ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones and Creedence Return to archive
August 4th, 2005 09:40 PM
kmc Reading book on Credence Clearwater Revival called “Bad Moon Rising.” Came across a Stones reference, this from their bass player Stu Cook:

(The year is 1993 and CCR had long broke up. Cook had bounced around with several groups.)

“Mick Jagger called me and asked if I’d be interested in auditioning for the gig as bass player in the Rolling Stones.

They flew me to NYC and we jammed for about two hours.

I was one of nineteen American bass players they auditioned to replace Bill Wyman. They behaved almost like perfect gentlemen. Keith was the most intense, Ronnie and Charlie the most friendly, and Mick, while aloof, was also cordial. I knew I wasn’t the guy they were looking for, but I took full advantage of the situation, calling out tunes even after Mick had signaled the “audition” was over. I was like a kid in a candy store. As a final touch, their crew kept all the patch cords for my bass rig. Oh well, I was still way ahead as far as I was concerned.”

(So who were the other 18 bass candidates?!!! Guess Darryl was one.)
August 4th, 2005 09:43 PM
corgi37 Fancy asking him.
August 5th, 2005 02:00 PM
gimmekeef I believe Hutch Hutchison the bassist for Bonnie Raitt was also involved.In fact I remember hearing they laid down some tracks with him...Does anyone know if they surfaced as boots??
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)