ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wanna say I'm sorry... Return to archive
07-31-03 05:27 AM
steel driving hammer For asking the question "Will Toronto end up like Altamont."

What a fool I was, yeah, she da boss.

It was probably the most successful free concert in History.

Just cause Woodstock was the first of it's kind, doesn't mean it was best of it's kind.

07-31-03 06:54 AM
stonedinaustralia don't apologise steelie - and with all the hand wringing, wailing and gnashing of teeth that's gone on around here in the last 12 hours you'd think the gig was actually worse than altamont (i'll be interested to read nanker and lj's first hand report)

as i said before it's all a bit typical for the stones

it was a "charity show/one off gig" - remember live aid?? - - the stones were so bad they had to appear on the stage at different times - tho i still think keith and ronnie's appearance with his bobness was one of the greatest most heroic moments in rock and roll - despite (or perhaps because of) the appalling quality of the performance

as i said on another thread (or earlier in this one - i lose track after awhile) - you gotta love keith - first mick does some duet with the current flavour of the month in his usual attempt to establish some "contemporary credibility" (and i know that is a completely wild statement for which i have no substance to back it up - perhaps it was just mick's "consumate entertainer' side coming through - you know - give the people what they want - but then who the hell decides "what the people want" and who are "the people" anyway) - then keith comes out and does (what i'm sure was a heartfelt) version of a song that was written before anybody in the audience was even born

just typical stones craziness in a way - remember, "every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints"

and i'm not even sure i've heard this timberlake character -heaven knows i wouldn't recognize him if somebody showed me a pic. or played me a track - (for what that is worth)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-01-03 01:47 AM
Sir Stonesalot >It was probably the most successful free concert in History.<

Right on. Just because people had to pay to get in doesn't mean it wasn't free.

Wait...whaaaaaa?
08-01-03 05:23 PM
Boomy Free? For who?