ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saw the Black Crowes Fri nite at Fillmore Return to archive
August 7th, 2005 02:21 PM
T&A first time for me. As background - I love the Crowes - haven't really heard much of their last few albums. But their early ones (esp. Soutern Harmony) I love.

Well - the setlist had its moments - opened with what I was hoping for - Don't Do It. Sting Me, Remedy, Comin' Home (Delaney & Bonnie) Hard to Handle and encore of Don't Let Me Down. No Stones or Dylan covers, unfortunately. Saturday nite (didn't attend) they did first-ever cover of Lovin' Cup (alas).

Anyway - the venue is my favorite. But, this time the sound didn't do it for me - BC's seemed to suffer from the same problem as recent Stones shows - guitars were not easily discerned. But, overall, the band played well - enjoyable show for sure - but not nearly up to the level of the Stones, IMHFO.
August 7th, 2005 11:52 PM
Bloozehound sounds good

I'll be seeing the Crowes next month at the ACL music fest here, in fact that fridays line up includes asleep at the wheel, steve earle and the dukes, lucinda williams, allman brothers and the black crowes will play last

Im pretty psyched
August 7th, 2005 11:56 PM
T&A that sounds like a party, bloozie....imagine Warren will be sitting in with just about everybody on that bill....
August 8th, 2005 02:15 AM
Bloozehound Not a bad days entertainment for 50 bucks, I've never seen the crowes or lucinda b4 so i'm really looking forward to this, all the rest is just icing on the cake

I used to be a big fan of the Crowes, recently, probably due to lack of Stones output, I've really been getting back into them, thought they had disbanded or something until i saw them on this years acl line up and I was like coolers I'm there

looking forward to it

they ain't the Stones, but they'll do for now

August 8th, 2005 04:33 AM
Freejack
I was there Sat. night when they did lovin cup. Is was off the hook. I was singing along like so enthusiaticly that they must of thought I was on crack
August 8th, 2005 04:41 AM
Poplar
The Fillmore rules.

August 8th, 2005 04:53 AM
wisertime Saturday show was filmed for an upcoming DVD release.
It seems that they'll tour in europe in january, I saw there was 2 dates in Amsterdam, Paradiso.
August 8th, 2005 07:45 AM
ferguson99 I saw the Black Crowes open for Tom Petty last month in Boston.... The Crowes did have horrible sound and I wasn't impressed with their performance. Tom Petty, on the other hand, was awesome. Sound was great, and even if he does play mostly his hits, they're great songs and it was a lot of fun.
[Edited by ferguson99]
August 8th, 2005 10:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Freejack wrote:

I was there Sat. night when they did lovin cup. Is was off the hook. I was singing along like so enthusiaticly that they must of thought I was on crack

I was so excited to come in and post about this this morning that I missed this thread and started another one.... sorry about the multiple threads all

Loving Cup -- HELL YEAH!!! has any other band covered this??

this is why the Crowes are so fucking cool!!!

every Stones fan should do themselves a favor and check them out live ASAP... and dig the Keef/Taylor 73 sound they are throwing down

the music scene sucks these days... thank God we have a Stones lovin band like The Black Crowes to keep the music alive
August 8th, 2005 09:45 PM
T&A Phish used to cover Loving Cup....
August 8th, 2005 10:20 PM
telecaster All we need now is a Black Crows header

Folks the Stones are starting a huge worldwide tour

The Black Crows are finising a "tour" as a warm up band
with the highlight being covers of the Stones

Crows are a good band that can at times play well and years a ago wrote a handfull of good songs

I rest my case
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)