ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
© ÿÿAlphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thanks Mel-we love you Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st August 2006 12:06 PM
jb http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm
1st August 2006 12:10 PM
sirmoonie He must have been drunk off his ass when he wrote that apology.
1st August 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
He must have been drunk off his ass when he wrote that apology.

Fuuny!!!!
1st August 2006 12:15 PM
Gazza no apology for the 'sugar tits' remark?
1st August 2006 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
no apology for the 'sugar tits' remark?

Sheena easton(one liitle hottie) had a song called "My sugar walls"!!!
1st August 2006 12:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

thats postin outside the bun.
Gazza that was about her vagina

No surprise really that Prince wrote it!
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:
no apology for the 'sugar tits' remark?

Why should he apologize? That was hilarious!
1st August 2006 12:22 PM
pdog Mel wants Jews to help him get sober! What a tool!
1st August 2006 12:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Why should he apologize? That was hilarious!

I know...LOL..I'm just surprised that in this day and age where everytime some celebrity fucks up (eg Hugh Grant, George Michael etc) they somehow have to go on some chat show to 'apologise' for it, that he hasnt called a press conference to explain himself.
[Edited by Gazza]
1st August 2006 12:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I know...LOL..I'm just surprised that in this day and age where everytime some celebrity fucks up (eg Hugh Grant, George Michael etc) they somehow have to go on some chat show to 'apologise' for it, that he hasnt called a press conference to explain himself.
[Edited by Gazza]

Pre-sales for his upcoming apology tour are slow!
1st August 2006 12:30 PM
jb And there are enough self-hating Jews to do it....Next thing you know he'll be on Baba Wawwa, and his career will never be hotter....
1st August 2006 12:31 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
And there are enough self-hating Jews to do it....Next thing you know he'll be on Baba Wawwa, and his career will never be hotter....

True!
1st August 2006 12:40 PM
the good He made an ass of himself. I actually found the whole incident to be very funny. He asked the cop if he was a Jew, and then called a woman sugar tits? That's funny shit. I hope he makes amends and gets the help he needs. If he does, he should be forgiven.
1st August 2006 12:42 PM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:
He made an ass of himself. I actually found the whole incident to be very funny. He asked the cop if he was a Jew, and then called a woman sugar tits? That's funny shit. I hope he makes amends and gets the help he needs. If he does, he should be forgiven.

He needs to forgive himself, only then will he find hope!
1st August 2006 12:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

He needs to forgive himself, only then will he find hope!

Exactlty, PDog. Let he who isn't sinning throw rocks at hoes. I mean, who amongst us hasn't got flat-bang ripped on tequila and blamed Jews for starting all the wars?
1st August 2006 01:06 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Exactlty, PDog. Let he who isn't sinning throw rocks at hoes. I mean, who amongst us hasn't got flat-bang ripped on tequila and blamed Jews for starting all the wars?

I don't even need to be loaded to be a complete jack-ass! Feels good sometimes to degrade a race of people, whether you mean it or not!
1st August 2006 02:36 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't even need to be loaded to be a complete jack-ass! Feels good sometimes to degrade a race of people, whether you mean it or not!

Jews are caucasian.
1st August 2006 02:38 PM
TampabayStone
quote:

Jews are caucasian.

What about Sammy Davis Jr.?
1st August 2006 02:41 PM
not bound to please
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

What about Sammy Davis Jr.?

he converted. if he had his mitochondrial dna tested when he was alive, who knows?
1st August 2006 02:47 PM
TampabayStone
quote:

he converted. if he had his mitochondrial dna tested when he was alive, who knows?

True, he was also a very talented performer who did not let his shortness or color stop him from being a great Jew.
1st August 2006 02:49 PM
not bound to please
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

True, he was also a very talented performer who did not let his shortness or color stop him from being a great Jew.

I love the Dean Martin Show infomercials.
1st August 2006 02:52 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

another miami vice connection... uh oh coker lays the boom down for fsu game.

screw mel!
1st August 2006 02:54 PM
TampabayStone
quote:

I love the Dean Martin Show infomercials.

I have only seen the celebrity roast ones--Good Stuff. People don't know how to party anymore. I do not care what anyone says Dean's hair was the real deal.
1st August 2006 03:27 PM
Black and Blue Here

Gibson asks for Jewish forgiveness, but TV show axed

By Jenny Booth and agencies

Mel Gibson has issued a lengthy apology to the Jewish community today asking for forgiveness over his anti-Semitic tirade during a drink driving episode and requesting a meeting with Jewish leaders "to discern the appropriate path for healing."

In a statement, which is now his second apology over the affair, the star says he is not a bigot, and hatred of any kind goes against his faith.

"There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark. I want to apologise specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested on a DUI charge," the statement read.

"The tenets of what I profess to believe necessitate that I exercise charity and tolerance as a way of life," it went on.

"Every human being is God’s child, and if I wish to honour my God I have to honour his children. But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith."

The Oscar-winning actor launched into the tirade after he was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving on the Pacific Coast highway in the early hours of Friday, allegedly doing 87mph with a part-drunk bottle of tequila in a brown paper bag on the back seat of his car.

It emerged today that the ABC television network has cancelled a mini-series about the Holocaust it was developing with Gibson, because of the confrontation.

The series was to have been based on a memoir about a Dutch Jew during the Second World War and made by Gibson's Icon Productions company, the Wall Street Journal reported today, quoting an unnamed ABC spokesman.

A spokesperson for ABC, which is owned by Walt Disney, confirmed that the project was being pulled, telling the paper that it had been two years and the network still had not seen a script. The spokesman declined to say whether the decision was motivated by Gibson's rant.

In today’s statement, Gibson also recounts how he has begun an ongoing programme of recover from his alcoholic tendencies - and it is something he says he cannot do alone.

"I am in the process of understanding where those vicious words came from during that drunken display, and I am asking the Jewish community, whom I have personally offended, to help me on my journey through recovery. Again, I am reaching out to the Jewish community for its help. I know there will be many in that community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed."

According to the arresting officer's original report, Gibson tried to escape when invited to sit in the back of the patrol car, and was belligerent and maudlin by turns, banging his head against a seat and bemoaning that his life was "f*****d". He also called a female officer "sugar tits".

"Mr Gibson almost continually threatened me, saying he 'owned Malibu' and will 'get even' with me," wrote Deputy James Mee, of the LA County Sheriff's Department.

"He blurted out a barrage of anti-Semitic remarks about 'f***ing Jews'. He called out, 'the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world'. He then asked: 'Are you a Jew?'

"His conduct concerned and frightened me to a point, I called ahead to the station requesting a sergeant meet the arrival of my patrol car."

On Saturday Gibson issued his first apology, denouncing the things he said as untrue and despicable, and revealing that he had suffered from alcoholism all his adult life. He has since checked into a rehabilitation clinic.

The actor-director, whose film The Passion of Christ was criticised for blaming the Jews for killing Jesus, holds strong conservative Catholic religious and political views.

Deputy Mee, who happens to be Jewish, told the AP news agency yesterday that he had considered it a routine arrest and did not take any comments made by Gibson seriously.

"I don’t take pride in hurting Mr Gibson," said Deputy Mee. "What I had hoped out of this is that he would think twice before he gets behind the wheel of a car and was drinking. I don’t want to ruin his career. I don’t want to defame him in any way or hurt him."

He would not comment specifically on what Gibson said. "That stuff is booze talking," the deputy said in an interview outside his home.

"There’s two things that booze does. It amplifies your basic personality. If you are a laid-back kind of person, just an easy going kind of person, booze is going to amplify that and you’ll be just sitting around going how it’s a wonderful day. But, if you are high-strung person, it’s going to amplify that and all the bad things are going to come out."

The actor's early apology appears so far to have limited the damage to his Hollywood career, despite the ABC move.

Disney’s movie studio arm still plans to release Gibson’s self-financed Mayan-language film Apocalypto in December, Hollywood’s trade papers reported, and Slate.com, a movie industry website, quoted Oren Aviv, the Walt Disney Studios president, as saying that he accepted Gibson’s apology.

"The incident was a horrible, horrible blow to his public image," said Peter Montoya, a public image consultant. He remained optimistic, however, that Gibson can prevail.

"I don’t foresee that spinning out of control, like Tom Cruise, or Nick Nolte. I think it’s going to fade away. The basic rules when you’re a public figure and you make a mistake: you apologise, you apologise early. I think he did that, he apologised, himself. He did the right thing so far and I think he’s going to do more in the coming months."
[Edited by Black and Blue]
1st August 2006 06:01 PM
glencar Mel, never compalin; never explain. He should just man up & ignore the controversial statements. Clearly he's an anti-semite so what's all this apologizing going to do for him - or us? Let it go Mel & just bang out some more great films. Don't call Spielberg though - he's Jewish & his stuff is sappy.
1st August 2006 06:47 PM
pdog
quote:

Jews are caucasian.

And white people really aren't. Those great mountains are where my people are from... I may be the only real caucasion some people ever meet, ironically, I'm black by choice... Smoke Kools and father many children with different women!

1st August 2006 06:47 PM
glencar Only a crazy man would be black by choice!
1st August 2006 06:57 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only a crazy man would be black by choice!

1st August 2006 07:09 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:

quoting sheena easton mtv video vixen? i don't think she was speakin of the top deck.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)