ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stade de France, St-Denis, Paris 28th July - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
30th July 2006 09:24 PM
gotdablouse Feeling a bit sorry for myself that I decided after the boring PacBell 2002 show to not attend stadium shows anymore, oh well at least they didn't play "Under my Thumb" ;-) Guess I'll have to plan a trip to the US to see them in an Arena this fall !

Scary stories about Ronnie, are you saying he got drunk after the Paris show and couldn't keep it together after that ?
31st July 2006 04:56 AM
Gazza Chris Wouters saw him at the VIP party last night in Amsterdam and said "he looked fine"
31st July 2006 05:33 AM
Jeep
[Edited by Jeep]
31st July 2006 05:36 AM
Jeep From "La Libre Belgique" :

31st July 2006 05:36 AM
tumblingdice01 These stories about Ronnie are ridiculous. I have it on extremely good authority that Ronnie spent Sunday night in Amsterdam dining with a select group at a gallery. He never drank, conversed with everyone and was a gentleman. I wish that people would leave him alone!
[Edited by tumblingdice01]
31st July 2006 05:51 AM
Jeep Two videos from french TV news (with some SDF show footage), click the pix :

TF1 :

France3 :

31st July 2006 06:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
tumblingdice01 wrote:
These stories about Ronnie are ridiculous. I have it on extremely good authority that Ronnie spent Sunday night in Amsterdam dining with a select group at a gallery. He never drank, conversed with everyone and was a gentleman. I wish that people would leave him alone!

Thats what Chris said. However, the incident people were talking about was on Saturday afternoon when the band arrived at the hotel. I wouldnt read too much into it. I'm sure the guy has off-days. Only natural.

But some of this crap is beyond absurd.Someone on IORR even started a thread saying that Charlie left the hotel with someone, went away for a couple of hours and came back looking 'pale and like shit' - so the guy deduced from that that he might croak it in a 'couple of months'

31st July 2006 10:31 AM
jb France got Omahe'ed...............(nice crowd though)
31st July 2006 11:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
France got Omahe'ed...............(nice crowd though)

what I said!
31st July 2006 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

what I said!

Thank you Fly..89k is exceptioonal!!!
31st July 2006 11:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

yes it is my dear!
I think it was a good training for tonight recording and predict a quite similar set list (may be rain fall down back tonight)
31st July 2006 11:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

especially in an 80,000 capacity stadium - oversold, just like "Le Grand Squeeze" that was the 1998 concert there.
31st July 2006 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

especially in an 80,000 capacity stadium - oversold, just like "Le Grand Squeeze" that was the 1998 concert there.

We needed some good news with the NA sales..arguably worse than Europe at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st July 2006 03:05 PM
Gazza "arguably" ??

1st August 2006 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"arguably" ??

Thank god they had a packed show,..also London coming up....atleast were still doing well in Canada!!!
1st August 2006 02:35 PM
tumblingdice01 I was in the FOS on Keith's side in Paris and I have never been squeezed so much half-way back to the B-Stage. There were way more than 4,000 in the FOS - I would estimate at least 10,000 fans. That makes up for the few empties in the upper decks. Whether there were 89,000 is questionable but it was certainly over 75,000. The French can be proud!
1st August 2006 03:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Thank god they had a packed show,..also London coming up....atleast were still doing well in Canada!!!

You do of course realise that throughout the upcoming American tour, I and several other Euros shall be shadowing your posts on every show and bombarding you with endless "how many attended", "wide open" , "you should be ashamed" and "The Stones are despised by 99.9% of people in New York/Boston/Chicago/Shit Creek, Idaho (add region of your choice" - type posts ad nauseam?
1st August 2006 04:06 PM
speedfreakjive i'd love to see em play Neo Con, its hardly risque in Europe
1st August 2006 04:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
i'd love to see em play Neo Con, its hardly risque in Europe

True. But it would be extremely opportunistic, not to mention cowardly.
1st August 2006 04:12 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

True. But it would be extremely opportunistic, not to mention cowardly.

true, but who cares, rock stars aren't supposed to care about politics!
1st August 2006 04:16 PM
charlotte hi Angie!!! it's great to hear from you and thanks for the pictures!!! gazza and I were singing along with you during "sol"...the stones are lucky as hell having fans like us
1st August 2006 04:18 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
hi Angie!!! it's great to hear from you and thanks for the pictures!!! gazza and I were singing along with you during "sol"...the stones are lucky as hell having fans like us

They are! If me, my mom and my friends hadn't gone last night, the show would have been even more not-completely-sold-out!
1st August 2006 04:19 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
true, but who cares, rock stars aren't supposed to care about politics!

Or fans for that matter.
2nd August 2006 11:36 AM
Jeep A picture found on dutch message board, Stonesforum.nl.
Fabulous !

2nd August 2006 12:38 PM
Gazza Mick dropped his wallet and set off the stadium's alarm system
3rd August 2006 12:06 PM
FOURCHETTE I've seen 3 concerts in Europe so far : Milan, Paris and Amsterdam.
The one in Paris is the best.
I didn't expect anything actually as they had dispointed me a bit last time they played in the SDF (1998 and 2003). But that night,Keith and Ron were really into the show, much more than I would have thought. Mick was incredibly great,in fact I don't know what words would suit him...
And I think I heard the BEST Midnight Rambler of my 16 concerts up to now.
It was a fabulous show. Thank you Stones !

4th August 2006 04:42 AM
Jacques Hi
I do agree 120 % with you Fourchette, what a MR !!!!!!!!
4th August 2006 08:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
I've seen 3 concerts in Europe so far : Milan, Paris and Amsterdam.
The one in Paris is the best.
I didn't expect anything actually as they had dispointed me a bit last time they played in the SDF (1998 and 2003). But

I wasnt at the 2003 SDF show but I was there in 1998. Surprised to read you were disappointed in it. I thought they were absolutely brilliant that night (not as great as Longchamps '95 but still excellent, nonetheless). A much better show than the '99 stadium gigs.
4th August 2006 08:42 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I wasnt at the 2003 SDF show but I was there in 1998. Surprised to read you were disappointed in it. I thought they were absolutely brilliant that night (not as great as Longchamps '95 but still excellent, nonetheless). A much better show than the '99 stadium gigs.

I agree with you both and I was at both shows, Stade 1998 was quite good (if a bit rushed and a distracted Mick who seemed rather to wanna go to his birthday party after the show), but Stade 2003 was one of the worst Stones concerts in recorded history. Especially Keith seemed to be in an outer orbit that night.
4th August 2006 10:54 AM
FOURCHETTE In 1998, Jagger seemed a little bit tired in Stade de France. When I listen to the boot (not very often), what he says between the songs betrays some kind of boredom and tiredness. His does his job, he's efficient but there is nothing more (some would think that it is sufficient). He scarcely smiled. I remember I couldn't hear Ronnie. On the other end, Keith was very good.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)