ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
© ÿÿAlphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bizzare Brian Souvenir On E-bay Return to archive
4th August 2006 05:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man Someone posted this link over on the Tell Me board. It looks to me like a souvenir prayer sheet, perhaps given away at his funeral. What’s everyone else think? If genuine, it’s certainly a memento I wouldn’t be giving away, no matter how much I could make.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ROLLING-STONES-BRIAN-JONES-ORIG-STERBEBILD-SELTEN_W0QQitemZ260015984198QQihZ016QQcategoryZ52057QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
4th August 2006 08:06 PM
GhostofBrianJones I have seen those on there a few times. I guess they think someone will buy
them for the souvenior factor and for the one of a kind item. Apparently
the person selling it does not consider it a meaningful item. Personally I
would not buy it. Who needs something like that as a reminder anyway.
4th August 2006 08:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man So, you've seen them on there before? Are they from his funeral? If they were, I wouldn’t of thought there would be many about as surely only so many would've been printed in the first place and besides, surely many have been lost or misplaced. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a fake. I still think it’s bizarre to see such a thing foe sale though!
4th August 2006 09:06 PM
glencar There are many sickos who won't let Brian rest in peace. There was 1 moron who was shilling pool tiles & another who wanted to get a petition to dig up his body. There's no concern for his family's feelings from those assholes.
4th August 2006 09:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
There are many sickos who won't let Brian rest in peace. There was 1 moron who was shilling pool tiles & another who wanted to get a petition to dig up his body. There's no concern for his family's feelings from those assholes.

Too true Blue. Then you also have the other Brian freaks that would have everyone believe that Brian was some kind of rock and roll Messiah.

Brian was a great talent for a short period of time,and then he managed to fuck that up. Just as he managed to fuck up almost every relationship(friend,lover,or otherwise) he ever had. Bottom line is the guy was an asshole who beat women and left his children holding an empty bag. All this goddamn Brian worship is funny to see. It only proves that the ones doing all the worshiping know next to nothing about their chosen idol.

I loved his contributions to the band while they lasted. Respect as a human being? Never gonna happen on my end.

Riffy
4th August 2006 09:25 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Maybe it's Bill Wyman selling these. He was at the funeral. Who knows? Maybe he needs the cash.
4th August 2006 09:27 PM
glencar LOL
4th August 2006 09:28 PM
Kilroy It is a sorry world we live in Mr. Jones.
[Edited by Kilroy]
5th August 2006 07:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Too true Blue. Then you also have the other Brian freaks that would have everyone believe that Brian was some kind of rock and roll Messiah.

Brian was a great talent for a short period of time,and then he managed to fuck that up. Just as he managed to fuck up almost every relationship(friend,lover,or otherwise) he ever had. Bottom line is the guy was an asshole who beat women and left his children holding an empty bag. All this goddamn Brian worship is funny to see. It only proves that the ones doing all the worshiping know next to nothing about their chosen idol.
Riffy

Brian freaks? Who exactly? I've never come across one here. I'm across those who like looking at photos and discussing the mystery surrounding his death. Christ, there has even just been a film about it. There’s a big difference between paying an interest and proclaiming him to be a "messiah"

At the end of the day, yeah, he was probably a right bastard, but an interesting one, no?
5th August 2006 08:30 AM
Madafaka ... No comments...
5th August 2006 10:35 AM
glencar
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Brian freaks? Who exactly? I've never come across one here. I'm across those who like looking at photos and discussing the mystery surrounding his death. Christ, there has even just been a film about it. There’s a big difference between paying an interest and proclaiming him to be a "messiah"

At the end of the day, yeah, he was probably a right bastard, but an interesting one, no?

There was a poster here who wanted to get a petition done so BJ's remains could be dug up. His pool tiles were bought & sold by some posters here & on another board. That's downright creepy.
5th August 2006 10:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
There was a poster here who wanted to get a petition done so BJ's remains could be dug up. His pool tiles were bought & sold by some posters here & on another board. That's downright creepy.

Agreed. That’s very creepy, but people need to differentiate between the plain wacky and those who loved him in the 60's and are just looking back out of nostalgia. I mean, is it okay to be a Brian fan? Riffhard's comments may of been on the mark in regards to some of the obsessive, but most fans I know of who site him as their favourite just do so because they thought he looked the coolest etc.
5th August 2006 11:01 AM
glencar Yeah the ones who are creepily obsessive are the ones to be wary of. He certainly was the coolest looking back then.
5th August 2006 11:01 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Agreed. That’s very creepy, but people need to differentiate between the plain wacky and those who loved him in the 60's and are just looking back out of nostalgia. I mean, is it okay to be a Brian fan? Riffhard's comments may of been on the mark in regards to some of the obsessive, but most fans I know of who site him as their favourite just do so because they thought he looked the coolest etc.

I know. I look up to Brian for his brilliance and intelligence and not the way he looked physically.
5th August 2006 11:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

I know. I look up to Brian for his brilliance and intelligence and not the way he looked physically.

That’s fair enough. I like Brian because I think he dressed the coolest back then. Those snaps of him on Friday Night At The London Palladium in '67 say it all. He probably was the most intelligent; he was certainly the most well spoken. There’s nothing wrong with looking back and fancying him though. Many of those who gush at him over on the Brian threads are purely looking back to a time when they were young and had pictures of him on their wall. It’s harmless.
5th August 2006 11:27 AM
glencar I enjoy those Brian threads too & I certainly didn't ahve that particular poster in mind. I was thinking of people like Mizz U & others.
5th August 2006 11:32 AM
Fiji Joe I doubt that's an original..hence the blurry photo...in any event, it would be so easy to print those up on your own and sell them as originals...Starbuck cold make a mint selling fakes
5th August 2006 02:32 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
There are many sickos who won't let Brian rest in peace. There was 1 moron who was shilling pool tiles & another who wanted to get a petition to dig up his body. There's no concern for his family's feelings from those assholes.

I know. It's sick.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)