ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Metallica To Play Full Set in SF Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 7th, 2005 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

People with make believe fanaties just make up things that pop into their heads. They are the ones who truly believe what they will. In truth, Ananheim was sold out within 48 hours after tickets first went on sale. I just tried pulling up Stones tickets in a number of market and couldn't even pull up a single. Wonder why???

I trust GG24 on Shidoobee..she has been dead on!!!
August 7th, 2005 06:55 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:

I trust GG24 on Shidoobee..she has been dead on!!!

I don't know who GG24 is and, if she has been the source of some of the information you have been giving, I'm not sure I want to know. All I can tell you is the list below is reliable information. If you want to disregard it or ignore it, which I'm sure you will do, that's fine. I have no problem with it.

By the way, I've been buying tickets for over 30 years and most shows, including those listed below in all probability, have tickets available as the show approaches (normally a few days before or the day of the show). They are not a lot tickets and they are released for a variety of reasons. TICKETBASTARD themselves always gives out this same information. It's not the result of some far flung conspiracy as TICKETBASTRD, the artist, and the promoters want to sell as many tickets as quickly as possible. They want to make as much money as they can. It just a common business practice to set aside tickets for promotion, corporations, people who are connected. Sometimes these tickets become available to the public.

As the STONES have specially constructed stages, it could well be some seats become available as showtime approaches. Hope this happens. It will allow more fans of the STONES to see them and could cut into the scalper's business.

Unlike what GG24 has been telling you, my guess is most shows will be at 100% capacity. SEE THE LIST BELOW FOR THE REASONS WHY

August 2005
21, 23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park (w/ Black Eyed Peas) BOTH SHOWS SOLD OUT
26 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (w/ Maroon 5) SOLD OUT
28 - Ottawa, Ontario - Lansdowne Park (w/ Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords) SOLD OUT
31 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park (w/ Maroon 5) WIDE OPEN

September 2005
3 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill (w/ Maroon 5, Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace,) SOLD OUT
6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center SOLD OUT
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center NEAR SELL OUT (scattered singles remain)
10 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field SOLD OUT
13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden SOLD OUT
15 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium SOLD OUT
17 - Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena (on sale 8/6) SOLD OUT
24 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena (w/ Beck) SOLD OUT
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre (w/ Beck) MANY TICKET REMAIN- sales have been increasing
28 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park (w/ Pearl Jam) Unable to determine ticket sales

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (w/ Beck) SOLD OUT
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center (w/ John Mayer Trio) SOLD OUT
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia (w/ Trey Anastasio) SOLD OUT
8 - Durham, NC - Wallace Wade Stadium Close to being a near sell out- many ticets remain at lower price levels
10, 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio) NEARLY SOLD OUT FOR BOTH SHOWS- scattered singles at the $450.00 price range are all that remain for both shows
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (w/ Wilco) SOLD OUT
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (w/ Joss Stone) SOLD OUT
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (w/ Joss Stone) SOLD OUT
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (w/ Joss Stone) SOLD OUT
28 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome SOLD OUT
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena SOLD OUT

November 2005
1 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena NEARLY SOLD OUT (scattered singles remain & limited view)
4 - Anaheim, CA - Angel Stadium of Anaheim SOLD OUT
6 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl SOLD OUT
8- Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl SOLD OUT
11 - San Diego, CA - PETCO Park SOLD OUT
13, 15 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park 13TH SOLD OUT 15th tickets remain at lower price levels
18 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena (on-sales to be announced)
20 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center SOLD OUT
22 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center WIDE OPEN
24 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center WIDE OPEN AT $400.00 TICKET LEVEL
27 - Glendale, AZ - Glendale Arena NEARLY SOLD OUT (scattered singles are all that remain)
29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center NEARLY SOLD (scattered singles at $400.00 price range only)

December 2005
1 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center (WIDE OPEN AT $400.00 PRICE RANGE- all other price ranges sold out)

January 2006
10 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre NEARLY SOLD OUT
23 - Chicago, IL - United Center NEARLY SOLD OUT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 7th, 2005 07:04 PM
jb You shall not be greeted!!!
August 7th, 2005 07:05 PM
Poplar
that list reflects evetrything else i've seen/heard.

but still, go ahead and cue jb for the "tour is a bust" shite.
August 7th, 2005 07:05 PM
Poplar
oh god - he beat me by a minute!!!! ha!

August 7th, 2005 07:06 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

oh god - he beat me by a minute!!!! ha!

You shall not be greeted!!!!
August 7th, 2005 07:11 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:
You shall not be greeted!!!

THANKS!!!!! Unlike some on this board, I was hoping you would say that.
August 7th, 2005 07:13 PM
jb
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

THANKS!!!!! Unlike some on this board, I was hoping you would say that.

You're welcome!
August 7th, 2005 07:15 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:

You're welcome!

Thanks again!!!
August 7th, 2005 07:15 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
You shall not be greeted!!!!

awwww ... i was game for a beer in Charlotte, man.

August 7th, 2005 07:22 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

awwww ... i was game for a beer in Charlotte, man.

O.K.-I saw the new arena last week and it is 10 minutes from the Airport......and the show is sold out, so yes, I will greet you.
August 7th, 2005 07:27 PM
Poplar
I last saw the arena in July, and i think it looks sharp as hell. Whoever picked out that brick out to be given a nice little bonus once the thing is finished.

Plenty of bars 'round it too - and to think she'll be christened by the Stones (just like the football stadium was) ... fucking awesome.

i miss Charlotte sometimes.

August 8th, 2005 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I last saw the arena in July, and i think it looks sharp as hell. Whoever picked out that brick out to be given a nice little bonus once the thing is finished.

Plenty of bars 'round it too - and to think she'll be christened by the Stones (just like the football stadium was) ... fucking awesome.

i miss Charlotte sometimes.

I enjoyed Asheville...I would call it the "San-Franciso of the South". I also enjoyed visiting Dickey's sporting goods in Charlotte.
I do, however, feel bad for those who got great tickets for Durham, as that show is not selling that well, unlike Charlotte. Duke may be a phoned in performance.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)