ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's shirt in Prague - mystery solved Return to archive
08-01-03 02:17 PM
sandrew Man, do I love Vaclav Havel. Here's a report from National Review Online, a conservative webzine:

"The Rolling Stones have been performing in Prague. Amongst the highlights, an appearance by Vaclav Havel. He appeared on stage and presented a T-shirt to Keith Richards. The T-Shirt's slogan?

"F--k the Communists."

Press reports note that the T-shirt drew "laughs and applause" from the audience.

Czech communists are, reportedly, offended by this gesture. Well, Havel is right, f--k 'em. Their party was responsible for the murder, jailing or exile of tens of thousands of people - and that's really something to be 'offended' by."
08-01-03 02:18 PM
nankerphelge That's great -- it looked very Keithy -- now we know why!!
08-01-03 03:04 PM
gypsy Damn! I thought Keith was wearing the t-shirt I sent him with the iron-on of Maxy humping his dog.
08-01-03 03:29 PM
Factory Girl We should all wear t-shirts with "Maxy's Dog". It should be the official RO logo...
08-01-03 03:31 PM
gypsy I've got a pack of plain white T-shirts...and an iron-on kit...all I have to do is add that pic to the iron-on, and PRESTO--we'll all have Maxy humping his dog on our chests. Should we have a slogan or something underneath the photo? This will be a cool part-time Summer job...making Maxy doglover shirts.
08-01-03 03:39 PM
Factory Girl Cool, maybe Voodoo can e-mail you a large version of the pic (with Maxy's permission, of course).

Slogan Rocks Off-"Salivate Like Maxy's Dog"
08-01-03 04:03 PM
Gazza when I first saw that Maxy pic i thought it was Anthony Kiedis
08-01-03 04:09 PM
Factory Girl Lol, Gazza-who looks like Anthony K.-Maxy or the dog?
08-02-03 12:58 AM
gypsy Do you think Maxy was looking at a Cheryl Tiegs poster while dry-humping Rover?
08-02-03 01:01 AM
littleredrooster DRY?

That's a supposition!

Roostah
08-02-03 01:26 AM
gypsy I'm giving Maxy the benefit of the doubt here. I think. His jeans aren't down or anything. I'd need to study the actual photo in order to come to a conclusion. And in my heart, I just know that Maxy prefers sheep...
08-02-03 05:42 PM
J.J.Flash Mmmm, I thought the slogan on Keith's T-Shirt was "Fuck Leavell".....
Just wondering......
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
08-03-03 02:49 AM
Cant Catch Me Hey people, I just got a new pet, a real cutie I named “Sluggo,” and I wonder if I took Sluggo to a Rocks Off gathering and Max Lugar was there, would I have to worry about Maxie buggerin’ poor little Sluggo?
I’m not worried about Sluggo getting turned into Maxie’s “bitch,” because he’s not exactly male to begin with (nor female, for that matter), but I’d hate to have poor Sluggo sodomized by a member of another species. That’s a heavy load for anybody to be saddled with, carryin’ around a lifetime of traumatic memories. I guess you could call it . . . the burden of bestiality!

Oh, yeah, here’s a picture of l’il Sluggo …

[Insert real photo here . . . ]