ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Enough already! Return to archive
07-31-03 06:47 PM
Mikey enough already with the Timberlake/Stones rants. Yes, we were all disappointed, but its over and done and there's nothing we can do about.

Let them go back and continue their European march and await the boots that emerge. soon this will all be a distant memory.....
07-31-03 06:51 PM
Soul Survivor ok

Guys, Mikey said to shut up, shhhhhhh we better do what he says
07-31-03 07:42 PM
Mikey Thank you SS!
08-01-03 12:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot You are very welcome.

What did I do?
08-01-03 12:18 AM
Soul Survivor Naw man....

Me..

We share the name

Tryin to take credit?
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
08-01-03 12:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot WTF?

I am the one and only SS on this board.

You are Soulie.

I thought we had that worked out years ago. LOL!
08-01-03 01:02 AM
Soul Survivor Ooooooooooooooooh yeah, we had that huge fist fight about it back in '86

08-01-03 01:35 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, and then I pooped on your shoes.

Then you said, "Oh OK you big baby, you can have the SS thing...go ahead, I hope people confuse you with those nasty dudes in the German Army circa 1941."

And then you shot me in the head with a paintball gun, and tried to mount me.

And just then a helicopter swooped down and rescued me from your wanton debauchery!

You bastard! I forgot about the near debauchery!

I hope Justin Timberlake dances at your birthday party.
08-01-03 10:20 AM
Soul Survivor Well you know what? It's YOUR Birtday, so dont freak out is you find a suprise today. Hahaha
08-01-03 10:37 AM
egon
quote:
Mikey wrote:
enough already with the Timberlake/Stones rants. Yes, we were all disappointed, but its over and done and there's nothing we can do about.

Let them go back and continue their European march and await the boots that emerge. soon this will all be a distant memory.....

NOTHING happened. ask SS
08-01-03 05:26 PM
Boomy The best drummer in the world is Animal.

WHA WHA WHA..........ARGHHHHHHHH, whacka whacka.....whoops, that's Fozzie.
08-02-03 05:34 PM
J.J.Flash YES, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THAT THING, ANYWAY, WHY SHOULD I CARE IF THIS SUCKER TIMBERLAKE WAS A GUEST IN TORONTO AND PERFOMED "MISS YOU" WITH THE BAND...... WHY SHOULD I CARE?!?!?!?!?!
THE FUNNY THING IS: WHEN THAT JIMMY FUCKIN' PAGE APPEARED WITH THAT PUFF DADDY PRETENDING TO PLAY HIS GUITAR ON "KASHMIR", NOBODY TOLD NOTHING, AND WHEN THE THINGS HAPPENS WITH THE GREATEST ROCK'N'ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD (THE ROLLING FUCKIN' STONES) THEY NEVER BLINK, NEVER MISS ANYTHING, THE PRESS ALWAYS KEEP BOMBING THEM.

JUST REMEMBERING, AS I AM REALLY MAD, NOW I AM PISSED OFF......... I CAN'T STAND THAT "FUCK" LEAVELL, I HATE LEAVELL. DIE CHUCK LEAVELL!

HEY STU, WHEREVER YOU ARE, WE MISS YOU!!!!!

HEY IAN MACLAGAN COME BACK MAN!!!

PRESSING STOP BUTTON NOW!

SEE YA!
08-02-03 06:02 PM
Boomy Again, you are not grasping the facts.

The Stones obviously like handing the major duties to Chuck Leavell. They will never fire him because he does a lot of work for them and takes a lot of weight off of their shoulders.

Leavell and the back up singers make them seem like the Vegas band that they are, and if people don't see it that way, they are mistaken. They maybe need one sax and one trumpet, but not a whole jazz band. And what do you need back up singers for when on some of the songs they aren't even on the stage?

Don't get me wrong. I love this band. But I'm not really crazy about the way they run their "business". I really don't care to see them live more than once a tour. Once is enough for me.

But the music will live on. I love many of their studio tracks. The albums will still be good, because they can work on mistakes and fix them.

[Edited by Boomy]
08-02-03 06:23 PM
J.J.Flash Oh dear Lord..... Rolling Stones....a Vegas band..... aw Jesus! At this point I must disagree!
08-02-03 07:58 PM
Boomy Well, obviously they are not a straight up rock band.

If they were, they wouldn't be afraid for people to hear all of their mistakes (just crank up the guitars!!) and they wouldn't have other people on stage with them.