ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charity Tickets Now????? Return to archive
August 9th, 2005 08:44 AM
gimmekeef http://www.tickets-for-charity.com/

Here we go again..Why does what seems like a noble idea just sound so cheesy to me?..Is it my total distrust of Cohl???
August 9th, 2005 08:46 AM
nankerphelge Well if it is for real, then it is a great thing -- at least the true scalpers didn't get them!

If it is BS and is lining some guido's pocket, then the whole lot of them -- Mick & Co. included -- should be hung by their nuts!
August 9th, 2005 08:48 AM
Nellcote Guido?
Father Guido?
Guy's gotta make a living with all of the priest scandals, you know...
Back on topic, this site looks 100% legit, save for the expenses to operate the various charities.
August 9th, 2005 09:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Well if it is for real, then it is a great thing -- at least the true scalpers didn't get them!

If it is BS and is lining some guido's pocket, then the whole lot of them -- Mick & Co. included -- should be hung by their nuts!

its not as noble from what I've heard. As I understand it, the charities get rid of the tickets for above face value and keep the profits - so basically the Stones get their face value on the tickets, but the charities effectively become brokers for a good cause.

Plus, what tickets there are dont appear to be that great..but still...

Seems a bit 'off' in that rs.com can advertise a charity website on their site and are promoting the sale of charity tickets yet theyre making sure they get a large share of the profits from the sales.
August 9th, 2005 09:38 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

its not as noble from what I've heard. As I understand it, the charities get rid of the tickets for above face value and keep the profits - so basically the Stones get their face value on the tickets, but the charities effectively become brokers for a good cause.

Plus, what tickets there are dont appear to be that great..but still...

Seems a bit 'off' in that rs.com can advertise a charity website on their site and are promoting the sale of charity tickets yet theyre making sure they get a large share of the profits from the sales.

Do they advertise the charity sale on their site? I've just checked RS.com and I don't see anything there about tickets-for-charity.com.

The FAQ page at that site just states that

quote:
The Rolling Stones have provided tickets directly to Tickets-for-Charity.com™ for the express purpose of raising money for our partner charities. As a result, you can be assured that tickets purchased on our website are authentic."

They say nothing about how much they paid for them, so maybe the ticks were donated or sold at a discount. Or so I hope. With the Stones, who knows...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 9th, 2005 09:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Do they advertise the charity sale on their site? I've just checked RS.com and I don't see anything there about tickets-for-charity.com.

Become a member now! Rolling Stones Store

Still Looking for Hard-to-Find Tickets? There's a Great New Way to Find Tickets to Sold-Out Shows and Benefit Charities in the Process.

Dear Stones Fan,

We know that many of you are still trying to find tickets to sold-out shows on the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang Tour. Starting now, there's a terrific new way to get tickets and support 10 national charities at the same time!

Go to www.tickets-for-charity.com where great tickets are now being offered for 21 performances -- including shows in Boston, New York, Chicago, Hartford, Minneapolis, Columbus, Washington, D.C., Charlottesville, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa and Seattle.

Fan Club Members may purchase these tickets beginning today, so don't miss the opportunity to find tickets to shows you may have missed the first time around!

You are being notified in advance of a public announcement, so please click here to learn more and purchase tickets: www.tickets-for-charity.com.

Cheers,

RollingStones.com

quote:

They say nothing about paying them for face value, maybe the ticks were donated or sold at a discount. Or so I hope. With the Stones, who knows...

the charity site indicated they were "provided" by the Stones organisation. Reading between the lines, if these tickets were donated free of charge, I think rs.com would be bloody quick to tell us about it, dont you?

I'd love to be proved wrong, however...

[Edited by Gazza]
August 9th, 2005 10:06 AM
Jumping Jack At least for Atlanta it looks like they crammed in one more row (21 = U) at the back of the first floor section. The Stones get the revenue from more floor seat sales, a tax deduction for a charitable donation, and some chumps get pumped for overpriced, mediocre seats. Woo Hoo. Capitalisim at it's best.

Some think the Stones are hypocrites, I think they are just full of shit.
August 9th, 2005 10:10 AM
Monkey Woman Oh, I see, you got that as an e-mail from RS.com store, Gazza, right?

I see your point about tickets free of charge or not. I just looked how the ticket-for-charities site works, the "donation amount" is above the ticket face value...
https://tickets-for-charity.com/charity/seatSelect.asp?WSadmissions::admission:erformance_id=5E067E51-065D-4381-B4CC-BC1302D6BF3B
So in all proability the RS just sold tickets to the organizers of the charity site at face value... They got some cheek...

Yeah, capitalism is great to bring good things to the rich.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 9th, 2005 10:22 AM
gimmekeef The more I look at all these ticket "opportunities" I become more cynical....They better just play their assess off!!!!!!!!!!..All of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 11:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
At least for Atlanta it looks like they crammed in one more row (21 = U) at the back of the first floor section. The Stones get the revenue from more floor seat sales, a tax deduction for a charitable donation, and some chumps get pumped for overpriced, mediocre seats. Woo Hoo. Capitalisim at it's best.

Some think the Stones are hypocrites, I think they are just full of shit.

Call it "humanitarian scalping" !!!
August 9th, 2005 11:06 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Call it "humanitarian scalping" !!!

ROTFLMAO
August 9th, 2005 11:10 AM
Maxlugar Are the Rolling Stones a charity?

August 9th, 2005 11:13 AM
Joey [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
Are the Rolling Stones a charity?

YES !

[Edited by Joey]
August 9th, 2005 11:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Are the Rolling Stones a charity?

No, nor should they be - but I dont think thats the point.
August 9th, 2005 11:33 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No, nor should they be - but I dont think thats the point.

I was joking. TEE HEE!
August 9th, 2005 11:40 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I was joking. TEE HEE!

From gloomy and pessimistic to hilarious. Weird mood swings. Or maybe it's nitrous oxyde.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 9th, 2005 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I was joking. TEE HEE!

I was hoping you were. I thought my Maxy had suffered a serious sense of humour failure due to the Neo-con controversy

Glad to be proved wrong
August 9th, 2005 11:46 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Monkey Woman wrote:

From gloomy and pessimistic to hilarious. Weird mood swings. Or maybe it's nitrous oxyde.

Why because I questioned what I believe to be a poor business decision?

I will not be your Clown! I have real feelings and real opinions!!!

I'm a REAL BOY!!!!

TEE HEE!

MACKY!!!
August 9th, 2005 11:55 AM
Monkey Woman Whoah, baby! That must be powerful stuff!
August 9th, 2005 12:17 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Monkey Woman wrote:
Whoah, baby! That must be powerful stuff!

Yup! www.maxlugar.com

YES!
August 9th, 2005 01:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I will not be your Clown!

Dance Like a Clown for me ! ... Dance !!!!

Somewhere on Wall Street a Clown cries.................
|
|
|
V

August 9th, 2005 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Dance Like a Clown for me ! ... Dance !!!!

Somewhere on Wall Street a Clown cries.................
|
|
|
V

THe Klinky thing was over-used...
August 9th, 2005 01:53 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

THe Klinky thing was over-used...

August 9th, 2005 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!! You still got it kid!!! No one will ever top you!!!!!!!!!!! You taught me everything I know about posting, and I, in turn, passed it on to Voodoopug.........the 3 J's have conquered all enemies and remain the most prolific posters in the history of the internet.........we simply are better than the rest!!!
August 9th, 2005 04:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

the 3 J's have conquered all enemies and remain the most prolific posters in the history of the internet.........we simply are better than the rest!!!

I would like nothing better in life than to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your young , sweaty , moist , glistening , Glistening young
Joshy forehead and just say , .............. " well !!!! " ................. " THANKS " for being so friggin smart .

You are much loved by the Joeykins !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)