maxlugar.com/cornbreadhex.mp3
7th August 2006 01:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Vegas is calling...

I expect them to end up in Vegas, playing extended engagements like Elton John & Celine Dion.

Ugh.
7th August 2006 01:12 PM
Saint Sway the opportunity exists in '07 for them to do something really cool.

I was watching the Stripped dvd last night and was thinking how cool it would be if they decided next year to put all this big stadium spectacle stuff behind them and came out in theatres playing acoustic songs on stools like they did on those Stripped club gigs.

it would be more dignified. And they could ditch the warhorses and concentrate on cooler stuff like they did on that tour. Just do an extended engagement run of that tour in the big cities.
7th August 2006 01:58 PM
oldkr word on the street is after this tour, they'll be working on a new release and instead of monolithic tours it'll be 1-4 week residencies at major venues in major markets only

OLDKR
7th August 2006 02:03 PM
pdog
quote:
oldkr wrote:
word on the street is after this tour, they'll be working on a new release and instead of monolithic tours it'll be 1-4 week residencies at major venues in major markets only

OLDKR

That sounds good, but I wouldn't put money down on it happennig. What're the odds 50-50. Seems alot of things never transpire, but if they do record I hope they get some people who challenge them in the studio and not a bunch of "YES Men"!
7th August 2006 02:09 PM
RollingstonesUSA I wish they could do like a House Of Blues tour, that would be awesome!
7th August 2006 02:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot If it's ABB pt2...they'll lose me.

They need to take a listen to the new Dolls album. Sure there's a couple clunky duds on it...but the rest of the album is fantastic.

So in my mind...if the New York Dolls can still put out a good rockin' decent album...so can the Stones.

But they have to WANT to do it...you know? If they are happy just being another Adult Contemporary band putting out bland crap like ABB...then I'll be gone.

Life is too short....

>I wish they could do like a House Of Blues tour, that would be awesome!<

Yeah, and with tix starting at $1500 it would be a bargain too!!

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
7th August 2006 02:12 PM
RollingstonesUSA Get me to produce the next album, please!
7th August 2006 02:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
They need to take a listen to the new Dolls album. Sure there's a couple clunky duds on it...but the rest of the album is fantastic.

So in my mind...if the New York Dolls can still put out a good rockin' decent album...so can the Stones.

Bingo! SS, the 1st thing I thought when I listened to the new Dolls album was: "this is what ABB should of been!"

I dont expect them to remake Exile, but they should definately be able to put out a record like this one or a Some Girls pt II-type record. Just fun, packed with plenty of attitude and strut worthy tunes.
7th August 2006 02:50 PM
jb The lack of even a remotely entertaining album and the dramatic decline in ticket speaks volumes for any future tours.
7th August 2006 02:54 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:
The lack of even a remotely entertaining album and the dramatic decline in ticket speaks volumes for any future tours.

i bet you've got ABB on you're Ipod though
7th August 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
word on the street is after this tour, they'll be working on a new release and instead of monolithic tours it'll be 1-4 week residencies at major venues in major markets only

OLDKR

Interesting and has some potential for some really diverse set lists.....I think they may have "jumped the shark" however, and may not be a big enough demand to warrant this. I mean just look at the sales in major markets....if they can't fill 60k at Giants, what makes anyone think they can play 6-8 shows at MSG? I don't see it....
7th August 2006 02:58 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

i bet you've got ABB on you're Ipod though

Never even listened to it other than the songs in concert or on line....a waste of time...(I also do not own an ipod-not into those things).
[Edited by jb]
7th August 2006 03:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I also do not own an ipod-not into those things

somebody needs to clue JB in that he can watch Desperate Housewives on the new video ipods
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)