ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hunter Kelly, son of QB Jim Kelly, dies Return to archive
August 6th, 2005 02:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Hunter Kelly, son of QB Jim Kelly, dies
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Hunter Kelly, whose battle with a nervous system disease inspired the charitable works of his Hall of Fame quarterback father, Jim Kelly, died yesterday. He was 8.
Hunter died at Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Hunter's Hope Foundation spokesman John Dudek said. The cause was respiratory failure.

"He has been struggling for a while," Dudek said.

Born in 1997, Hunter Kelly was given no more than two years to live after being diagnosed with Krabbe disease, a rare inherited degenerative disorder of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The incurable disease hinders development of the myelin sheath, a fatty covering that protects the brain's nerve fibers.

The Hunter's Hope Foundation, established in 1997 by Kelly and his wife, Jill, has raised more than $6 million for research.

Kelly led the Buffalo Bills to an unprecedented four AFC titles in the early 1990s. He paid tribute to Hunter in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech in 2002.

"It has been written throughout my career that toughness is my trademark," Kelly said. "Well, the toughest person I've ever met in my life is my hero, my soldier, my son, Hunter."

Originally published on August 6, 2005

August 6th, 2005 03:05 PM
LadyJane This child was a special gift. Hunter wasn't expected to live to age 1. The little fighter passed away at 8 1/2.

Our entire city and region feel for the Kelly family.

Rest in peace.

LJ.

August 6th, 2005 03:08 PM
jb Very sad when I learned of Hunter's death. Marino and Kelly had a close r/s and helped each others respective charities. I learned about Hunter plight on ESPN special. Another angel made his way into heaven today.
August 6th, 2005 09:13 PM
keithriffhard sad very sad
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)