ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mixing and overdubbing Primitive Cool
Right Track Studios, NYC - March 1987
Rob Verhorst
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Herald: Jagger finishes vacation out of Vineyard spotlight Return to archive
08-01-02 10:35 AM
sandrew Jagger finishes vacation out of Vineyard spotlight

by Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Thursday, August 1, 2002

Rolling Stone Mick Jagger rolled off The Rock yesterday after a week of fun in the sun in Chilmark and Edgartown, where Mr. Jumpin' Jack Flash managed to fly below the celeb-spotters' radar screens - but not the Track's!

According to our Vineyard spies, Mick played tennis, tanned and even went for a daily jog - unrecognized - on crammed State Beach during his island holiday.

``He loves the Vineyard,'' said one F.O.M. ``He really just wanted to kick back and relax before the band starts their tour because it's going to be grueling.''

Jagger holed up in a pal's Chilmark digs but also spent some time aboard a lux yacht in Edgartown Harbor during his island holiday. He arrived and departed alone but hung out with main man Keith Richards, who was also on The Rock. Mick's kids were back and forth from New York to see dad and Wild Horses couldn't keep ex-wife Jerry Hall away. She popped in for a day and a half.

It is with Mixed Emotions that we tell you that Mick's vacation itinerary was more suited to a rich retiree than randy rocker. He spent most of his time on the homefront - where a private chef whipped up health food for all his meals, never sampling any of the island's chi-chi bistros.

Well, Time Waits for No One and Mick's not getting any younger. But the health food and jogging are apparently part of the pre-concert conditioning program. The Stones' 40th anniversary tour kicks off Sept. 3 at the FleetCenter.

Jagger did venture out in public to do some window shopping in Vineyard Haven and reportedly caught Cambridge funnyman Lenny Clarke's stand-up routine at the Hot Tin Roof.

But he went unrecognized when he took his daily constitutional on the beach between Edgartown and Oak Bluffs.

``He tied back his hair in a bandanna, wore glasses and put his head down,'' said our spy. ``Nobody knew it was him.''

Jagger flew out to New York yesterday and reportedly planned to take in Bruce Springsteen's taping for ``Late Night with David Letterman'' today. But don't be Shattered. We hear Jagger's Vineyard vacation will Not Fade Away. He's coming back to The Rock before the band begins practice sessions at the FleetCenter.

``He has to,'' said our spy, ``his stuff's all here.''

Hurry back, Mick. We Miss You.

08-01-02 11:08 AM
mattb He must be flying back and forth from Toronto since he's been there all week too.
08-01-02 03:04 PM
sandrew I'm glad Mick is going to check out Springsteen tonight at the Letterman show. Bruce is on top of his game and has a hot new single - maybe it'll inspire Mick to aspire to a little one-upmanship.
08-01-02 04:01 PM
Joey "I'm glad Mick is going to check out Springsteen tonight at the Letterman show. Bruce is on top of his game and has a hot new single - maybe it'll inspire Mick to aspire to a little one-upmanship. "

Screw that ...............he should take in one of " THE WHO " concerts at MSG . Then he can REALLY Sh## his pants , bring back Mick Taylor , and show everyone " Who's Boss "

Hey , " Who's Boss " , I like that -- a real Joey original .....................

I am so proud that I will take the rest of the day off !

Roll my Rolling Stones !

Bunny !

08-01-02 08:18 PM
Gazza Springsteen is actually on Letterman TWO nights running (Thursday & Friday)
08-01-02 10:10 PM
Martha Screw that ...............he should take in one of " THE WHO " concerts at MSG . Then he can REALLY Sh## his pants , bring back Mick Taylor , and show everyone " Who's Boss "

Joey, I LOVE how you never let up on the Mick Taylor hope...not for a minute...and all the kudos you keep sending Pete and Roger and crew is appreciated by this WHO fan. Are you seeing them this tour?

I am come hell or high water...or whatever else might crop up at the last minute.
08-01-02 10:18 PM
gypsy I think the Who should give a free concert for the miners and the governor of Pennsylvania...because the governor missed the concert to stay there during the entire rescue mission. I think that would be really nice of the Who...
08-01-02 10:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Gov.s kids saw the Camden show without him. But from what I heard, he showed up at the show that FPM & I saw at Hershey. Choppered in from Johnstown.

Wasn't that rescue amazing? I can't even imagine what that must have been like, trapped like a mummy in a tomb.

I'm not a very religious man. But when stuff like that happens, it makes you wonder.

And just so you know...Pennsylvanians KICK ASS!
08-01-02 11:16 PM
gypsy It was amazing to watch that rescue! Especially after all of the horrific news of child abductions/rapes/murders. It was truly a miracle. Also, I was very happy to hear that the two teenage girls were found alive today, after being kidnapped last night.
[Edited by gypsy]
08-02-02 07:40 AM
mattb I don't think musicians should be obligated to keep giving free performances every time someone has some calamity. Life sucks at some point for most of us. Suck it up and live on.
08-02-02 08:16 AM
Maxlugar I hate when writers load up aticles with stupid song references.

But I can still be friends with him.

"Love lights up a room. Turn up the lights!" - Maxlugar 8/2/02.

Thanks,

H.R. Puffin Max!
08-02-02 09:34 AM
Joey "I hate when writers load up aticles with stupid song references.

But I can still be friends with him.

"Love lights up a room. Turn up the lights!" - Maxlugar 8/2/02. "

Maxy , your recent " Pet - Like " demeanor around here has left me quite visibly shaken to the core . I want my old , nasty , astringent , acerbic , vitriolic , caustic , East Coast , NYC edginess Maxy back - NOW !

" Help Me Ronnie "

H.R. Puffin Joe

08-02-02 10:07 AM
Maxlugar "Maxy , your recent " Pet - Like " demeanor around here has left me quite visibly shaken to the core . I want my old , nasty , astringent , acerbic , vitriolic , caustic , East Coast , NYC edginess Maxy back - NOW !"

Oh thank you Joey!

You are a delight to read. You fill my Rolling Stones world.

Have you seen The Deux (as I call them now) yet? I hope you have a great time.

"Making friends is sweet like pastry. Lets bake a cake!" - Maxlugar 8/2/02

J.R.R. Tolkmaxy!
08-02-02 10:18 AM
Joey "Have you seen The Deux (as I call them now) yet? I hope you have a great time. "

Maxy ??????????? What are you doing tonight ????? Saturday night ?????????????? Do you want to go and see " The Two " with me at MSG . There are still some tickets available for both shows , but I bet scalpers will be outside the venue with better seats ( Your young Joey has heard horror stories about NYC scalpers tough , I guess they are nothing like Chicago scalpers who really are pretty tame ) .

" MSG Me Tonight Ronnie "

H.R. Puffin Joe

08-02-02 11:20 AM
Maxlugar Joey!

I would love to!

But I'm afraid I have "Group" that night.

I'm very close to a major breakthrough. Things feel, well.....different.

Lets just say I love more than ever and things are looking up, old friend.

Do you like stuffed animals? I am sending you a Care Bear. It'll be there for Aragon.

Hold tight pal.

WW and the Dixie Maxskins! (Maxikins, C10)
08-02-02 11:38 AM
Joey "Do you like stuffed animals? I am sending you a Care Bear. It'll be there for Aragon.

Hold tight pal.

WW and the Dixie Maxskins! (Maxikins, C10) "

You make Joey scared ...............

You sound a lot like Keith Moon in the L.A. Mental Hospital circa 1977 . He made a small little table at the " clinic " and was just proud as punch . He showed the table to some of his friends and revealed that he had a centerfold pasted up on the underneath of it ....................He then said , " They still ain't got me yet " .

Your young Joey didn't know whether to laugh or cry and I just can't bear to think of you that way .

" I go to Clinics Ronnie "

H.R. Puffin Joe

08-04-02 03:28 PM
WahWahWoody How can Mick spend a week in the Vineyards and- at the same time- rehearse in Toronto every night???
08-04-02 11:41 PM
BILL PERKS MAXY AND JOEY,WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH YOU TWO?I MUST SAY I APPRECIATE YOUR NOODLINGS MORE THAN THESE INSIPID POSTINGS BY OTHERS.IS GROUP HELPING?I'LL GIVE YOU A TOPIC,DIRTY WORK WAS A MASTERPIECE MISUNDERSTOOD BY THE LAYMAN OF THE WORLD.DISCUSS!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road