ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
Š ˙˙Alphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones charge their own support band Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th August 2006 03:35 PM
Some Guy Kanye West wants to charge the Stones to watch him open.
4th August 2006 03:40 PM
Jair
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm going to Kasabian's site and buy a bunch of stuff from them.

Alot? HOW alot?????????????
Can you send me some???????
Thanks!

Check PM for my postal address, if you please...
4th August 2006 03:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Jair wrote:

Alot? HOW alot?????????????
Can you send me some???????
Thanks!

Check PM for my postal address, if you please...

did you shave?
4th August 2006 04:11 PM
Egbert
quote:
gorda wrote:
I saw this MTV thing on Kasbian, and frankly, I was not impressed.

The lead singer, an Asian guy, would go into these full blown rages. (I mean an occasional temper-tantrum is cute, but this guy was crazy!) He and another guitarist got into a fist fight on stage!

And, then, they were jealous of this other band, because they had a tour bus and roadies to carry all their equipment. Kasbian, on the other hand, had to carry their own instruments and drove around in a beat up van!

They should be happy to be playing with the Stones!
[Edited by gorda]

Other than the lead singer being Asian, sounds like that "Dig" movie.
4th August 2006 04:20 PM
Fiji Joe Geez what a bunch of cryers...you guys have thrown tons o' money at the Stones and you're worried about Kasabian having to buy a seat after the Stones are paying them to play?...where's our free tix?...I've put a hell of a lot more money in Mick Jagger's pocket then these yahoos ever will...if they don't like it...they don't have to play...publicity ploy...plain and simple
4th August 2006 04:23 PM
Saint Sway Fij
I dont think anyones shedding a tear for Kasabian. Its more a matter of disgust at how greedy they are. Its just silly and unheard of to charge the support act tickets.
4th August 2006 04:31 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Fij
I dont think anyones shedding a tear for Kasabian. Its more a matter of disgust at how greedy they are. Its just silly and unheard of to charge the support act tickets.

I don't disagree...but who brings this out in the public eye unless they're looking for publicity?...you don't think this could have been handled over the phone?...I'm sure it was an error...aren't you?...and these guys are getting their name out there at the expense of the Stones...making them look greedier than they are...even got the diehards buying it
4th August 2006 04:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I don't disagree...but who brings this out in the public eye unless they're looking for publicity?...you don't think this could have been handled over the phone?...I'm sure it was an error...aren't you?...and these guys are getting their name out there at the expense of the Stones...making them look greedier than they are...even got the diehards buying it

they did call them and the Stones reversed the charges.
4th August 2006 04:33 PM
Saint Sway its a publicity move, no doubt. And a good one at that.

but they're not making the stones look any greedier than they actually are.

Stones are greedy. Fact. Theres no arguing it.

Kasabians using it for press. Good for them. Its still a classless move from the Stones camp.
4th August 2006 04:35 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Right on!

If I were Jagger I'd kick their ass to the curb..and I would say there's a good chance that will happen...what shows are they scheduled for?
4th August 2006 04:35 PM
Some Guy Kanye West gets in free bee yaatch!
4th August 2006 04:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Kanye West gets in free bee yaatch!

but his 80 man posse has to sit in the bleachers
4th August 2006 04:37 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
its a publicity move, no doubt. And a good one at that.

but they're not making the stones look any greedier than they actually are.

Stones are greedy. Fact. Theres no arguing it.

Kasabians using it for press. Good for them. Its still a classless move from the Stones camp.

That's just it...these yahoos know damn well the Stones did not set this policy and that the Stones have no idea about it...yet they're busting their balls in public just to get their name out there...as you said, it makes the Stones look classless...which is different than greedy...and not deserving...the Stones have a pretty good hisotry of helping other artists
4th August 2006 04:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
the Stones have a pretty good hisotry of helping other artists

really?
4th August 2006 04:48 PM
Dan
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That's just it...these yahoos know damn well the Stones did not set this policy and that the Stones have no idea about it...yet they're busting their balls in public just to get their name out there...as you said, it makes the Stones look classless...which is different than greedy...and not deserving...the Stones have a pretty good hisotry of helping other artists

The Stones have had a no free ticket policy since about 1975. I am pretty sure they know about it.
4th August 2006 04:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Dan wrote:

The Stones have had a no free ticket policy since about 1975. I am pretty sure they know about it.

Well...if that's the case..who does Kasabian think they are?...Aerosmith?
4th August 2006 04:56 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

really?

Yeah...really...
4th August 2006 04:56 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Dan wrote:

Kanye will not be pleased.
4th August 2006 05:03 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Yes - now they are getting the $750 Golden Shower tickets
4th August 2006 05:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Yes - now they are getting the $750 Golden Shower tickets

nosebleed
4th August 2006 05:07 PM
Dan Aren't these 2 shows in fields? Not sure whats stopping them from using their laminates and just walking in. Unless they are looking for some sort of VIP experience.
4th August 2006 07:00 PM
Poison Dart Nothing says rock and roll more than charging your support band the price of a ticket.

What douchebags
4th August 2006 07:20 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Kasabian get Stoned off

He added: "It's probably Americans who are running it, not Jagger. And Richards isn't going to know what's fucking going on, is he?

LOL! It's those goddamn Americans again!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
4th August 2006 09:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The funny thing is...Kasabian's last album outsold ABB 10 fold!!!

It's actually a pretty good album...
4th August 2006 09:46 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
gorda wrote:
I saw this MTV thing on Kasbian, and frankly, I was not impressed.

The lead singer would go into these full blown rages. (I mean an occasional temper-tantrum is cute, but this guy was crazy!) He and another guitarist got into a fist fight on stage!
[Edited by gorda]

Let's see. Band starts with a "K" but it's not "Kasabian." Singer gets in fist fight with guitarist on stage. Oh wait, I know: the Kinks!
4th August 2006 10:00 PM
gorda IT WAS ALL A NASTY RUMOUR!

IT WAS NOT TRUE!

CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.kasabian.co.uk/news/?id=256

My poor, sweet, beautiful Micky!
[Edited by gorda]
4th August 2006 10:01 PM
glencar These guys suck.
4th August 2006 10:04 PM
Fiji Joe Like I said...a piss poor publicity stunt...they were wrong even if they were right
4th August 2006 10:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Like I said...a piss poor publicity stunt...they were wrong even if they were right

Feej, it is an honor to know you
4th August 2006 10:21 PM
glencar No one ever says that about Sway, do they?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)