ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Check out Drudge Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 9th, 2005 12:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels www.drudgereport.com
August 9th, 2005 12:40 PM
nankerphelge Wake up and piss son, the world's on fire!

(see Neocon and Mistake threads)
August 9th, 2005 12:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I hope Mick hasn't ran afoul of some of the more draconian anti-terrorist laws. I mean he could end up sharing a cell with Padillo if Bush said so.
August 9th, 2005 12:43 PM
Dan Wow, oil closes close to $65. Who thinks it will be $75 by Labor Day?
August 9th, 2005 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
Wow, oil closes close to $65. Who thinks it will be $75 by Labor Day?

bUSH AND HIS SAUDI FRIENDS ARE MAKING A KILLIMNG...AS WELL AS HALIBURTON..AND rOVE SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON
August 9th, 2005 12:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Dan wrote:
Wow, oil closes close to $65. Who thinks it will be $75 by Labor Day?

It'll be more than that if they nuke or invade Iran...which is still in the cards.
August 9th, 2005 12:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
..AND ROVE SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON

A lynching would be more appropriate.
August 9th, 2005 12:52 PM
nankerphelge It's more than in the cards -- it's long overdue.
Once again, we caved to the wishes of the UN and the Europeans that wanted to give diplomacy a chance.

Okay, that didn't work.
UN musta been too busy lining up their next scandal.
Uranium enrichment for food maybe??
Sounds like a winner to me!

Airstikes before Labor Day!

August 9th, 2005 12:52 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

A lynching would be more appropriate.

iF cLINTON'S aIDE DID THIS , HE WOULD BE IN JAIL ALREADY..THE REPUBLICANS WILL SELF-IMPLODE..THEY ARE INTOXICATED WITH POWER AND WILL BE CONQUERED.....THIS COUNTRY NOT READY FOR BACK ALLY ABORTIONS AND OIL GOING TO $5.00 A BARREL............WE WILL OVERCOME THIS HORRIBLE , CRIMINAL, PRESIDENCY!!! sOCCER MOMS KIDS ARE BEING KILLED WHILE bUSH CUTS TIMNBER!!
August 9th, 2005 12:53 PM
nankerphelge You WILL be greeted in Boston!
Bank on it!
August 9th, 2005 12:55 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You WILL be greeted in Boston!
Bank on it!

iT WILL BE AN HONOR!!!! no SLING-SHOTS, o.k.?
August 9th, 2005 12:58 PM
nankerphelge Nope -- no weapons!

Are you going?
Did you score them charity tix?
August 9th, 2005 01:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It's more than in the cards -- it's long overdue.
Once again, we caved to the wishes of the UN and the Europeans that wanted to give diplomacy a chance.

Yeah but they lied to us about Iraq. The price of gas hasn't come down. Here we are sitting on the second largest oil reserves in the world and no price incentive? If they want us to support their wars then they need to bring the price of gas down.
August 9th, 2005 01:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:

Yeah but they lied to us about Iraq. The price of gas hasn't come down. Here we are sitting on the second largest oil reserves in the world and no price incentive? If they want us to support their wars then they need to bring the price of gas down.

Kind of gives the lie to the "They did it for oil" conspiracy theory, dudn't it?
August 9th, 2005 01:12 PM
Dan Its rising demand in Asia thats driving prices up. Probably the best this invasion did for energy was to invalidate numerous oil deals Iraq had with China and to make it easier to enact an oil embargo when China invades Taiwan. Also, high gas prices are great for the government because it means more tax revenues.
August 9th, 2005 01:14 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Nope -- no weapons!

Are you going?
Did you score them charity tix?

NO..they sucked!!! I am going on-stage or bust!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Kind of gives the lie to the "They did it for oil" conspiracy theory, dudn't it?

What other motivation could they possibly have had? You don't spend a half a trillion dollars for nothing.
August 9th, 2005 01:21 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:
NO..they sucked!!! I am going on-stage or bust!!!!!!!!

my fenway tix are up on ebay. buy them, josh.
August 9th, 2005 01:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:

What other motivation could they possibly have had? You don't spend a half a trillion dollars for nothing.

Uh, maybe the motives they announced publicly a thousand times?
August 9th, 2005 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

my fenway tix are up on ebay. buy them, josh.

Where are they located?
August 9th, 2005 01:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Uh, maybe the motives they announced publicly a thousand times?

Wanna buy some ocean shore front land in Montana? Or some green cheese from the moon?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
August 9th, 2005 01:25 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:
Where are they located?

field box - the $163 seats...

August 9th, 2005 01:27 PM
jb
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

field box - the $163 seats...

Thanks..but that's not what I had in mind..............
August 9th, 2005 01:32 PM
Mel Belli
quote:

Wanna buy some ocean shore front land in Montana? Or some green cheese from the moon?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

See, that's exactly how I feel about the jerk-off paranoia that says that what goes on behind the curtain is necessarily more important than what goes in front of it -- it's naive.

The Bush administration said -- I'm paraphrasing -- that, post 9/11, we could no longer coexist with the Middle East as it's currently governed, especially when the fascists who run those governments have WMD. We went there, primarily, to begin to drain the swamp and help nudge the region toward democracy.

My own feeling was that I didn't care whom the West invaded first -- Iraq, Iran or Syria. Iraq just happened to be in violation of a host of U.N. resolutions, so, legally, it should've been the easiest sell. (Which of course it wasn't.)

We've since realized that there are swamps all over democratic Europe, and probably in America.

Not good.
August 9th, 2005 01:44 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It's more than in the cards -- it's long overdue.

Are you dreaming? It's well known that the USA and the EU have been acting in accord over that Iran nuclear program issue. They quietly agreed to share loads, the USA having their arms full with Iraq for the time, and it was useful for them to let the EU talk with Iran to at least buy time. The idea being from the beginning of playing good cop / bad cop, with the implicit threat of an American intervention... So that talk of the American government "caving in to UN and Europeans" is simply BS.
August 9th, 2005 01:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Look, don't get me wrong. I don't take the European's that seriously, even though they make some valid points. They can take Brussels and shove it up their ass...But whether they're right or wrong, they're always so goddam condescending..... And I lived with them for a long time. Stereo types of course. But I think the Euro's are more likely to embrace police state solutions than we are.
August 9th, 2005 01:58 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
The Bush administration said -- I'm paraphrasing -- that, post 9/11, we could no longer coexist with the Middle East as it's currently governed, especially when the fascists who run those governments have WMD. We went there, primarily, to begin to drain the swamp and help nudge the region toward democracy.

Yeah, like for instance the non-existing Iraqi WMD weapons? And beginning to "nudge toward democracy" by invasion is simply... beautiful. "You are the swamp, bastards, let us drain you or you will be obliterated." No wonder the Iraqis are now saying "Saddam is out, don't wait to leave."

quote:
My own feeling was that I didn't care whom the West invaded first -- Iraq, Iran or Syria. Iraq just happened to be in violation of a host of U.N. resolutions, so, legally, it should've been the easiest sell. (Which of course it wasn't.)

"Selling" a war, another great concept. Gee, I wonder why people don't like war now like they used to...

At least, if you want to push for democracy in some area, include some effort into nation-building, not simply taking charge by force of arms and expect the locals to fall in obediently and let themselves be governed by puppets manipulated by the foreign occupant...

Doing something about the lack of democracy in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia maybe would help show that the USA are genuinely concerned about democracy in the Middle-East, not simply about keeping control of their oil supply... Starting out a war about "democracy" by lying to your own people, that must be a stroke of genius, surely.
August 9th, 2005 02:00 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Look, don't get me wrong. I don't take the European's that seriously, even though they make some valid points. They can take Brussels and shove it up their ass...

Thanks a bunch, that's not condescending!
August 9th, 2005 02:02 PM
nankerphelge Not dreaming at all, thanks very much.

The Bush Administration had started eyeing military action in Iran late last year as soon as Iran announced it's intention to start enriching uranium.

The U.S. had planned strikes of Iran's facilities in the eastern mountains, and had also planned on redeploying some troops to Iraq's eastern border with Iran. These plans were blessed as of January 2005 with March being the rough deadline (to beat the summer months). That date was later pushed to June of 2005.

The UN -- and France, Britain and Germany -- said they had a deal going with Iran and the U.S. backed off to see if anything happened.

I call that a cave.
Maybe you don't, but then again, you think anything the US does is "bad cop"

Regardless, the UN/European diplomacy led to Iran's declaration this week that it was resuming enrichment. Must be the dipshitlomats didn't have Iran on board like they thought.

Now what?
You know damn well what!
August 9th, 2005 02:05 PM
jb The tour is a bust..who gives a shit about a song/album no one is going to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)