ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadio Azteca - February 2006 Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 6th, 2005 09:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Confirmed byb an insider, neither OCESA nor Televisa booked the Stones but the shows will be at 110,000 plus field ESTADIO AZTECA in February 2006, the date is already known, the shows booked but the guy didn't remember the exact day

Yessss what a day babies two good news in 5 minutes
August 7th, 2005 01:35 AM
rogerriffin CARNALITO CATCH YOUR DREAMS BEFORE THEY SLIP AWAY, THANKS FOR THE NEW ILUTIONS...
August 7th, 2005 11:06 AM
jb This will not sell out IMO b/c of high priices.
August 8th, 2005 11:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Josh, again boasting of ignorance, you are the kind of lawyer that make them have the fame that they can talk about everything but ignore all.

I’m gonna give you some facts

Mexico City is on the tour list of almost any major act.

It is a gold mine for tour promoters: The most expensive prices and all sold-out shows.

A very good example is when Peter Gabriel opened the 2002-2003 tour here: check the following facts:

• The highest prices of the whole tour.
  • The only three-stops city in the whole tour.
  • The biggest audience 30,000+.
  • The fastest sold out, even that it was for the biggest amount of tickets and at the highest prices.
  • No full stage (the one designed by Peter Gabriel and Robert Lepage) well at least we had the Growing Up sphere and the Barry Williams filming routines.
  • No opening acts.
  • No Blind Boys or any other guest on stage.

Peter management cancelled shows at MSG, Atlanta was postponed, etc etc Check this for more facts http://www.rocksoff.org/pg-index.htm

You can see a lot of Mexican fans wearing a Stones t-shirt on the streets, bars, discos, rock concerts, football matches and they are from the riff-raff to the high class but you can’t hardly see someone wearing a Peter Gabriel tee or a Genesis tee... and we made the most $ucce$full $how$ for Peter

Even Thalía a Mexican singer of pop with a big success in the USA us wearing a Stones tongue in her last video.
We are not “like a rolling stone” we are rolling stones in the essence, so be sure it will be another sold out

Another example is when we brought Mick Taylor to play here, it was the show sold at the most expensive prices and it was the show with the biggest audience. Check this for more http://www.rocksoff.org/micktaylor-spanish.htm

Want more examples?

U2 and many others sold out in minutes, U2 sold out was their record and as far as I remember it still the fastest sold out, that show made it in an official release.
Small acts are also here, Jethro Tull will be touring this year four cities including a 10,000 venue at $150 USD a ticket when they can’t hardly sold out a hard rock café in the USA, but the curious thing is that they were here last year, check this website for details http://rocksoff.org/jethrotull-mexico2004.htm

Also in 2001 Elton John played a benefit show at "Castillo de Chapultepec" and tix sold at 10,000 USD yes ten thousand dollars see this if you have doubts http://www.senado.gob.mx/comunicacion/content/boletines/2001/b9octubre.html

Voodoo Lounge stop here was for 4 stadium shows, then during the B2B we had the biggest stop in the whole history of Stones tours, having rehearsals, shooting videos, press conferences, etc

Now you say we can't sell out just one show?

Come on!!!
August 8th, 2005 11:07 AM
jb You feel they will sell 110k tickets at approx 450k pesos?
August 8th, 2005 11:12 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Can't you fucking read?

LOL Josh, of course yes...
August 8th, 2005 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Can't you fucking read?

Please provide conversion rates of dollar/Peso asap...also, I would like my XX-with Mick and Keith on the cover immediately. I will pay you when I see you in New York. Thanks Amigo!!!
August 8th, 2005 11:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You can find exchange rates everywhere and about your tee-shirt you need to pay upfront $900 USD and that's because of your uncalled comment and off-topic reply overthere

I'm quoting you LOL

quote:
jb wrote:

O.K.-you know I'm good for the money....I am having a great year(830k!!!).

So now read this for how to get a tee, this is a fair deal here http://novogate.com/board/968/213388-3.html

That's the only way to get one, and payment must be UPFRONT, confirmed and cashed hehehehe

August 8th, 2005 11:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Can't you fucking read?

They would have perfromed In Mexico during Licks had it been as profitable as you predict. At just under 5000 Pesos per ticket to equal the price of tickets sold in the Large US markets, they will not be able to sell that many tickets at that price. While the audiences in Mexico are some of the most enthusiastic and involved, they will not sell out at 5K Pesos per ticket. I predict a definite sellout at a much lower rate, perhaps 800-1000 pesos each.
August 8th, 2005 11:28 AM
jb John, pleae post the conversion rate if you have access...........also, please tell Voodoo to ship me the shirt w/out requiring payment upfront as he knows I am good for the money as we have had business transactions before..........thank you.
August 8th, 2005 11:31 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
John, pleae post the conversion rate if you have access...........also, please tell Voodoo to ship me the shirt w/out requiring payment upfront as he knows I am good for the money as we have had business transactions before..........thank you.

it is approximately 10.6 pesos to the dollar

in my business i offer NET 30 credit terms to established/trusted customers. I vouch for jb's credit and suggest using these terms. I know for fact that josh has a solid history of settling debts public and private and is active in charities!
August 8th, 2005 11:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

They would have perfromed In Mexico during Licks had it been as profitable as you predict. At just under 5000 Pesos per ticket to equal the price of tickets sold in the Large US markets, they will not be able to sell that many tickets at that price. While the audiences in Mexico are some of the most enthusiastic and involved, they will not sell out at 5K Pesos per ticket. I predict a definite sellout at a much lower rate, perhaps 800-1000 pesos each.

The shows in Mexico City for the Licks Tour were booked and scheduled but since Argentina declined the shows were put on hold and then cancelled.

Also the fact that no NEW studio album was not released was another reason, but the first was the actual one.

The prices had been always the same or higher I don't why now that we have a stronger economy (in the first ten of the world) we need to sell the tix cheaper
August 8th, 2005 11:41 AM
voodoopug i recall the argentina issue, but the lack of a new album was not a factor. Licks was the largest, most ambitious tour they have ever taken (see five shows in Chicago and New York). If everything could have been worked out, they would have played Mexico City. I hope the Feb 2006 concert goes on as planned...many fans in Mexico missed a great tour (Licks)
August 8th, 2005 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
i recall the argentina issue, but the lack of a new album was not a factor. Licks was the largest, most ambitious tour they have ever taken (see five shows in Chicago and New York). If everything could have been worked out, they would have played Mexico City. I hope the Feb 2006 concert goes on as planned...many fans in Mexico missed a great tour (Licks)

Good luck Voodoo...I really hope they perform in Mexico City as you deserve it. Will the recent Hurricane damage be a factor?
August 8th, 2005 11:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Voodoo, if you see my unedited post I was clear about it: but the first was the actual one that was the only reason, the other was just initial especulations but the reason to cancel was the above-mentioned
August 8th, 2005 11:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

Good luck Voodoo...I really hope they perform in Mexico City as you deserve it. Will the recent Hurricane damage be a factor?

No my dear Joshy, it was the south east, many many miles from here, We don't have hurricanes here but you can get stoned just breathing our thin air mixed with smog
August 8th, 2005 11:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
LOL Voodoo, if you see my unedited post I was clear about it: but the first was the actual one that was the only reason, the other was just initial especulations but the reason to cancel was the above-mentioned

It shouldn't have been mentioned at all, those who speculated that have shown clear ignorance and must be called out. Sadly, if an loyal stones man such as yourself heard these rumors...there must be many who though that!

Cheers!

We are hoping they add a third and fourth show in Chicago!
August 8th, 2005 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It shouldn't have been mentioned at all, those who speculated that have shown clear ignorance and must be called out. Sadly, if an loyal stones man such as yourself heard these rumors...there must be many who though that!

Cheers!

We are hoping they add a third and fourth show in Chicago!

Chicago has plenty of seats for the first UC show and will not ger another show.
August 8th, 2005 11:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Chicago has plenty of seats for the first UC show and will not ger another show.

I fear you are correct...we already have two here and one in Milwaukee...we should consider ourselves fortunate
August 8th, 2005 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I fear you are correct...we already have two here and one in Milwaukee...we should consider ourselves fortunate

Chicago was able to have many more shows in the past..sadly, U2 and Macca dominate this market now.
August 8th, 2005 12:12 PM
Madafaka Congrats Gerardo!
Argentina is still waiting for the new tour!
August 8th, 2005 12:14 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
jb wrote:

Please Josh DON´T SUCKS!!!

Tickets will sell at 450, 200, 120, 50 usd, with no problems, the questions it´s the confirmation...

Mexicans pays it, if you not agree, hear Keith said at press conference: SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
August 8th, 2005 12:29 PM
gomper
quote:

The prices had been always the same or higher I don't why now that we have a stronger economy (in the first ten of the world) we need to sell the tix cheaper

Altough I'm in Mexico too, please give me some money because my economy is not in the first ten of the world, it's in the 1,000,000th as well as the 100 million mexicans except you.

In other hand, I think there will be just one show in Mexico, to pay more than 40 USD for a concert is expensive for most of the mexicans, including for a stones concert.
August 8th, 2005 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:

Please Josh DON´T SUCKS!!!

Tickets will sell at 450, 200, 120, 50 usd, with no problems, the questions it´s the confirmation...

Mexicans pays it, if you not agree, hear Keith said at press conference: SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Good luck my friend!!! YOu deserve a greart show!!!!
August 8th, 2005 12:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

Good luck my friend!!! YOu deserve a greart show!!!!

Well, as you can see he will be in Toronto and/or Denver too

The dirty dozen in Toronto will rock... probably with some special guest signing at the last minute
August 8th, 2005 12:40 PM
Mr Jimmy Voodoo... are you coming to Toronto?
[Edited by Mr Jimmy]
August 8th, 2005 12:50 PM
jb
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Voodoo... are you coming to Toronto?
[Edited by Mr Jimmy]

Sadly, the Rogers Stadium show is really selling slow....
August 8th, 2005 01:01 PM
Mr Jimmy You're so funny.
August 8th, 2005 01:06 PM
jb I am very worried about you..........................>
August 8th, 2005 01:15 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Please don't be ......................

My father left me a lot of money ( see : inheritance ).

Flacky Carson

Will it be enough to live in Nebraska for a long time?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)