ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: regarding that girls=40Licks=SOL quote Return to archive
August 5th, 2005 01:43 PM
Saint Sway I cant find where I read it... but you know that quote about how the marketing mavens behind the Stones label wanted to put out Street Of Love to capitalize on the market of young girls that got into the Stones thru Forty Licks....

well...

what makes them assume that girls that dig 40 Licks only like Keys To Your Love and not rockers like Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar, Street Fighting Man, Happy, Gimme Shelter, You Got Me Rockin...

sure theres a few Fool To Cry's & Angie's on 40 Licks but its mostly rockers

if girls dig 40 Licks isnt it safe to assume that in addition to the 3 or 4 ballads - that they might also like THE THIRTY-SIX OTHER TRACKS!!!

your thoughts please....
August 5th, 2005 01:44 PM
keithriffhard i agree actually with that, my sister suddenly got obsessed with The Stones when she heard me playing Don't Stop and she literally stole my Forty Licks CD from me and I heard her singing the lyrics to Wild Horses two days ago, I was impressed......now she's got a Stones shirt
August 5th, 2005 02:25 PM
JaggerLips Personally the new songs on Forty Licks are the least played by me.
I was more into PAINT IT BLACK, SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL, UNDERCOVER OF THE NIGHT and ANYBODY SEEN MY BABY to start with!

[Edited by JaggerLips]
August 5th, 2005 02:32 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
i agree actually with that, my sister suddenly got obsessed with The Stones when she heard me playing Don't Stop

That's not to her credit
August 5th, 2005 07:06 PM
Soldatti I know many people that bought 40 Licks thanks to Don't Stop.
August 5th, 2005 11:21 PM
keithriffhard o-kay, you're a jackass, was I saying it was so fucking special or something? Jeeze, I was saying that that's crazy for her because she listens to too much new shit like Kelly Clarkson, but obviously some people are very touchy....even when I'm not even fucking talking about anything that concerns them. Fuck you
August 6th, 2005 12:06 AM
texile so.......girls=lame music?
i won't even get STARTED on that...........
August 6th, 2005 10:39 AM
glencar Maybe "Sweet Neocon" should be the lead-off single to capitalize on all the idiots in this country.
August 6th, 2005 12:36 PM
texile oh, i don't know about that........since those "idiots" will more likely be offended by the content.
ha!
August 6th, 2005 12:44 PM
Bloozehound I don't own 40 licks, never will, I got the 4 new songs on it the good ole fashioned way, I downloaded them off the net

As for SOL I think Keefs gone on record recently to say Mick and he decided not get up each others noses this time around and mutually compromised on certain "things" in order to keep the peace

my guess is that SOL is one of those "things"

why on gawds green earth would the greatest rock n roll band on planet earth release such a tepid, shitty turd of a ballad as their first single in years ? It just doesn't compute. Then to double A-side it with the much more sensible Rough Justice rocker??

My guess. Compomise, RJ being what Keef and the band felt should be the first single, and SOL being what Mick and his pet giraffe want to hear

Makes sense to me

Who knows maybe SOL will be their hottest smash hit since forever, maybe all the girls will cream for it, but I seriously doubt that turkeys going to fly too far, its weak juju medicine
August 6th, 2005 12:57 PM
blackandblue
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
o-kay, you're a jackass, was I saying it was so fucking special or something? Jeeze, I was saying that that's crazy for her because she listens to too much new shit like Kelly Clarkson, but obviously some people are very touchy....even when I'm not even fucking talking about anything that concerns them. Fuck you

Who is the one who is touchy?
August 6th, 2005 07:50 PM
keithriffhard Listen to the lion is. Quit trying to twist my words, it won't work.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)