ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If u get a chance, think of my Dad Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 27th, 2005 08:14 PM
Daethgod My Dad, Rob, is a fellow Stones freak.
In short, he has had angina, copped chest pains on Friday, had an angiogram on Monday, and only hours after the boys announced they would tour Oz he had a triple bypass operation.
He is still in intensive care, and is doing ok, (had a rough night tho.. bit of bleeding surgeon said)
anyays the first words he will hear from my Mum tomorrow when she is allowed to see him will be ' the surgeon said it went well and the STONES ARE COMING '

anyways... without being morbid ... get well dad ! and you me and the boys will be singing and going nutty in April in row3 ( i hope )
here are some pics of me, my girl and my dad at the Licks shows.

http://www.krock.com.au/dad/pics.html

July 27th, 2005 08:24 PM
parmeda There is absolutely nothing morbid about the love you have for your father.

Bless you, both...

See if you can bring in a CD player to the hospital...play that man some music and watch how fast he heals.

July 27th, 2005 08:26 PM
Daethgod yer i played him Rough Justice and SOL over the phone on last Friday and Mum said on Sat that was all he could talk about .

: )

July 27th, 2005 08:46 PM
pdog DUDE!
I have no words except you guys seem like an awesome family. I hope everything goes well for him and just like you, me and my Dad will be seeing The Stones soon too!
Great pics, you made my eyes get watery.
July 27th, 2005 08:57 PM
Gazza man, thats bad news - sorry to hear about your dad

our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I hope he gets well soon

July 27th, 2005 09:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hope he gets well soon, you daddy rocks. I'm sure he will love to see get well wishes from the Rocks Off gang.
July 27th, 2005 09:19 PM
Rolling Beatle Tell your dad to make sure he gets better!

I envy all of you seeing the Stones--I'm missing out.

Everyone, enjoy yourselves!
July 27th, 2005 10:46 PM
KeepRigid Hope your dad gets well soon. You should print out copies of the new band photos and album cover, then hang them in his room to encourage a speedy recovery.

I would also print out one of that statue of Brian (see avatar), since you know what they say about laughter being the best medicine.
July 27th, 2005 11:44 PM
Madafaka All the best wishes to you and you father.
We're with you both!
July 27th, 2005 11:47 PM
MrPleasant My sincerest good wishes to you and your family, Daethgod.
July 27th, 2005 11:48 PM
Soldatti Daethgod, all my prayers are with you and your father.
July 28th, 2005 02:09 AM
Taptrick
those are great pictures. That one of your dad when you are a bady is stunning...very artistic.

July 28th, 2005 04:01 AM
FotiniD All the best wishes for a fast recovery to your dad Daethgod. Everything will be alright, just be by his side, play him some music and you two will be together for the gigs in no time.

And yes, those pictures are lovely, especially the black and white.

All the best!
July 28th, 2005 04:50 AM
Jumacfly Daethgod!
best wishes to you dad and your family

RO'ers are with you

JU
July 28th, 2005 05:49 AM
Daethgod thanks fellow Stonesy types

i ma seeing him Saturday

i actually spoke to him on the phone and told him the Stones are coming and he was stoked !
as stoked as a 60 year old in ICU can be...

cant wait to see him, thought we were gonna lose him there for a minute

thanks heaps for all your thoughts, im gonna print em out and show him that he has mates all around the planet rooting for him

: )
July 28th, 2005 05:50 AM
thejuf Rob, get well soon!
I wish you a speedy recovery so you may go home soon and be with your nearest and dearest!

pauline, the juf
July 28th, 2005 06:33 AM
Bob Tamp My thoughts and prayers to your father, and your entire family. God Bless.
July 28th, 2005 07:45 AM
Poplar
something tells me Rough Justice made him feel better.

all my best
July 28th, 2005 08:21 AM
scratched Get well soon Daethgod Senior!
July 28th, 2005 09:14 AM
Phog Sorry to hear of your dad's health problems. Best of luck to you all.
July 28th, 2005 09:24 AM
egon all the best to your dad. hope he gets well soon!
July 28th, 2005 09:53 AM
jb Prayers to your father and family.
[Edited by jb]
July 28th, 2005 09:57 AM
HomerJRichards Sorry to hear about that mate. My Dad had a heart attack on Dec 29 last year. I know what you are going thru buddy. Keep your chin up. I wish you and your Dad all the best. Incidentally, my Dad doesn't mind the Stones but he's a Chris Barber nut & we all know what a champion of R&B he was in the early days of the Stones.

July 28th, 2005 10:42 AM
Tom Get well daddy you must take sonny to see the stones downunder and you cannot miss the new album
July 28th, 2005 11:14 AM
Lazy Bones Get well soon, Rob.

My dad and I relish in the fact that we're concert pals as well. You're in my prayers.
July 28th, 2005 11:16 AM
moy my prayers are all for your dad
July 28th, 2005 11:17 AM
Mr Jimmy Looks like you guys have a great relationship. Very nice!

Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery and many more Rolling Stone experiences to be shared by both of you.
July 28th, 2005 11:26 AM
sonicrock not praying, not a believer,but you have all my sympathy, and the pictures are great especially the last one, your dad looks like brando on this one
i hope everything gonna be the way you want to
sr
July 28th, 2005 01:08 PM
JaggerLips I wish your father well!!!

I think he'll be fine, it's amazing what medical science can do these days!!

BEST WISHES!
July 28th, 2005 01:10 PM
hotlicks Your dad will be rocking when the stones hit town next april
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)