ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mixing and overdubbing Primitive Cool
Right Track Studios, NYC - March 1987
Rob Verhorst
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No news on stuff; I wonder why? Return to archive
08-01-02 05:39 PM
Boomhauer Here are some of my opinions on why we have no news from the band:

1) They read these Stones boards and see the fans don't like only two new songs, and they are going to add some more.

2) They are thinking about which obscure songs they want to put on the album, and this is delaying the news.

3)They don't have a name for the tour yet.

4)Some say the domain name of 40licks.com or fortylicks.com is not underway and the website will be up soon, meaning the news will be saved until it is up.

5)They are going to surprise us and put out a new studio album, and Bob Clearmountain is finishing it up (yeah right, but they did do more than two songs, right?).

6)They can't decide which new song will be the single.

I saw that U2 has already reported that they are going to put out a single in October, which will be on their second "best of" release in November. Personally I don't care about U2, but the Stones haven't even said when a single will come out and what the name of it is.

Also U2 is putting out a DVD of their videos. I think the stones should consider this, also.
08-01-02 06:35 PM
T&A The most likely reason is that the information isn't finalized yet - probably 'cos they don't know which "new old" tunes to toss on it to appease the die-hards who may not buy the album for just two new tracks. No, I don't believe they finished any more than just the two - and I'm pretty sure they know which one is the single (hint: it ain't the Keith ballad).

I imagine they'll try to get the single out around labor day so that folks will hear it while the tour gets started. But, I believe it's more likely the album won't be out until late in September at the earliest.
08-01-02 07:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here's a novel idea...

Maybe there isn't any news because THERE ISN'T ANY NEWS to break!

They simply recorded 2 new songs to go on a greatest hits set....that's it. That's all there is.

Wishing it was different doesn't make it so.
08-01-02 09:13 PM
Boomhauer OK. Ummm, well, hmmmmm....... I think I'm just trying to get something. Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait, right Sir?
08-01-02 09:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yup. Just ride it out my boy.

Whatever is going to be will happen in good time...soon, even. The tour kicks of in just about a month!

Time marches on....and waits for no one.
08-02-02 01:39 AM
Rescued I was listening to WXRT in Chicago this evening. After playing Midnight Rambler the DJ reported that they expect to have a new Stones song on the air before the end of August. He also reported that the greatest hits package is indeed entitled 40 Licks, and that the number of new tracks included still has not been finalized. This is one of the major rock stations in the city - and one of the few commercial ones that plays a lot of Stones alongside "Modern Rock" artists. They have a good relationship with the Stones and usually get stuff early. They had Bridges to Babylon 2-3 weeks before official release. Their Stones news is usually credible.
08-02-02 08:43 AM
Mr T aww damn - 40 LICKS? I hate that title. I'm probably gonna wind up putting a big piece of masking tape over the cover & just write "Warhorses" -I hope that's not true - radio lies every now & the - and besides - nothings set in stone til it hits shelves
08-02-02 05:19 PM
Boomhauer Yeah, I think 40 Licks or War Horses sound good.

I'm just wondering when the new site is going to come up. I saw on Stonesdoug board that the domain 40licks.com is gonna be used. One month away from the tour tomorrow. It's gotta be coming up soon (also the single).

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road