ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's teeth Return to archive
August 6th, 2005 03:11 AM
wgwalsh Was watching LADIES & GENTS with the missus, a novice fan, and she asked me what was up with Keith's teeth. Does anyone have any information ?
August 6th, 2005 04:06 AM
Honky Tonk Man They were rotting away because of his heroin addiction.
August 6th, 2005 04:45 AM
egon always brush 3 times a day kids!
August 6th, 2005 06:51 AM
lotsajizz actually, heroin in itself (rare) causes no organic damage whatsoever to the body (or teeth)....it's the impurities in the junk and it's the lifestyle associated with addiction and procurement that cause the health issues...a rather technical point, but it remains....
August 6th, 2005 08:36 AM
Poplar
google search: meth mouth portland police
August 6th, 2005 11:36 AM
Too Tough I've heard two versions: that they started to rot from years of smack or that he got a big chunk of one of his front teeth knocked out in a drug-related dispute. In the 2002 Rolling Stone cover story, Keith mentioned how he left it "hanging" that way on purpose for a while. In any event, he got a new set of choppers around 1976.
August 6th, 2005 04:04 PM
kath his toothless years were really ugly, imho. a lot of people say he did his best work then, but he totally creeped me out like that.

his implants look mahvelous, dahling!!!
August 6th, 2005 10:02 PM
Bob Tamp I love the rotted out teeth years. Keith was truly elegantly wasted.
August 6th, 2005 10:07 PM
T&A
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
I love the rotted out teeth years. Keith was truly elegantly wasted.

Amen
August 7th, 2005 03:18 AM
BrianJonesForever
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:

Ahhhh, conjuring images of Keith, spikey hair, scarf, tight pants and glazed over eyes jamming out to "Can't you hear me knocking"
August 7th, 2005 09:39 AM
keefkid ya h does no actual damage to your teeth but it does make ya forget or not care about brushing (as well as daily baths, etc hahaha)

but the teeth thing is an English thing...I don't think they have fluoride in the water there and they do not drink alot of milk like in the US and they drink alot of tea which is hard on the enamel, plus seems to me the English just have soft teeth...my da is from England and I got his soft teeth, have to brush all the time or they jus get cavities all the time...plus my years of bad habits added to it also, I just had a few pulled, and jus about every tooth I have has been worked on ...

so it is alot of things...
August 7th, 2005 11:35 AM
gorda
quote:
keefkid wrote:
ya h does no actual damage to your teeth but it does make ya forget or not care about brushing (as well as daily baths, etc hahaha)

but the teeth thing is an English thing...I don't think they have fluoride in the water there and they do not drink alot of milk like in the US and they drink alot of tea which is hard on the enamel, plus seems to me the English just have soft teeth...my da is from England and I got his soft teeth, have to brush all the time or they jus get cavities all the time...plus my years of bad habits added to it also, I just had a few pulled, and jus about every tooth I have has been worked on ...

so it is alot of things...

I think that a lot of dentists are crooks, and if you have good insurance they will take advantage of this fact and do all sorts of unnessary work!
August 7th, 2005 03:29 PM
Blackcloakcat Bob Tamp wrote:

Hey, he looked fantastic back then. They gave him "character"...
August 7th, 2005 05:44 PM
keefkid
quote:
gorda wrote:

I think that a lot of dentists are crooks, and if you have good insurance they will take advantage of this fact and do all sorts of unnessary work!

ahh mabye but not in my case I have s--t insurance, only pays $1000 a year, that is like one crown, my teeth hurt all the time if I dont constantly brush, floss, etc and I get lots of pain in my jaws and sinus infections from them...I will have to go the implant root like keef too very soon...believe me, some people jus have soft teeth...
August 7th, 2005 07:43 PM
Child of the Moon I've also read it had a lot to do with the speed he did back in the '60's.
August 7th, 2005 09:14 PM
keefkid
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I've also read it had a lot to do with the speed he did back in the '60's.

ya well I guess you mean meth right, but back then, I dont think meth was around, they did alot of coke & pep pills im sure...I know alot of toothless cranksters thats for sure ...but that is years and years of abuse and not taking care of your teeth ....

like i said, it is most definetly a combination of all of the above...
August 8th, 2005 01:56 AM
KeithRichardsWife Keith was still sexy to me.
August 8th, 2005 04:22 AM
Mathijs Heroin doesn't effect the teeth, coke and especially acid does. Acid truly breaks down your teeth, leaving big holes. Coke is bad fot the gum, especially if you rub some coke on it to numb your teeth. In '67 and '68 Keith was a big acif user, and that shows in 1969: his teeth were falling out. He replaced them already in 1973, some new ones in 1976, and the again just for the 1981 tour.

Mathijs
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)