ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones film news Return to archive
July 28th, 2005 02:28 PM
stewed & Keefed http://www.brianjonesfc.com/

Hot Movie News

The original Brian Jones Fan Club Cheltenham (BJFCC) has been informed that the Stephen Woolley film "STONED" about the "murder" of Brian Jones on the 3rd July 1969, is to have its General Cinema release in the UK during October 2005. We are trying to establish the actual date for this most anticipated and possibly, controversial film.
July 28th, 2005 06:15 PM
gypsy I predict this movie will go straight to video.
July 28th, 2005 06:44 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I predict this movie will go straight to video.

I hope NOT!!
That would be a fuckin disaster!! :/
July 28th, 2005 07:04 PM
hotlicks I think gypsy's right-----it's going to be a turkey !!!
July 29th, 2005 01:47 AM
nowhere_girl12 I honestly don't know what to think of this movie. Either I'll feel like slapping myself within the first five minutes or it'll actually be interesting and reveal some truth. I wish the fucking thing would just come out already, one way or another! I'm sick of anticipating how horrible (or not), it'll be.

Here's another link that shows PICTURES from the film:
http://www.intandemfilms.com/movies/brian_jones.htm
July 29th, 2005 03:25 AM
stonedinaustralia it will either be quite good or if not it will be so bad it will be hilarious (and therefore quite enjoyable: for all the wrong reasons)
July 29th, 2005 04:55 AM
exile Well , It got a showing at Canne so it could be that bad could it?
July 31st, 2005 01:12 PM
Blackcloakcat Gypsy wrote:
"I predict this movie will go straight to video."

I agree. The idea of a long dead rock star & the intense, personal relationship between his builder & other workers, does not seem like a very good premise. To us Stones fans, but not the general public. That is why they are having a hard time getting it out, I'll bet ya...
August 4th, 2005 03:55 AM

STONED Film News - Issued 02/08/05

The forthcoming STONED film is to be shown for the first time at the EDINBURGH FILM FESTIVAL over the weekend of 19th / 20th / 21st August 2005. You can obtain ticket information from:
www.iofilm.co.uk

"STONED”, a Number9 Film Production, is also to be released for general Cinema veiwing on Friday 11th November, 2005.

August 4th, 2005 09:40 AM
FPM C10 I think the best thing we can hope for here is something along the lines of "Backbeat". And I actually thought "Backbeat" was okay. (Actually the "Backbeat" band was VERY cool, an alternative-rock supergroup that was some of Dave Grohl's best work outside Nirvana.)

Same deal - it's the only kind of narrowly focused story you can tell without having the rights to the songs that would be needed to tell the WHOLE sordid tale. "Backbeat" was able to focus on the days when the Beatles were a cover band.

The movie I'd like to see about Brian is about his relationship with Mick, Keith, and Anita, and you'd need a TON of Stones songs to do it right.

I think Gypsy is right - straight to video after a very brief and limited run in a few theaters. That has no reflection on the quality of the movie - the general public don't know who Brian was. The only way it had a shot at a broader audience would've been if a big name (i.e. Brad Pitt) had played Brian.

I'll definitely rent the video, though!
August 5th, 2005 01:51 PM

HOT BUST & MOVIE NEWS
MOJO Magazine - Issued 04/08/05

The Brian Jones Cheltenham Bust story has made it into the September issue of the MOJO magazine, on page 16. The super BJFCC close-up shot of the Bust looks most impressive, especially Brian’s gilded hair, which gives the Bust its name of “GOLDEN BOY”. Also, the ongoing Cotchford Farm swimming pool Tiles Sale gets a mention as well.

An article about the venue of the STONED film, which is to be screened at the August 2005 Edinburgh Film Festival, was also reported in the Gloucestershire Echo on 04/08/05. BJFCC Manager, David Reynolds, commented, “I’m both excited and apprehensive. Whatever it is like, it’s going to be controversial. Everyone’s got their own opinion on what happened that night so it will be interesting to see Mr Woolley’s interpretation. It’s certainly an eagerly awaited film. I have had members ringing us from Japan and the US trying to find out the date so that they can book a holiday to the UK.”

A new documentary called, “Not Fade Away: Brian Jones and The Rolling Stones Story”, about Brian’s life in Cheltenham, London & Cotchford Farm, is being put together. Film maker Richard Driscoll has compiled interviews with friends and former colleagues for the 75 minute film, due to be released very soon. The film was made with our assistance and will be available via the website due course.

August 6th, 2005 03:06 AM
HellsRollingThunder It is about time for any Rolling Stones fan to KNOW who Brian
Jones was. After all he FOUNDED THE GROUP!! If it wasn't for
Brian Jones there would be NO STONES!! Just because the
man has been deceased since 1969 does NOT mean he should
be put on a shelf somewhere and forgotten like some out of date
piece of clothing. This movie should show what his life was like
when he was alive and a participating member of the Rolling
Stones, and how his life was during that time whether he was
messed up or NOT!! This generation of Stones fans, if there are
any should know the background of the Stones, and how they
worked their butts off making it to the top despite their addictions,
and personal setbacks. Whether it goes to video or not depends
on how Mr Woolley made his film with the $18 million he had to
work with as well as the script and the efforts of the cast. I hope
the movie is good, and shows a well thought out, researched,
and written film of a man who had many problems only to be
murdered when he was trying to get his act together. If not then
it will go straight to video and it will be a waste.
August 6th, 2005 03:32 AM
wgwalsh The film could be the sleeper of the year.
August 6th, 2005 04:51 AM
Blackcloakcat --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is about time for any Rolling Stones fan to KNOW who Brian
Jones was. After all he FOUNDED THE GROUP!! If it wasn't for
Brian Jones there would be NO STONES!! Just because the
man has been deceased since 1969 does NOT mean he should
be put on a shelf somewhere and forgotten like some out of date
piece of clothing. This movie should show what his life was like
when he was alive and a participating member of the Rolling
Stones, and how his life was during that time whether he was
messed up or NOT!! This generation of Stones fans, if there are
any should know the background of the Stones, and how they
worked their butts off making it to the top despite their addictions,
and personal setbacks. Whether it goes to video or not depends
on how Mr Woolley made his film with the $18 million he had to
work with as well as the script and the efforts of the cast. I hope
the movie is good, and shows a well thought out, researched,
and written film of a man who had many problems only to be
murdered when he was trying to get his act together. If not then
it will go straight to video and it will be a waste...

Sorry, But, imho, Brian was just not able to function, & would never have made it to 30, as even he predicted. He was too fragile & vain - once he started losing his looks, hhis confidence& talent went by the wayside for him. Mick is so driven by money, & power, he would have been successful in any career he chose. Keith was so into his music, he would've ended up on a stage, somewhere. Brian just wasn't like that... BCC
August 6th, 2005 05:20 AM
nowhere_girl12
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I think the best thing we can hope for here is something along the lines of "Backbeat". And I actually thought "Backbeat" was okay. (Actually the "Backbeat" band was VERY cool, an alternative-rock supergroup that was some of Dave Grohl's best work outside Nirvana.)

Same deal - it's the only kind of narrowly focused story you can tell without having the rights to the songs that would be needed to tell the WHOLE sordid tale. "Backbeat" was able to focus on the days when the Beatles were a cover band.

The movie I'd like to see about Brian is about his relationship with Mick, Keith, and Anita, and you'd need a TON of Stones songs to do it right.

I think Gypsy is right - straight to video after a very brief and limited run in a few theaters. That has no reflection on the quality of the movie - the general public don't know who Brian was. The only way it had a shot at a broader audience would've been if a big name (i.e. Brad Pitt) had played Brian.

I'll definitely rent the video, though!

Ooh yeah I'm glad you mentioned 'Backbeat'. I think anyone who can sit through that movie will be able to watch this one. I also thought 'Backbeat' was well done.
August 6th, 2005 09:51 AM
glencar This should actually end up being a good movie but I too am unable to see it in the Top Ten box office pool.
August 7th, 2005 12:40 AM
corgi37 I think it will be pretty much crap. You can just tell its gonna be "oh Keith and Mick are soooooooo mean to poor little Brian".

I doubt there would a decent budget to re-create some of the events of the times.

Might catch it on pay-tv in the next couple of years. Doesnt interest me that much.
August 7th, 2005 01:16 AM
keithriffhard it interests me a lot, me being a Brian fanatic, but I just hope it's represented right............if it isn't it will be as bad as that horrifying statue, it doesn't even look like Brian it looks like some type of lizard or something, it's fucking disgrace. They wouldn't do that to someone like Bob Hope or Ronald Reagen, sadly Ronal Reagen is higher on the world's list of important people than Brian. Sad....Sad.....
August 7th, 2005 04:45 PM
HellsRollingThunder I was trying to say that Brian Jones should be remembered as the
person who started the Stones and not forgotten. Any person who
is a fan of the Stones who takes the time to do research on the
Stones would discover how the Stones got started and credit
should be given to Brian for his participation in the songs and in
the group whether or not he was messed up. Even though Brian
did not live past age 27 he should be remembered whether a
person likes him or not. At this time we don't know what this film
will portray, or how good it will be. I have heard that it will probably
will go straight to video. I was writing that message very late at
night and it did not come out exactly right-sorry. I was getting very
tired. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)