ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
Š ˙˙Alphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: KEITH RICHARDS LEAD VOCALS?? Return to archive
2nd August 2006 05:33 PM
Unconcious Boy are there any known studio sessions, demos, or rehearsals of keith richards on lead vocals on any rolling stones songs or otherwise that do not appear officially on rolling stones or keith's solo albums??

heres a list of what ive heard with keith on vocals:
(mostly these songs are cover versions of 50's / early 60's rock n roll / r&b and some 60's honky tonk / baskerfield country)

1. keith's solo "run rudolph run" 1978 single,
2. canada studio sessions (1977)
3. longview,ma studio sessions (1981)
4. cabo san lucas honeymoon tapes (1983)
5. both solo albums
6. various songs - "sure the one you need", "we had it all", "let's go steady", "your angles step out of heaven", "cocaine",etc.

to my knowledge the only keith lead vocal that he sings on is "gimme shelter" as far as rolling stones songs...

but i have heard that around 9-10 other rolling stones songs feature keith on lead vocal such as "loving cup", "dead flowers", "parachute women" exist...

my question is is there any evidence of keith richards lead vocals on any rolling stones songs besides "gimme shelter" (excluding his lead vocal sung songs on the albums)??

and if so where can i find these recordings??

any help with be extremely useful!! cant find anything about this on the net...

2nd August 2006 07:44 PM
Daethgod i have a great version of Keef singing lead on Love Is Strong
2nd August 2006 08:09 PM
Gazza One of the discs on that bootleg (voodoo Stew or Voodoo Brew..cant recall which) contains Keith on vocals (although often its a rough vocal) on almost every song on Voodoo Lounge
3rd August 2006 12:46 AM
IanBillen [quote]Daethgod wrote:
i have a great version of Keef singing lead on Love Is Strong

Yeah,

That is great I have it too from Voodoo Box Set. Don Was's little chunk of change maker. Still, doesn't take away the fact that it is all great to hear though.

Ian
3rd August 2006 07:37 AM
corgi37 Took the words out of my mouth Daeth! LIS with Keef is ace.
3rd August 2006 09:02 AM
StickyFishFingers
quote:
Gazza wrote:
One of the discs on that bootleg (voodoo Stew or Voodoo Brew..cant recall which) contains Keith on vocals (although often its a rough vocal) on almost every song on Voodoo Lounge

yep it's voodoo stew. I love those voodoo boots.
3rd August 2006 09:04 AM
StickyFishFingers Unconcious, let me know if you want a copy of Voodoo Stew & I'll copy the discs and send them to you. leave your email details so i can contact you and get your postal info.
5th August 2006 11:45 PM
Unconcious Boy that would be great to get the stones voodoo stew boot!!

also what about any keith on lead vocals on any rolling stones songs from the 60's ,70's, or 80's that arent already on the official albums??

ive also got lots of cool items to trade..

email is [email protected]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)