ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stadium or arena Return to archive
August 5th, 2005 08:49 AM
ferguson99 Hi all.....

I was wondering whether any of you had opinions as to whether I should try for an arena or stadium show. I'm debating right now between Albany and Hershey - can't go to both (the whole being a college student thing). The stage for the stadium looks quite nice to say the least, plus the outdoor atmosphere (as long as the weather is nice) and huge number of people would definately add to the experience. Would be harder to get tickets cause it appears sold out on TM though.

On the other hand, I'd most likely be closer to the stage in Albany, with less people, and can try for tix on Saturday. Albany is also closer to me and I wouldn't have to spend the night. Don't know if the setup will be as nice as the stadiums though.

Anyway, I'm probably thinking about this way too much - I'll see the Stones either way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
August 5th, 2005 10:13 AM
Gazza arena, every time

Unless you're overobsessed with seeing the 'spectacle' more so than the actual show.

welcome to Rocks Off!
August 5th, 2005 10:16 AM
Mr Jimmy Welcome!

Gazza is Bang on. The smaller the venue... the better the show.
You'll hear more, see more, and FEEL more.
August 5th, 2005 10:57 AM
gimmekeef Yes the boys are right..Albany Arena..although if its brand new the acoustics might be tricky.But after Albany they are showing a week off..so they might play a few more gems perhaps there.....But if you like the fireworks and huge spectacle..its tough to beat your first Stones stadium...Welcome to Rocks Off and best of luck!
August 5th, 2005 11:16 AM
corgi37 Ah, its the Stones, man.
August 5th, 2005 11:25 AM
ferguson99 Yeah, I'll try for Albany tix on Saturday and see what comes up. I'm sure the setup in the arena will be just as impressive. Like you said, it's the Stones!
August 5th, 2005 12:30 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT arena, sound is way better... great no matter what but for 450 i rather be in an arena.
August 5th, 2005 12:40 PM
Joey [quote]ferguson99 wrote:
Hi all.....

I was wondering whether any of you had opinions as to whether I should try for an arena or stadium show. "

Arena ---- EVERYTIME !!!!!!

With a Stadium show the sound is usually murder and the frigin weather is sooooooo unpredicatable in the States during the late summer / fall !!!!!!!

By the way , since you are new here --- I'm kinda curious .....Do You like Sweaters ?!?! :

Flacky !
August 5th, 2005 02:13 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Both have their advantages. If you've never seen a Stones show, or taking someone that hasn't, I would say do the stadium show. The Stones put on one of the best shows in the business and it's nothing like partying down with 60 or 70 thousand of people. The atmosphere is totally different between a stadium and arena, but regardless which you choose, it's still The Stones and it's going to be great either way!
August 5th, 2005 02:19 PM
ListenToTheLion Arena no doubt I am fed up with stadiums.
August 5th, 2005 07:08 PM
Soldatti Both.
August 6th, 2005 12:55 PM
ferguson99 So yeah..... I'm in this apartment all summer and never had a problem with internet. I wake up at 9:40, sit down in front of my computer, type in ticketmaster.com - and I can't connect to the internet. Couldn't get online until now. FUCK! No tickets...
August 6th, 2005 02:07 PM
Gazza you'll get them OK..

plenty of time, either on post-sales or people offering spares..or even by going along on the night

You'll get in, dont worry.
August 6th, 2005 02:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You'll get in, dont worry.

Damn Straight !

....every man gets what he wants .

" Some Women take a little longer Ronnie ! "

Joey Coppola
August 6th, 2005 04:25 PM
jb http://www.geocities.com/pegmihedu/Sign.html
August 6th, 2005 06:32 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Joey wrote:

....every man gets what he wants .

I wanted a mission and, for my sins, they gave me one.
August 6th, 2005 07:10 PM
T&A Arenas don't always offer better sound than stadiums - for the Licks tour, it was just the opposite experience for me - arenas sucked soundwise while the 2 PacBell shows were excellent in that dept.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)