ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Motley Crue Opening? Return to archive
August 7th, 2005 05:21 PM
flexy633 So, what's the truth to this supposed great duo playing together? From what I understand, Tommy Lee announced on Rockline on July 25, that Motley will be opening for the Stones this fall, 4 shows. One rumor is that they are going to open the Chicago show on September 10.

Anyone have any solid info on this?
August 7th, 2005 09:11 PM
crb69 Metallica out on the west coast...they need a big act to open now in NY on the East Coast.

One can only hope for a band like the Crue to open in New York...pray hard people!
August 7th, 2005 09:55 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
crb69 wrote:
One can only hope for a band like the Crue to open in New York...pray hard people!

You sicken me.
August 7th, 2005 09:59 PM
Angiegirl Weren't Motley Crue like the JOKE of Live 8? I mean, the whole Live 8 discussion aside, weren't they really embarrassing to watch and hear? I didn't know whether to laugh or blush anyway. But, as a plus, they would make the Stones look wonderful.
August 7th, 2005 10:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Weren't Motley Crue like the JOKE of Live 8? I mean, the whole Live 8 discussion aside, weren't they really embarrassing to watch and hear? I didn't know whether to laugh or blush anyway. But, as a plus, they would make the Stones look wonderful.

Motley Crue is always a joke. They aren't even a real band. The make Kiss look like talented originals. Bunch of demented geeks that got lucky on 80s heavy metal, and had a producer or two who could put that garbage they play into some kind of coherent presentation.

Who still listens to this shit? Why? Are you still pissed off at your high school?
August 7th, 2005 10:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Motley Crue is always a joke. They aren't even a real band. The make Kiss look like talented originals. Bunch of demented geeks that got lucky on 80s heavy metal, and had a producer or two who could put that garbage they play into some kind of coherent presentation.

Thought so.

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Who still listens to this shit? Why? Are you still pissed off at your high school?

LOL
August 7th, 2005 11:08 PM
mac_daddy motley crue sucks - i hope they stay far away from the socal gigs...

i hope metallica stays up north, too...
August 8th, 2005 12:34 AM
erikjjf
quote:
flexy633 wrote:
One rumor is that they are going to open the Chicago show on September 10.

Anyone have any solid info on this?

According to Pollstar, Motley Cure are playing a show in Tennessee on September 10.
August 8th, 2005 05:50 AM
blackandblue Motley Crue is the greatest garbage you can imagine. A bunch of posers, untalented freaks, layabouts and pathetic bunglers that ever stood on a stage. I hope these bloody maniacs keep away from anything that has to do with the Stones.
August 8th, 2005 08:39 AM
corgi37 The Crue are the worst of the worst. Well, not as bad as Warrant and Poison, but pretty bloody close.
August 8th, 2005 02:09 PM
Charliesgoodtonight As much as I don't like their music, at least Motley Crue are a known group (well maybe people like the book more than the reality of their musical output). Last time round the British leg of the tour got a couple of jobbing indie acts - I wanted earplugs and I was waiting in the car park.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)