ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nice gathering Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th July 2006 03:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat We had a Paris and Nice gathering thread some time ago, but it has remarkably disappeared...

Anyway, if you are going to Nice and wish to meet fun guys like Gazza, Egon and myself, then please PM me your cell phone number.
31st July 2006 04:41 AM
egon yes:

where,
when
how
& what?

Is the Nice summit a go?
31st July 2006 04:58 AM
Gazza A few folks from IORR are lookin' to meet up too so we should probably all arrange something between us. Agreeing on a suitable location should be the only issue as none of us are 'locals'.
31st July 2006 05:20 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
A few folks from IORR are lookin' to meet up too so we should probably all arrange something between us. Agreeing on a suitable location should be the only issue as none of us are 'locals'.

Egon could be considered a local, so he is in charge!
31st July 2006 07:15 AM
egon in principal i say the old town.
the only problem might be getting from there to the stadium.
it's not really walking distance (not for me anyway).

I have no idea if there are any bars near the stadium itself..
31st July 2006 07:16 AM
Gazza I'm staying in the old town. There appears to be good bus links to the stadium going by the website, but its not really walking distance.
31st July 2006 07:22 AM
egon unless anyone knows a nice bar next to the stadium,
i say we meet up in town.

i guess we could always get a taxi to get ot the stadium...?
31st July 2006 08:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
We had a Paris and Nice gathering thread some time ago, but it has remarkably disappeared...

Remember that after a board reaches 150 topics, the last 50, including sticky messages, are moved to an archive.
31st July 2006 08:51 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
unless anyone knows a nice bar next to the stadium,
i say we meet up in town.

i guess we could always get a taxi to get ot the stadium...?

OK...You are in charge, Egon. Go for it.. Remember, I am chronicling your adventures.... so this must be memorable
31st July 2006 08:55 AM
Gazza as theres only 3 or 4 of us so far, its hardly 'major summit' material..lol

I'll mail everyone later plus a few of the IORR folks and maybe we can bang a few heads together and get a suitable place to meet up

Hopefully a few of our other French semi-regulars can help us out and would like to join us (Fourchette, Le Paul, Jacques, MW etc?)

and as Villefranche is literally about 10 minutes away by train, a trip to Nellcote at some point on everyone's holiday is essential. Hopefully I'll be able to find it this time. Thanksfully, a few folks have given me some ideas!
[Edited by Gazza]
31st July 2006 10:02 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Remember that after a board reaches 150 topics, the last 50, including sticky messages, are moved to an archive.

So that's why all these threads disappear! Turn it off !
31st July 2006 10:22 AM
egon i've got the whole wednesday off as well, so be more than
happy to drive to nellcote with you fine folks!
31st July 2006 03:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
as theres only 3 or 4 of us so far, its hardly 'major summit' material..lol

It's not the amount but the quality
31st July 2006 08:52 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

It's not the amount but the quality

Cool. I'll be there so we'll just be fine.
31st July 2006 09:51 PM
Paranoid_Android I am so effin jealous...I LOVE NICE...been there a dozen times...just wish I could be there and meet all you guys...and before you ask...If I recall...the stadium in NORTH of the airport which is to the far west of the old cite

try this...
http://www.nikaia.fr/uk/acces.htm#
1st August 2006 04:04 AM
egon live (photo) updates will be given (posted) througout the day & evening.
it'll be the clostest you will get to the event,
without actually being there :-)
1st August 2006 10:07 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Regarding the pre-party, according to the French Stones website www.theworldisstones.com there will be a party on the 7th at Kings Pub:
KING'S PUB
15 RUE DE LA PREFECTURE
06300 NICE
1st August 2006 10:35 AM
Gazza that we're aware of as its been posted here before - but thanks for the reminder in case anyone missed it - theyre also planning some gathering on the beach in front of the Negresco after the show (which seems a bit bizarre)

its the afternoon of the show we need - thats the only one I can get to.
1st August 2006 10:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
- theyre also planning some gathering on the beach in front of the Negresco after the show (which seems a bit bizarre)

Partying on the beach is IMHO a way to avoid losing all your money in the fashion bars of town, they will probably have tons of beers
1st August 2006 11:53 AM
Gazza I predict horrific accidents. The beach in Nice is full of rocks and pebbles - not like the sandy ones in other towns nearby like Cannes, Juan-Les-Pins or that little one at Villefranche

Someone's foot will be "wide open"
[Edited by Gazza]
1st August 2006 11:58 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I predict horrific accidents. The beach in Nice is full of rocks and pebbles - not like the sandy ones in other towns nearby like Cannes, Juan-Les-Pins or that little one at Villefranche

Someone's foot will be "wide open"
[Edited by Gazza]

take your sneakers!
hey your post sounds familiar..reminds me someone...
1st August 2006 01:16 PM
Paranoid_Android The beaches are all STONES...how approriate...but the stones are all rounded...not jagger...I mean jagged...There will be plenty of beer on the beaches...those Heinekins and 7ups are only a a few seconds away as the beach porters are constantly singing away their wares...

The Negresco is where the band would stay I would imagine...or at Bono's house the next town over up the coast.
1st August 2006 01:37 PM
egon gazza, should we call each other before?

I mean, i wouldn't wanna have another "london summit" debacle
on my hands...
1st August 2006 03:03 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Beach? Rocks? I want a cocktail bar !
2nd August 2006 07:06 AM
egon only 6 more days and we still have no plan,
no meeting point, no gathering, no summit, no nothing

It's london all over again!
2nd August 2006 07:16 AM
Gazza Fear not. Something will work out in the next 24 hours or so...

see Fourchette's post :
http://www.novogate.com/board/968/229756-1.html
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd August 2006 08:38 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Fear not. Something will work out in the next 24 hours or so...

i'm counting the hours.

so excited, i'm thinking of buying some nappies
2nd August 2006 08:50 AM
Gazza I've heard about that little problem of yours.
2nd August 2006 09:10 AM
Zeeta Have a nice gathering!
2nd August 2006 02:25 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat How is the weather link in Nice? I need some sun. It is raining cats and dogs here.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)