ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd August 2006 03:59 PM
RollingstonesUSA Could there be "Under My Thumb"
3rd August 2006 03:59 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
This is where they'll make a change. No more "Miss You" to the B!

Why not, since everybody's too busy taking a good look at the band as they slide along instead of listening to any song, Miss You fits perfectly. Would be a waste to replace it by a decent one.
3rd August 2006 04:00 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Could there be "Under My Thumb"

It could. But it won't.
3rd August 2006 04:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Could there be "Under My Thumb"

I wish for it too!!
3rd August 2006 04:02 PM
bootcover
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Setlist always the fastest on RO! But not as fast as Oberhausen 2003....

Oh No, in Milan I allready had the setlist 45 minutes before the concert (got it from a vip), and phoned it in to the Dutch Stonesforum
3rd August 2006 04:05 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
bootcover wrote:

Oh No, in Milan I allready had the setlist 45 minutes before the concert (got it from a vip), and phoned it in to the Dutch Stonesforum

Oberhausen was online a bit sooner I think. But I'm not quite sure. We had a lot of work, trying to read the list in the b-stage guitar stand.
3rd August 2006 04:07 PM
Gazza 12 miss you
13 rough justice
3rd August 2006 04:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Oberhausen was online a bit sooner I think. But I'm not quite sure. We had a lot of work, trying to read the list in the b-stage guitar stand.

3 hours at least. twickenham #2 was much the same thanks to Sergei
3rd August 2006 04:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
12 miss you
13 rough justice

Ah, miss you, there it is. Angie is right, no use playing anything else on that moving stage thing.
3rd August 2006 04:09 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

3 hours at least. twickenham #2 was much the same thanks to Sergei

I knew it!
3rd August 2006 04:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I wish for it too!!

Fat chance:

From Chuck's diary (about Milan Euro tour opener):

"Keith played better than any of us expected, even if he had a bit of trouble here and there. We put in “Under My Thumb” on the B stage…but much to my surprise, the audience didn’t react to it much…almost as if they didn’t know the song. That was a disappointment, as I had thought it would work really well out there. We also tried doing two ballads instead of our usual one…putting in “Streets of Love” for the first time, followed immediately by “As Tears Go By”. That seemed to work well. The rest of the set was pretty standard fare, but we all have to realize that while we’ve been playing a lot of these same songs in the US, in Europe they have not heard them."

He's delusional, it's official. Europe hasn't heard the after-B-stage-part yet? He means 'this year' right? HA!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
3rd August 2006 04:12 PM
sssoul it's true - the trip to the bstage is a lighthearted moment, not a time for some kind of jawdropping rarity or stunning Gimmie Shelter or something ...
3rd August 2006 04:13 PM
PartyDoll MEG Ah well, Angie!! They probably couldn't do it as well as they did in '81 anyway......
3rd August 2006 04:14 PM
G. The Cock
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Fat chance:

From Chuck's diary (about Milan Euro tour opener):

"Keith played better than any of us expected, even if he had a bit of trouble here and there. We put in “Under My Thumb” on the B stage…but much to my surprise, the audience didn’t react to it much…almost as if they didn’t know the song. That was a disappointment, as I had thought it would work really well out there. We also tried doing two ballads instead of our usual one…putting in “Streets of Love” for the first time, followed immediately by “As Tears Go By”. That seemed to work well. The rest of the set was pretty standard fare, but we all have to realize that while we’ve been playing a lot of these same songs in the US, in Europe they have not heard them."

He's delusional, it's official. Europe hasn't heard the after-B-stage-part yet? He means 'this year' right? HA!

[Edited by Angiegirl]

Where I was seated in Milan it was nearly impossible to recognize what they were playing ("Under My Thumb") due to the massive sound problems - and that was the same with all people around me. When listening to the tape released on dime, I realized for the first time how good it was!!!
[Edited by G. The Cock]
3rd August 2006 04:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Bullocks. They will give all the suprises in Nice!
3rd August 2006 04:19 PM
sssoul >> Where I stood in Milan it was nearly impossible to realize what they were playing ("Under My Thumb") due to the massive sound problems. When listening to the tape released on dime, I recognized first how good it was!!! <<

same here, G the Cock ... do me a favour and write that to Chuck, will you? that would be a genuine service to humanity - at least to Stoned humanity, which is the best part. :E
3rd August 2006 04:23 PM
Gazza 14. Start Me Up
15. Honky Tonk Women
3rd August 2006 04:23 PM
Moonisup sympathy
PIB
BS
YCAGWYW
Satisfaction

3rd August 2006 04:26 PM
taz22 A trend developing here....any time they play SMU on the B-stage....they play Paint It Black a little later in the set.
3rd August 2006 04:28 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Why not, since everybody's too busy taking a good look at the band as they slide along instead of listening to any song, Miss You fits perfectly. Would be a waste to replace it by a decent one.

You make a good point. However, they could replace it with another waster! They could put Kanye West on it!
3rd August 2006 04:28 PM
Gazza 16 sympathy
17 paint it black
3rd August 2006 04:34 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sssoul wrote:
>> Where I stood in Milan it was nearly impossible to realize what they were playing ("Under My Thumb") due to the massive sound problems. When listening to the tape released on dime, I recognized first how good it was!!! <<

same here, G the Cock ... do me a favour and write that to Chuck, will you? that would be a genuine service to humanity - at least to Stoned humanity, which is the best part. :E

You can reply with a comment yourself on his diary blog (register/log in first):

http://www.chuckleavell.com/_blog/?p=52
3rd August 2006 04:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You can reply with a comment yourself on his diary blog (register/log in first):

http://www.chuckleavell.com/_blog/?p=52

ROFL!!!!!!!
3rd August 2006 04:37 PM
Angiegirl
3rd August 2006 04:38 PM
sssoul thanks Angiegirl - i do think G the Cock will do it far more eloquently than i ever could, though. :E
3rd August 2006 04:39 PM
Gazza 18. Brown sugar
19. YCAGWYW

Wonder what #20 will be..
3rd August 2006 04:40 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
18. Brown sugar
19. YCAGWYW

Wonder what #20 will be..

Isn't he sweet people?
3rd August 2006 04:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Isn't he sweet people?

SATISFACTION.
3rd August 2006 04:42 PM
Angiegirl don't spoil
3rd August 2006 04:42 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks Gary!!!....Time to "Satisfy" the hunger pangs in my tummy!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)