ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has Ronnie Given up cigerettes? Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 4th, 2005 08:36 AM
exile I was listening to the keith interview on virgin radio
I heard that ronnies of the ciggies

is this true? I had no idea

by the way I mispelt cigarettes

[Edited by exile]
August 4th, 2005 09:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man Last year in an interview with the News Of The World, Ronnie claimed he was giving up smoking on St Patriccks Day. I guess he kept true to his promise.

Kerth is the only smoker left now. Although I'd imagine the smoking during televised interviews is an "image thing"
August 4th, 2005 09:33 AM
gimmekeef What does poor Ronnie have left...first he gave up the guitar, then drink now smokes....geeezzzzz...
August 4th, 2005 09:40 AM
blackandblue
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
What does poor Ronnie have left...first he gave up the guitar, then drink now smokes....geeezzzzz...

LOL he has left a couple of millions pounds!
August 4th, 2005 09:42 AM
Gazza He didnt smoke or drink at all during his show in London in March

He found it harder to give up cigarettes than alcohol, however
August 4th, 2005 09:51 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Booze is a tough one ............................

......I guess Heroin is even harder to quit but I wouldn't know as I have never tried the drug.

" Right Shoe Muffle Ronnie ?!?! "

Spurscee Joe !
August 4th, 2005 09:53 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
He didnt smoke or drink at all during his show in London in March

I saw Ronnie at the Shepard’s Bush Empire in 2001. I didn't notice that he was drinking, but he was completely trashed! Although I'm sure he had a few drunken moments on the Licks tour, I'm adamant that I saw the last TRUELY wasted Ronnie performance!

I can't remember how I first heard about this truely memorable gig. Was it you Gazza who tipped me off?
August 4th, 2005 10:58 AM
Gazza he drank wine throughout his show in Dublin a few days before the Shepherds Bush gig. It was quite funny....I was telling the girl standing next to me that apparently he was giving up booze and sorting himself out..and he walks onstage with a fag in his mouth and a glass of red wine in his hand, toasting the audience!!

and yes, it was me who texted you about the Drury Lane show.
August 4th, 2005 11:06 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

and yes, it was me who texted you about the Drury Lane show.

Oh I know that! That was only a few months ago!

I was refering to The Shepard's Bush gig. I can't remember how I found out about it
August 4th, 2005 04:48 PM
JaggerLips Keith said in the Virgin radio interview that Ronnie rips his nicotine patch off now and again and lights up.

LOL
August 4th, 2005 05:50 PM
pdog I just bought a box of patches...
Wish me luck!
August 4th, 2005 06:20 PM
exile Good luck

I have done it three times 'Cold Turkey' each time for 2 or three years then relapse.

currently not smoking
August 4th, 2005 06:38 PM
mac_daddy didnt he say he was only smoking organic smokes (ie: american spirit)..?

August 4th, 2005 06:43 PM
exile
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
didnt he say he was only smoking organic smokes (ie: american spirit)..?

are they the ones that only give you 'organic cancer'?
August 4th, 2005 06:47 PM
scratched I found the nicotine lozenges the most effective.

Well, not that effective as I always start smoking again after a few months!

I've heard from many sources that nicotine is just as hard, if not harder, to kick than heroin.

If only someone told me that before I started!

LOL!
August 4th, 2005 06:48 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
exile wrote:

are they the ones that only give you 'organic cancer'?

they dont have the perservatives and chemicals in them...

carcinogens from smoking still cause cancer, but the stuff being burned in organic smokes is markedly less toxic.
August 7th, 2005 03:39 AM
BrianJonesForever But has either of them quit smoking weed?
August 7th, 2005 09:51 AM
keefkid [quote]Joey wrote:

Booze is a tough one ............................

......I guess Heroin is even harder to quit but I wouldn't know as I have never tried the drug."

ahh noooo, for me anyway heroin was not harder, booze is very very hard and cigarettes are the hardest ...I think becuz they are both legal and all around, you dont go to a bar or something (not anymore anyway hahaha) and see people shootin' up all around you...plus there are ads and commericials all around about drinking & smoking, it is always right up front and it is very hard to stop thinking about it...

jus listen to Keef talk about cold turkey, he knows ...people who dont go on and on about how terrible and dangerous it is and painfull blah blah blah ya jus suck it up and do it - I musta done it 5-10 times before I finally quit - it is like having a bad case of the flu - chills, fever, body aches, etc - the thing that is hard is that ya know how to make it go away real quick ...
August 7th, 2005 09:55 AM
keefkid
quote:
exile wrote:
Good luck

I have done it three times 'Cold Turkey' each time for 2 or three years then relapse.

currently not smoking

hey jus keep tryin'...one day maybe it will take...jus get yourself away from everyone and everything that makes ya think about it..take some inspiration from Keef, that helped me quit...I was like, if he can do it, so can I, I dont need this shit...

how the f did you quit smoking??? I jus cant seem to do it, although I havent really tried very hard either...
August 7th, 2005 10:08 AM
lotsajizz 1 out of 6 people who drink will become alcoholics, 1 out of 6 people who toot blow will become coke addicts, 1 out of 6 people why try heroin become junkies, 1 out 2 people who smoke tobacco will become addicted

Now which substance is more soul destructive?
August 7th, 2005 10:34 AM
gimmekeef There have been reports from the rehearsals that Ronnie has left once or twice "bombed"....hope these are not true....
August 7th, 2005 11:26 AM
ListenToTheLion The title of this thread is wrong. It should have been:
Has Ronnie given up guitar playing?
August 7th, 2005 11:56 AM
T&A Ronnie was definitely smoking on Sept 2 2004 - at the SF Art Exchange event.
August 7th, 2005 12:30 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
1 out of 6 people who drink will become alcoholics, 1 out of 6 people who toot blow will become coke addicts, 1 out of 6 people why try heroin become junkies, 1 out 2 people who smoke tobacco will become addicted

Hey, you say that like it's a bad thing.
August 7th, 2005 12:41 PM
Monkey Woman "Habits I don't mind, it's addictions that piss me off." -- Keith
August 7th, 2005 12:42 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
"Habits I don't mind, it's addictions that piss me off." -- Keith

Who was addicted to heroin once again?
August 7th, 2005 12:47 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Who was addicted to heroin once again?

Well, that's the point, isn't it?
August 7th, 2005 05:59 PM
keefkid
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
1 out of 6 people who drink will become alcoholics, 1 out of 6 people who toot blow will become coke addicts, 1 out of 6 people why try heroin become junkies, 1 out 2 people who smoke tobacco will become addicted

Now which substance is more soul destructive?

have to tell you it is not all black and white, but many shades of grey...there is a fine line between jus chipping and addiction, you go back and forth wit it alot...I have used all of the above and much more, and probably been what someone would call "addicted" to all at one time or another...the problem comes when it becomes the most important thing in your life, only thing that has done that to me was heroin and at times alcohol...

ciggies are a pain in the ass and very hard to quit, but I would not call them "soul" destructive...especially when you compare them to things like heroin, which is completly soul destructive...

August 7th, 2005 06:25 PM
Poplar

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/29/eveningnews/main692101.shtml
August 7th, 2005 06:30 PM
BrianJonesForever I read that article, that lady was on meth, which is absolute poison to the body. Its made from drain cleaner and bleach. I'll take some nice buds over that crap any day.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)