ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Photos Return to archive
August 10th, 2005 08:14 AM
Nellcote As a primer for the openah, I present photos from a recent Red Sox game my son & myself attended @ Fenway.

This is the area immediately in front of the main entrance @ Fenway called Yawkey Way. Entrance to this area before events is with a ticket to the venue only. This area has several food & beer stalls.

I'm visiting with 70's pitching great Luis Tiant, who operates a Cuban sandwich stand in the Yawkey Way area

Here, visiting with "Ironman" Red Sox tv broadcaster/former 2nd baseman Jerry Remy, who works all 161 games Sox games. We are standing in front of his food concession area "Rem Dawgs" which is in the Yawkey Way area. More info on Remy @ www.remyreport.com

Inside the park, from behind home plate with my son.
The area to the left in the background is the famous "wall"
where the Stones Stage will be placed..
Sorry for the dark photo, taken by a Yankee fan...

This shot is closest to the field, looking toward the wall.
Jordan from the 80's band New Kids On The Block was there to throw out the 1st pitch, with his family...

This is the view from the 1st base side, looking towards the wall, from the box seat area, closest to the field

Higher up in the same 1st base area, from the seats called "grandstand"

Hope these help you visualize how the event will take place.
Sorry if these are not as clear as many others who post fantastic shots on this site, my 1st go at this.
Thanks to Voodoo & LJ for assistance with my 1st adventure into the world of online photos. In the spirit of fairness, it should be noted that the Red Sox lost this game. It's a long season, and anything can happen...as evidence for the Red Sox during the 2004 season...

August 10th, 2005 08:20 AM
lotsajizz Excellent primer for those Fenway virgins out there! Even so, people, you WILL be surprised by the place--in more ways than one. Hey, Nellcote, not to sound like an old fart, but remember the bad ol' days, just a few years ago..the narrow concourses, the drunks, the urinal troughs, the contempt management had for the fans? Night and day, folks....different times... and we are the reigning champs!

Hint (learned last Thursday against the Royals, never get a sun seat for a day game in August!!)
August 10th, 2005 08:24 AM
mac_daddy nice pics, nellecote...

alot has changed since 1993...
August 10th, 2005 08:29 AM
gimmekeef Thanks Nellcote!..great pics.Brings back memories of being there in the late 70's for a series with the Indians....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)