ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slash On A Mick Taylor`s Solo Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 7th, 2005 12:51 PM
texile agree, taylor raised every song to a different level........the live 72 version of ycagwyw far surpasses the studio version for me.

jenn - keith wasn't as tight in 73 (exception being australia 73)so he he probably WAS on autopilot by that point...
which is why i prefer the 72 tour.......keith was demonic.
August 7th, 2005 12:53 PM
ListenToTheLion My most favorite RS guitar player is.... Ron Wood but i mean Ronnie in the 75-78 era. I liked him in those days more than Mick Taylor who was technically the better player but Ron in those days really had the groove! In combination with Keith it was THE rock' n' roll tandem of all ages!
August 7th, 2005 12:54 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
agree, taylor raised every song to a different level........the live 72 version of ycagwyw far surpasses the studio version for me.

jenn - keith wasn't as tight in 73 (exception being australia 73)so he he probably WAS on autopilot by that point...
which is why i prefer the 72 tour.......keith was demonic.

Yes...demonic is the word!!! Watched for the 1k time L&G this weekend and Keith scared the shit out of everyone...poor MT tried to avoid all eye contact....the guy was a rhythm monster...I think he was very good on 73 as well....and contrarty to what some may think, the 75 Tour was excellent IMO.
August 7th, 2005 12:56 PM
Chuck Leavell How do you like my solos?
August 7th, 2005 12:59 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Chuck Leavell wrote:
How do you like my solos?

Which solos?
August 7th, 2005 01:01 PM
star star did MT ever do lead parts over live Star Star??
August 7th, 2005 01:01 PM
Chuck Leavell My solo on Honky Tonk Women is stellar. Instead of hitting the final note with my foot, I just might wack my weiner on the keyboard. Tickle the ivories!
August 7th, 2005 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
star star wrote:
did MT ever do lead parts over live Star Star??

Absolutely!!!
August 7th, 2005 01:09 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Chuck Leavell wrote:
My solo on Honky Tonk Women is stellar. Instead of hitting the final note with my foot, I just might wack my weiner on the keyboard. Tickle the ivories!

This was your best solo so far:

August 8th, 2005 11:07 AM
jpenn11
quote:
star star wrote:
its a real shame they stopped playing SFTD after the Altamont disaster

They played it throughout the 1970 tour in Europe.

quote:
jb wrote:

Absolutely!!!

At what shows did Taylor play lead on Star Star?

quote:
texile wrote:

I believe Richards claimed he was on acid at Perth.
August 8th, 2005 02:25 PM
Charliesgoodtonight Why can't they do a Taylor section like the Keith section? That way they could do songs like Sway and Winter and people would get to see them with Mick Taylor for a while before they revert back to the current lineup. I think it's the only way 'his' songs'd ever get played at a Stones concert. Maybe Ronnie could do a spot on bass?
August 8th, 2005 02:38 PM
jb
quote:
Charliesgoodtonight wrote:
Why can't they do a Taylor section like the Keith section? That way they could do songs like Sway and Winter and people would get to see them with Mick Taylor for a while before they revert back to the current lineup. I think it's the only way 'his' songs'd ever get played at a Stones concert. Maybe Ronnie could do a spot on bass?

Agreed..but Keith hates any guitarist that is better than him and refuses to allow MT to appear..........................he was enraged in 81 when MT again stole the show.
August 8th, 2005 09:03 PM
stonesfool here is a videoclip of Dead Flowers from L&G

http://www.glampunk.org/stones.html
August 9th, 2005 11:04 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Charliesgoodtonight wrote:
Why can't they do a Taylor section like the Keith section? That way they could do songs like Sway and Winter and people would get to see them with Mick Taylor for a while before they revert back to the current lineup. I think it's the only way 'his' songs'd ever get played at a Stones concert. Maybe Ronnie could do a spot on bass?

Brilliant post.

I wish you managed the Stones.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)