ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sound? Return to archive
August 8th, 2005 08:07 AM
maeuen Does anyone know what kind of guitars and amps rolling stones uses?
August 8th, 2005 08:09 AM
corgi37 Electric and accoustic ones, ususally with strings.

The amps are mostly loud ones.
[Edited by corgi37]
August 8th, 2005 08:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Keith's trade mark guitar is a Fenider Telecaster

Ronnie's trade mark guitar is a Fender Stratocaster

I would suppose they use Fender amps too
August 8th, 2005 08:29 AM
maeuen Yeah, thanx, jackasses, can anyone give me litle more spesific details?? And dont be an ass?
August 8th, 2005 08:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I told you all I know.

But if you want to be like that then fuck you
August 8th, 2005 10:05 AM
patioaintdry not to be rude, but this has gotta be one of the dumber questions on this board lately.

Akin to whose buried in Grant's tomb.
[Edited by patioaintdry]
August 8th, 2005 12:14 PM
mark Keith on Telecasters through a pair of low powered Fender Twin amps.The occasional Strat, Les Paul and 335's. Ronnie usually uses a Fender Strat and sometimes a Zemaitis and what I think was a DiPinto? on the Licks tour. Not sure what kind of amps he uses. The best source for their gear would be to try and find some of the back issues of Guitar Player with them featured on the cover. As a matter of fact, Keith is in the August issue with tab for 15 classic Stones riffs.
August 8th, 2005 12:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl See by yourself, these pix with thanks to LadyJane

August 8th, 2005 12:24 PM
keithriffhard Keith uses on the Licks tour: Fender Telecaster, Gibson ES-335, and another Telecaster with a capo for Street Fighting Man, White Stratocaster for Before they make me run.

Woody uses a sunburst Fender Stratocaster, an electric sitar for Jumpin' Jack Flash, Paint it black, and Street fighting man. Gibson Firebird sunburst. Silver and pink Telecaster.
August 8th, 2005 12:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl First set is Woody's, then Darryl's and some Keith and then all Keith's
August 8th, 2005 12:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
maeuen wrote:
Yeah, thanx, jackasses, can anyone give me litle more spesific details?? And dont be an ass?

Don't pay too much attention, that's the way the jokes run here, just see... if you say "Fuck you NAME HERE, will ya" that's a compliement
August 8th, 2005 04:06 PM
CraigP Check this out! http://www.slideonron.com/guitars.htm
August 9th, 2005 02:48 AM
corgi37 Bloody newbies.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)