ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
Š ˙˙Alphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones archive/Fort Knox Return to archive
6th August 2006 11:57 AM
Mel Belli Springsteen manager Jon Landau told an Australian interviewer: "We have been paying more attention to the video archives. I think we're now on a track where, in between releases, we're going to find more and more ways of releasing stuff of Bruce's. We should get a lot of stuff out."

Why, why, can't the Stones do something similar? Why the permanent lock and key? Will we have to wait until the principals are all dead?
6th August 2006 12:00 PM
gimmekeef Mel...I have read that Mick seems very much against even looking into the vaults..so we wait...one can only imagine the buried treasures that are locked away...I'd kill to be given the job of assembling that stuff for distribution!
6th August 2006 01:03 PM
Fiji Joe Honestly, I think we may have already heard all the buried treasures...the stuff worth listening to anyway
6th August 2006 01:04 PM
_Boomy_ Word.
6th August 2006 06:38 PM
FrankiePeppers Mick probably put in his will that even his heirs cannot release material from the vault.
7th August 2006 07:38 AM
Coming Down Again It's been said before but as long as they are touring with the current "high energy" stage show they aren't going to release older stuff and invite comparisions between the past and present. If they continue on and go out and sit down on stage...maybe do a blues thing...they might release some of that stuff.

Ultimately, I think they view the vaults the way that most people would view their pension. They've worked for years and that past work will continue to bring them a lesser amount of money on into their golden years.
7th August 2006 09:38 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Springsteen manager Jon Landau told an Australian interviewer: "We have been paying more attention to the video archives. I think we're now on a track where, in between releases, we're going to find more and more ways of releasing stuff of Bruce's. We should get a lot of stuff out."

Why, why, can't the Stones do something similar? Why the permanent lock and key? Will we have to wait until the principals are all dead?

This has more to do with the ridiculous contract Sony signed Bruce to than anything else. They have to give Sony something. I give them credit for the Hammersmith thing as a decent start but even there they milked it for a boxset and then a separate audio release. Let's see them pull Winterland out of their asses and then we'll talk about frickin' Landau.
7th August 2006 10:21 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

This has more to do with the ridiculous contract Sony signed Bruce to than anything else. They have to give Sony something. I give them credit for the Hammersmith thing as a decent start but even there they milked it for a boxset and then a separate audio release. Let's see them pull Winterland out of their asses and then we'll talk about frickin' Landau.

Is Winterland on torrent somewhere?
7th August 2006 10:33 AM
Saint Sway "Rarities" was a die-fans dream come true!

I waited many years for them to purge the vaults for the live El Mocombo version of "Mannish Boy"
7th August 2006 10:35 AM
glencar Howe much more stuff could be in the vaults that people haven't already downloaded?
7th August 2006 10:40 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Is Winterland on torrent somewhere?

No, not video. The audio bootleg of this show is incredible and the video is considered to be the holy grail if it exists. The closest may be the Largo show which in itself is great but pales in comparison to Winterland. With the opening of the Wolfgang's Vault material the expectations have been even greater.
7th August 2006 11:18 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

No, not video. The audio bootleg of this show is incredible and the video is considered to be the holy grail if it exists. The closest may be the Largo show which in itself is great but pales in comparison to Winterland. With the opening of the Wolfgang's Vault material the expectations have been even greater.

Passaic from the same tour is also a great show - and it's to be found on DVD (tho in black&white).
But the word is that the main contender for an official release is the 8/7 Phoneix show (from which the official Rosalita video is taken) - the entire show was professionally filmed.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)