ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick is a prophet of Satan... Return to archive
August 8th, 2005 09:39 AM
Soul Survivor Thats what this guy claims

http://www.salsgiver.com/people/cobutler/devproph.html
August 8th, 2005 09:45 AM
Monkey Woman Hallelujah! Religious wackos of all stripes and colours are still thinking the Stones dealing in satanic stuff!

quote:
And if you are a Christian and spend time listening to this stuff [rock music], please do yourself a great favor and stop.

Noooo! *That* would be an unforgivable sin!!!
August 8th, 2005 10:02 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think he has a point

LOL
August 8th, 2005 10:08 AM
gimmekeef End organized religion of every form and we'd have a better world!..Look where its gotten us so far!...
August 8th, 2005 10:17 AM
Jumacfly LOL!! great review, the guy is SO funny!!
August 8th, 2005 10:28 AM
sirmoonie .....just wanna see his face.....
August 8th, 2005 12:22 PM
Marianne Yeah, is Mick is Satan, or a prophet thereof, then where is god and/or his messenger? Whom might that be? Simply put, that dude who wrote that article is another of those terrified, weak souls whom tightly grips his bible in fear of anything that real life is about. Another Jesus-freak, that's all we need. People whom refuse to see reality. It scares the life out of me how far gone some of these people are.
August 9th, 2005 12:51 AM
HellsRollingThunder Mick is singing ABOUT "Satan" not saying he IS Satan. His song
is about what Satan does and what his purpose is according to
the Christian religion. Just because a person sings or write about
Satan does NOT make him a mouthpiece of Satan, they are just
writing ABOUT Satan or singing about him in a song. This man
is missing the point entirely. Everyone has their own personal
interpretations of what religion is or is not or what they do or do not
believe in. Maybe what Mick is really singing about is the evil
that humans do.
[Edited by HellsRollingThunder]
August 9th, 2005 01:21 AM
Riffhard I'm not one to knock the guy's religion here,but it's worth pointing out that this guy is from a Pentacostal church. These are the folks who claim to speak in tongues. They are the types who dance with serpents(read-snakes). It's all fire and brimstone with these people. Ever been to a Pentacostal church? Very Whiskey Tango,if you take my meaning. For those who don't. Allow me to explain,Whiskey=White,Tango=Trash. Get it?

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with organized religion. Provided you practice it without being freakish about it. My gradfather was a minister,and he was a very good man. My brother is very active in his church,and his daughter,my niece,goes on church sponsered trips to poverty stricken countries around the world and helps build up their infrastructure,and housing,etc. There is no prostylizing,or preaching of Christ on any of these trips. They just do it because they are being "good Christians".

I know many people who regulary attend church,and they are all very decent,and kind people. I would go so far as to say that most kids who regularly attend church or temple do far better in life than those who's parents give them no religious or moral compass at all. That's just a fact,and statisical numbers bear that out. Ofcourse,the jury is still out on kids who attend mosque in Patterson,New Jersey! LOL!

The guy who wrote that article sure as hell ain't gettin' my tickets to the Philly show! That much is for damned sure!

Riffhard
August 9th, 2005 02:19 AM
z Come on! would a prophet of satan send 10$ to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of jesus located somewhere in Los angeles California?
[Edited by z]
August 9th, 2005 01:03 PM
keithriffhard yeah even my church has something made up about Mick Jagger. Mick Jagger supposedly sat next to a church official on a plane and the church official asked him if his music is bad for kids. And supposedly Mick said that he thinks it makes them want to have sex. And that is propaganda right there, wouldn't Mick be sitting by someone he knows on a plane? Couldn't he afford too?
August 9th, 2005 01:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
And supposedly Mick said that he thinks it makes them want to have sex.

Kids don't need Mick's music to make them want to have sex. If anyone wants to blame anyone for 'kids' wanting to have sex, I'd consult with God's Engineering Dep't first.
August 9th, 2005 02:03 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
yeah even my church has something made up about Mick Jagger. Mick Jagger supposedly sat next to a church official on a plane and the church official asked him if his music is bad for kids. And supposedly Mick said that he thinks it makes them want to have sex. And that is propaganda right there, wouldn't Mick be sitting by someone he knows on a plane? Couldn't he afford too?

Urban legend, IMO.

But the Stones are still getting a lot of churches annoyed. The Cardinal Ratzinger (before he was elected as Pope) also condemned rock'n'roll as immoral! Good, I'd like more immorality like that, please!
August 9th, 2005 02:07 PM
Jumping Jack SFTD was a mechanism for publicity to make money. Neocon is being used the same way.
August 9th, 2005 02:47 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
SFTD was a mechanism for publicity to make money. Neocon is being used the same way.

Thinking of SFTD as mere "mechanism" is... Using wrongly a great song to belittle another song that you haven't heard yet but don't like.
August 9th, 2005 03:56 PM
Jumping Jack So you think SFTD was a deep philosophical statement? For sake of discussion lets say it was. How about it's follow up Dancin' With Mr. D? Another deep philosophical statement or a way to cash in on SFTD and play the Satan angle to make a few more bucks? I say it was marketing.

The Stones have always been and will always be arrogant, hedonistic, primadonnas who care only about adulation, self indulgence, getting rich and staying famous (which is why we love them). If you think they have ever given a shit about anyone but themselves (Mick in particular) you are sadly mistaken. As has been said elsewhere, Mick wakes up with a plan every day. This is premeditated publicity, nothing more. The Stones have no underlying politics other than to take care of themselves.

Think they will do a fundraiser for Hillary because they are true believers in her cause (power grab)? HELL NO!

[Edited by Jumping Jack]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)