ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I just came back Return to archive
07-31-03 02:01 AM
Prodigal Son From seeing the simulcast in Calgary. WTF? Great stuff, but also some akward moments. Let's see; the crowd itself kept jumping onto the arena floor where the hockey rink is and got beat down by security. So, instead everyone piled on to dance making it useless for security to try and stop 1000 people. Hilarious stuff.
Well, most if not all the acts leading up to the big hoopla sucked. Tea Party was okay, Sass Jordan decent.
Timberdyke wasn't up to his usual boy-band self. Though somewhat derivative, his new style is not so bad. It got very jazzy with all these horns and a trumpet solo. Who knew the little freak had so much soul in him and could kick out the jazz/funk fusion. But, since he looks dumb and cannot be taken seriously due to his N Stink work, I was not really into it at all. People at the concert were throwing shit at him. Then he said, "We all know why we're here. I know I'm here to see the motherfuckin' Stones!" Funny for that goody good to curse I thought.
The Guess Who mostly sucked because of Burton Cumming's awful voice and stupid facial contortions. It looks like he ate BSE-infected beef!Rush was dull and lifeless as usual. The songs truly blow despite their abilities. Geddy Leee must be shot on sight. How boring it was.
Then things finally kicked up. Boy, AC/DC had it all going. Angus was Angus, Brian Johnston hit his high notes very well and the set was sizzling. It was hard for the Stones to top but they did it well. Man, they rocked good. Keith got God-like attention and when he did "The Nearness of You" and "Happy," it was pure magic. The man is so cool in his wasted rebellion. Before he could even start, people kept giving him standing ovations.
Mick was a little slack on singing and lyrics, but his moves were damn good. For a man aged 60, he looks wonderful. Angus and Malcom Young came on for that little blues number "Rock Me Baby" which was awesome.
The moment Timberlake came out, I was in a constant state of laughing histerically, then staring in disbelief. It turned "Miss You" into a pile of dog doo. They made it sound kitsch like "I Will Survive." Poor Justin, he just can't hold a candle to Mick. Them singing and dancing all dumb was reminiscent of the "Dancing in the Streets" video fiasco. For a while, Keith and Ronnie just stood watching with sick curiosity.
But Keith warmed up to JT by high-fiving him and giving him a good slap on the back. With Timberdyke dancing by Ronnie, it was enough to make you hurl. But I can forgive them because it seemed like they were just poking fun at themselves. By saying, "We can perform with any loser and still get away with it," it showed their whole self-mocking attitude. However, I, as most people in the arena did, booed and I'm sure Toronto felt the same.
But the Stones proved how powerful they can still be by inciting all those people at the Saddledome tonight to defy authority and pour onto the floors where all the speakers were. It was pure madness and I though it was great. And whether drunk or not, the people did love the Stones.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
07-31-03 05:17 AM
steel driving hammer Nice early morning read!

What was the hospital mask distribution like?
07-31-03 08:47 AM
Factory Girl Wow, PS very nice. Did Mick & Jus dance the N'sync moves???

Sick curiosity, indeed. I wonder how hard Keith slapped Jus.
07-31-03 09:38 AM
Joey Very good morning read -- Thanks !

Now , if you will please excuse me ....time for my morning shit .
07-31-03 12:43 PM
Angiegirl Nice Prodigal Son, thanx!
07-31-03 01:46 PM
gypsy Thank you very much for the review, Prodigal Son.
I am shocked about the Timberlake fiasco...but I am not mad at the Stones...I still LOVE them.
07-31-03 02:38 PM
Prodigal Son Well, the high-five was funny to see from keith. He did kinda give him a hard nudge to the back. Timberlake actually got a jolt from it. Quite hilarious, yet pitiful all at the same time. But I still ain't gonna declare armageddon like lots of Stones fans are right now. They still kick ass in my book.
08-01-03 12:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot It was all computer generated fakery that caused a mass hallucination.

The Stones/Justin didn't happen. Never ever happened.
08-01-03 02:52 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Maybe they will get to do it again with wonder boy! Man can you imagine how crazed the crowd would have went if he would have performed "Street Fighting Man" with them. There's a good chance he may not have made it off the stage alive! But really guys, we all know that Justin is a street fighting man at heart right! Man that's enough, I can't take the thought any longer!
08-02-03 06:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Was this your first Stones show Prodigal Son? If so, way to go! There is nothing like having your Stones cherry popped!

Alex