ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: last night Crowes COVERED.... Return to archive
August 8th, 2005 10:10 AM
Saint Sway LOVING CUP!!!!!

The Black Crowes are in San Fran doing a string of shows at the Fillmore.... last night they played "Loving Cup" for the 1st time ever

(although I always thought they nicked the piano solo in the middle of "Thorn In My Pride" from Loving Cup.... maybe not nicked directly but certainly highly influenced by...)
August 8th, 2005 10:22 AM
GimmeExile Saint Sway, can we expect more Crowes U.S. shows in the fall? Right now their last shows are October 14 & 15 in Vegas.
August 8th, 2005 10:28 AM
Saint Sway Not sure but I'll try and find out today. I do know that they will be doing more US shows early next year. Mostly cities and venues that they havnt hit.

and they've sworn that they are done opening for ANY OTHER bands

unless, of course, Mick calls....
August 8th, 2005 10:32 AM
wisertime SaintSway, do you have any info of a european tour beginning of next year,?? heard that they'll play in Amsterdam in january.
August 8th, 2005 10:37 AM
KeepRigid
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
unless, of course, Mick calls....

The Crowes opening for the Stones...now that would be the fucking show.
August 8th, 2005 10:37 AM
Saint Sway yes. Amsterdam January 16th & 17th

which poses a huge conflict for me being a Stones freak living in NYC with rumors of a Stones MSG gig around that time... touch call for me.... Stones in their shrine. Or Crowes in the pot capital of the world.

decisions... decisions...
August 8th, 2005 10:41 AM
wisertime Hey SaintSway, I'll be in NYC at the end of the month. Do you know good records shops ?? Thanks
August 8th, 2005 10:58 AM
Saint Sway if its vinyl your after than Greenwich Village section of Manhattan is your destination. Bleeker Bobs is a must. Finyl Vinyl too. Also Vinyl Mania & House of Oldies (both on Carmine St)

NYC is a great town for finding records. Happy hunting.
August 8th, 2005 11:01 AM
wisertime I send you a PM. Thanks
August 8th, 2005 12:45 PM
monkey_man I was at the crowes show last night and Fri night. I thought their version loving cup was awesome. What did you think of the Beatles cover that ended the show?
August 8th, 2005 01:28 PM
nasalwizard Does anyone know when the crowes euorpean tickets will go on sale ???
August 8th, 2005 01:34 PM
Saint Sway AND... they covered TORN & FRAYED too!!!!!!

God bless The Black Crowes!
August 8th, 2005 02:28 PM
lonecrapshooter they needed a BIGGER BANG!!!
August 8th, 2005 02:36 PM
Mr Jimmy What they need is some more of their own songs!
August 8th, 2005 03:09 PM
Saint Sway they got plenty of great songs

I just wish the Stones played some of the songs the Crowes cover -esp "Silver Train" and "You Gotta Move"
August 8th, 2005 09:44 PM
T&A I was there Friday - liked the Beatle encore - but was pissed that we got no Dylan or Stones covers (they almost always do one of each). But the killer opener, Don't Do It, made up for it....
August 8th, 2005 10:19 PM
full moon Saint, any word on the rumored set of Chicago shows around Halloween?
August 9th, 2005 11:01 AM
Saint Sway yes. Halloween show is set for Chicago!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)