ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones wife fears over alcohol struggles Return to archive
August 8th, 2005 03:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ROLLING STONE'S WIFE FEARS OVER ALCOHOL STRUGGLES

THE ROLLING STONES guitarist RONNIE WOOD's wife will accompany him on the band's forthcoming tour in a bid to ensure he stays away from alcohol.

JO WOOD wants to prevent a return of the days when her hedonistic husband would consume eight pints of Guinness and two bottles of vodka daily.

So the former model will join the Stones in Boston, Massachusetts, next month (SEP05) for the start of their latest world tour.

At the height of Wood's alcoholism, she recalls, "I was recycling so many bottles I got a certificate for the most glass they'd (local recycling scheme) collected from one house."

08/08/2005 03:06
contactmusic.com
August 8th, 2005 03:27 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
ROLLING STONE'S WIFE FEARS OVER ALCOHOL STRUGGLES
At the height of Wood's alcoholism, she recalls, "I was recycling so many bottles I got a certificate for the most glass they'd (local recycling scheme) collected from one house."

08/08/2005 03:06
contactmusic.com

I see what she means

[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
August 8th, 2005 04:28 AM
MrPleasant And the moral is: "don't get married". Or also you can end up like the guy on the left.

August 8th, 2005 05:28 AM
Monkey Woman Well, Jo Wood has accompanied Ronnie on tour every time since the beginning of their relationship. But these days, as Ronnie is struggling to keep "dry", it's a good thing for him to have someone as dedicated as Jo to help him stay on the straight path...
August 8th, 2005 10:34 AM
Saint Sway NOTE TO JO:

Dear Jo,
In an effort to help Ronnie, would you please send me all of his unused alcohol bottles.

thank you

Sway
August 8th, 2005 11:28 AM
mmdog
Was that from this year or the start of the Licks tour? Wasn't Sep 5th the opener on the Licks Tour?
August 8th, 2005 01:19 PM
nankerphelge 9/3/02
August 8th, 2005 03:08 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
9/3/02

August 8th, 2005 03:11 PM
Saint Sway P.S. Jo, if you could have all of Ronnies booze shipped to me in time for the MSG show, it would be greatly appreciated by all.

thanks
August 8th, 2005 03:47 PM
jb Ronnie is a major wussy ...........................
August 8th, 2005 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Ronnie is a major wussy ...........................

Agreed -- A Priory Pussy !

August 8th, 2005 03:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Ronnie is a major wussy ...........................

agreed.

its all his fault the tours a total bust.
August 8th, 2005 03:53 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

agreed.

its all his fault the tours a total bust.

We have now officially bounded!!! You shall be greeted!!!! (and yes, I love the Black Crowes-Ripper 25 from Shidoobee sent me a disc called Sunday Night Service with 3 added Stones covers).
August 8th, 2005 04:17 PM
Saint Sway Mick should of fired Ronnie in '81. But now its must. Time to fire Ronnie and hire Rich Robinson or Marc Ford

we shall raise a glass and toast the Crowes at one of the upcoming Stones disgraceful and poorly attended shows
August 8th, 2005 04:22 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Mick should of fired Ronnie in '81. But now its must. Time to fire Ronnie and hire Rich Robinson or Marc Ford

we shall raise a glass and toast the Crowes at one of the upcoming Stones disgraceful and poorly attended shows

They played a great set in WPB ;sadly, I missed the show at "The Revolution" in Ft. Lauderdale with the briliant encore of "Happy".
August 8th, 2005 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Denver is WIDE OPEN at all ticket levels ( see : Utah and Toronto )

August 8th, 2005 04:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
They played a great set in WPB ;sadly, I missed the show at "The Revolution" in Ft. Lauderdale with the briliant encore of "Happy".

that is why you can never chance missing the Crowes if they are rolling thru your hood

I think that, in honor of the current demise of the Stones, I will put together a cd with a collection of live recordings of Crowes covering the Stones

Loving Cup
Torn & Frayed
Tumbling Dice
You Gotta Move
Happy
Cant You Hear Me Knockin
Dead Flowers
Sway
Silver Train

and I'll throw in some covers by Rich Robinson...
Memo From Turner
Hand Of Fate
Moonlight Mile

and some of Chris Robinsons solo acoustic shows...
No Expectations
Wild Horses

w/an extra "bonus" track of myslelf and Marc Ford chuggin on...
Stop Breaking Down

(now if only the Stones could turn that mix into an actual set list w/a few new tracks sprinkled in, then the tour might be salvageable)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)