ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
Š ˙˙Alphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones charge their own support band Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th August 2006 11:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Feej, it is an honor to know you

Likewise...your kindness is second only to your beauty
5th August 2006 12:42 AM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:
How about you refund us 10.00 for every missed verse, wrong chord, or out of tune solo? I'm sure you'd sell more tickets.

funny
5th August 2006 09:38 AM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Like I said...a piss poor publicity stunt...they were wrong even if they were right

So the story was 100% bullshit but people on this thread freakout, get panicky and can't sleep at night?

People on this board complain more than a jewish wife

5th August 2006 10:20 AM
glencar Unbelievable! Where are all those who knocked the Stones about this? Where are those yentas?
5th August 2006 10:29 AM
telecaster I will never figure it out Glenny. People on this board spend so much time and energy being pissed at The Stones.
Can you also explain to me why someone would get upset about a setlist of a show they aren't even at?

"04/08/06
Rolling Stones
We are sorry for the comments made concerning Rolling Stones ticket prices. We now realise Kasabian as a support band do not have to pay to see the Rolling Stones perform.

We are incredibly honoured and excited to be supporting the Stones on some of their European dates - it's like a dream come true for all of us."

http://www.kasabian.co.uk/news/256/
5th August 2006 10:33 AM
glencar Indeed. Why even post about them anymore?
5th August 2006 11:12 AM
throbby With all due respect Telecaster, and forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking that a few of the "whiners" on this board spent more time, energy, and money on the Stones this tour than you.

I'm not one for ridiculous complaining, but I think some of it is quite justified. The hardcore fans want to get close at the shows. The Stones know this and raise those ticket prices up between 55% and 565%. You want first 15-20 row you need to buy a "hot seat package, price level 1". Good B-stage tickets that sold for 160.00 last fall are now being sold as "hot seats, price level 2" for 350.00. Top tier "on stage seating" was 75.00 last fall, now selling for 500. Being in business I know that if I want to raise the price of my product to that degree I better be delivering the goods in spades, and my product better be much improved.

Maybe "Jewish wives" whine because "they've got their facts learned real good".
5th August 2006 11:17 AM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
With all due respect Telecaster, and forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking that a few of the "whiners" on this board spent more time, energy, and money on the Stones this tour than you.

I'm not one for ridiculous complaining, but I think some of it is quite justified. The hardcore fans want to get close at the shows. The Stones know this and raise those ticket prices up between 55% and 565%. You want first 15-20 row you need to buy a "hot seat package, price level 1". Good B-stage tickets that sold for 160.00 last fall are now being sold as "hot seats, price level 2" for 350.00. Top tier "on stage seating" was 75.00 last fall, now selling for 500. Being in business I know that if I want to raise the price of my product to that degree I better be delivering the goods in spades, and my product better be much improved.

I'm one of the yentas.

Sorry..I'm a bit disillusioned. And for ME to say that...you know it's serious.

throbby...you have such a knack for getting your point across without offending. I admire that.

LJ.
5th August 2006 11:25 AM
glencar I certainly didn't have you 2 in mind when I made the comments I made. I'm thinking of folks like Sway & others who latch onto any negative story about the Stones & give us those "tsk tsk" posts. I too am disappointed in some aspects of this upcoming tour but I believe it'll be the last time & I plan to enjoy what I see!
5th August 2006 11:26 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'm one of the yentas.

Sorry..I'm a bit disillusioned. And for ME to say that...you know it's serious.

throbby...you have such a knack for getting your point across without offending. I admire that.

LJ.

That's because he's handsome...us ugly guys gotta get straight to the point before the listener becomes distracted by our lack of symmetry
5th August 2006 11:39 AM
telecaster
quote:
throbby wrote:
With all due respect Telecaster, and forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking that a few of the "whiners" on this board spent more time, energy, and money on the Stones this tour than you.

Actually this thread was about The Stones charging the opening act which turns out was 100% wrong. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon to bash The Stones when the story was false

If someone is spending more time, energy and money, it is because someone must think it is worth it. Someone does as those seats will be filled. Free market

I guess my point was I don't understand the people who would never pay more than $75 for a ticket bitching because $600 tickets are available for those that want them
These people wouldn't go to their jobs for 30% of what they are worth but expect The Stones to

I agree some of it is justified like joining some stupid club to buy a ticket

5th August 2006 11:44 AM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:
I certainly didn't have you 2 in mind when I made the comments I made. I'm thinking of folks like Sway & others who latch onto any negative story about the Stones & give us those "tsk tsk" posts.

Same for me

It isn't the hard core fans like LJ or Throbby, it is the complainers who say they will never see them again but spend the time, energy and effort to complain and make sure we all know they will never see them again

5th August 2006 07:53 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Same for me

It isn't the hard core fans like LJ or Throbby, it is the complainers who say they will never see them again but spend the time, energy and effort to complain and make sure we all know they will never see them again

You were smart to not see them last year, you will enjoy the show... I saw them enough, and can't recapture the excitemnt... The money is secondary, b/c I can afford to spend as much as last year. If it was something different, I could possibly get excited...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)