ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BB King/Jeff Beck Return to archive
07-31-03 09:38 AM
Nellcote On Jay Leno tonight
07-31-03 07:06 PM
Dan I just threw back a Section A row C for the Greek Theatre Saturday. I might go but cant spend more than $20.
08-01-03 01:20 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Saw 'em on Leno. Fucking fantastic. That's what it's fucking all about.

-tSYX --- Rock me, baby...
08-01-03 10:08 AM
Joey
I have TRIED listening to Jeff Beck and I must admit , " I just do not get it !!!!!!! "

I mean , sure he is a great technical player , but there is no " soul " there .......no " feeling " ...............no " raw emotive power " like the Stones or The Who or Macca .

" Anyone want a couple of " Beck Starter Kits " on the cheap Ronnie ? "

Jack the Y !

08-01-03 10:18 AM
Nellcote I'm sure Macca's new wife is enjoying the "raw, emotive power" you speak of Joey, however, this is not currently translating into Sir Paul's music.
08-01-03 11:13 AM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have TRIED listening to Jeff Beck and I must admit , " I just do not get it !!!!!!! "

I mean , sure he is a great technical player , but there is no " soul " there .......no " feeling " ...............no " raw emotive power " like the Stones or The Who or Macca .

" Anyone want a couple of " Beck Starter Kits " on the cheap Ronnie ? "

Jack the Y !

Joey...come to Martha...I was in this place myself until I WATCHED Jeff Beck on the A& E live by request show last month...HOLY CRAP! This guy is a monster on that guitar...you must SEE him to truly GET him. I'll make certain to dub you a copy of the video when I get to that on my long list of burning, dubbing...spreading the musical joy...

Beck's guitar playing made me think of Mick Taylor's..in a way and at moments, not continually..am I nuts or does anyone else hear that?

Thanks for the head's up Nellcote...I did catch the performance last night!!!!! I can't wait to see this show from the 5th row on August 20th in Cleveland..anyone here gonna be there?
08-02-03 09:55 PM
Kjell I saw BB King in Stockholm/Sweden in the late 60s or maybe early 70s i was too stoned so i don't remember when. The only thing i remember is that i went with my mate "Stickan" and i fall asleep halfway through the gig.
Too much of anything is no good, is it?
08-03-03 05:12 AM
Dan Just got back, scored section A row K for $20, only $105 beneath face. Jeff Beck was awesome. BB King doesnt play much guitar anymore, but it was still great and he clearly enjoys what he does.
08-03-03 10:03 AM
Talya Peachfeather
quote:
Dan wrote:
Just got back, scored section A row K for $20, only $105 beneath face. Jeff Beck was awesome. BB King doesnt play much guitar anymore, but it was still great and he clearly enjoys what he does.

Wish I'd been there. I've enjoyed listening to Jeff Beck's music for decades.