ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
© ÿÿAlphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones charge their own support band Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th August 2006 12:52 PM
Soldatti Kasabian get Stoned off

Kasabian are apparently furious that the Rolling Stones are going to charge them £150 each to watch them in concert - even though the Leicester-born rockers will be playing as their support act.

Reported in today's Daily Mirror, the band's singer, Tom Meighan, said he was outraged at the decision.

He said: "It's quite incredible. We're fucking supporting them! So if we get kicked off the stage we've got to buy a ticket, which is about 200 quid."

However, Meighan stated that he didn't blame the Stones personally for the decision, and was honoured to be playing with the 60s legends.

He added: "It's probably Americans who are running it, not Jagger. And Richards isn't going to know what's fucking going on, is he?

"It is a absolute honour you know, they're gods, ain't they?

"I mean Mick Jagger, Richards, it's just yeah... Shit like that blows your mind again, you know."

"It just happens so fast sometimes that I just don't know how to take it, but it's a wonderful thing, man."

Kasabian will be warming up for the Stones in Zurich tomorrow (Aug 5) as well as a date in Nice next week.

The band's new single "Empire" is currently at number 9 in the UK singles charts.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/stones%20charge%20their%20own%20support%20band_1004407
4th August 2006 12:53 PM
voodoopug outstanding! This will punish subpar acts for sucking! Also adds to tour gross....all hail COhl and son!
4th August 2006 12:55 PM
Some Guy sad.
4th August 2006 01:01 PM
Michael Cohl Mick and I just about pissed ourselves when we thought up this idea of charging the opening band. It started out as a joke then it became a reality, just like all my other wonderful ideas.
4th August 2006 01:05 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Michael Cohl wrote:
Mick and I just about pissed ourselves when we thought up this idea of charging the opening band. It started out as a joke then it became a reality, just like all my other wonderful ideas.

This is LOW, Cohl, even for YOU!!!!!!!

LJ.
4th August 2006 01:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
outstanding! This will punish subpar acts for sucking! Also adds to tour gross....all hail COhl and son!

charging bands to play... obviously you can relate to Kasabians woes!
4th August 2006 01:07 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

This is LOW, Cohl, even for YOU!!!!!!!

LJ.

Great PR move. Do they have to put a quarter in the porta potty too?
4th August 2006 01:07 PM
throbby How about you refund us 10.00 for every missed verse, wrong chord, or out of tune solo? I'm sure you'd sell more tickets.
4th August 2006 01:09 PM
Honky Tonk Man This is pretty unbelievable, but then again, what should we expect? It's the Stones. What a bunch egotistic money obsessed greedy bastards they are, or as that just their promoters?
4th August 2006 01:10 PM
Michael Cohl
quote:
throbby wrote:
How about you refund us 10.00 for every missed verse, wrong chord, or out of tune solo? I'm sure you'd sell more tickets.

I'm not familiar with the term "refund".
4th August 2006 01:25 PM
gimmekeef Based on the "mail em in" setlists...Mick& Keith should have to buy tickets in......
4th August 2006 01:27 PM
pdog Kasabian is a decent band! They should be told it's a Canadian doing this, not an American.
4th August 2006 01:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat During the Fall tour, they will charge the crew.
4th August 2006 01:33 PM
Jair Man, I'd rather believe its just a fucking news gossip.
It can't be true!!!
4th August 2006 01:44 PM
CraigP I, also, do not beleive this load of crap. Not one bit.

The opening acts gotta be paid!
4th August 2006 02:09 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I, also, do not beleive this load of crap. Not one bit.

I think you've misread it. The opening act is getting paid. That’s not the issue. The issue here is that if Kasabian WANT to watch the Stones, they HAVE to pay.
4th August 2006 02:16 PM
glencar Canadians are noted for being very cheap. Cohl is Canadian. End of story.
4th August 2006 02:18 PM
Dan
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I, also, do not beleive this load of crap. Not one bit.

Depends. Sometimes opening acts pay for their slot or at the very least touring expenses are paid for by the record company and charged against future earnings.
4th August 2006 02:29 PM
Saint Sway I read an article where some band (cant remember the name - but I saw them open for RS at the Carrier Dome on B2B Tour) anyway... the band said they never got to see the show and were ushered out afterwards and the closest they came to meeting the Stones was nearly being run over by their vans on thier way out of thee arena! LOL!
4th August 2006 02:33 PM
caro
quote:
"I mean Mick Jagger, Richards, it's just yeah... Shit like that blows your mind again, you know."

On the other hand, if someone made that kind of statement to me, I'd try to screw them too.
4th August 2006 02:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot They didn't make that statement until AFTER they got screwed.

Kasabian frequently cite The Stones as major influences.

To get shit on by your musical idols has got to hurt.

I know for a fact that Beck got free tix for himself, band, and crew @ Hershey.

I don't care how you cut it, this is fucking bullshit. Total lack of respect and humility.

The funny thing is...Kasabian's last album outsold ABB 10 fold!!!
4th August 2006 02:41 PM
gorda I saw this MTV thing on Kasbian, and frankly, I was not impressed.

The lead singer, an Asian guy, would go into these full blown rages. (I mean an occasional temper-tantrum is cute, but this guy was crazy!) He and another guitarist got into a fist fight on stage!

And, then, they were jealous of this other band, because they had a tour bus and roadies to carry all their equipment. Kasbian, on the other hand, had to carry their own instruments and drove around in a beat up van!

They should be happy to be playing with the Stones!

[Edited by gorda]
4th August 2006 02:42 PM
glencar That's a mark in their favor!
4th August 2006 02:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm going to Kasabian's site and buy a bunch of stuff from them.
4th August 2006 02:43 PM
Saint Sway the Stones personally invited The Black Crowes to watch the show from behind Keith's amp to the left of Charlies kit.

they've only extended that invitation to a select few artists

as Kanye West might say: "Respect yo. Respect."
4th August 2006 02:46 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
Canadians are noted for being very cheap. Cohl is Canadian. End of story.

Hey there!..I'm Canadian...and a Stones fan which means you cant be cheap....
4th August 2006 02:46 PM
glencar Not quite respect. Charlie had just farted & he loves shitting on hacks. They fit the profile.
4th August 2006 02:47 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Hey there!..I'm Canadian...and a Stones fan which means you cant be cheap....

LOL Just seeing if anyone's awake!
4th August 2006 02:47 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
gorda wrote:

The lead singer, an Asian guy, would go into these full blown rages. (I mean an occasional temper-tantrum is cute, but this guy was crazy!) He and another guitarist got into a fist fight on stage!

[Edited by gorda]

Sounds like some rock n' roll!
4th August 2006 03:12 PM
gorda Okay, I think I was confusing Kasabian with another band. Because I was looking at some pictures and this band does not have an Asian lead singer.

Anyways, there's this band with an Asian lead singer, like he's half Philipino or something, and their band starts with a K also.

I thought it was Kasabian!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)